Do You Have a Family Spammer?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by otaku31, Aug 7, 2021.

1. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure most of you must have that one family member in your WhatsApp group who'd fit that description. In my case, it's none other than my father. As is the case with most people in self-denial, he would never admit to it... sharing information (unverified and from untrustworthy sources), advice (philosophical evangelical mumbo jumbo), news (fake) and tips (unhelpful) is how he would put it. Additions in brackets are mine.

To think this is the very same person who, a couple of years ago, was adamant that phones are not meant to be utilized for anything other than taking or receiving calls! How smartphones make people change!

Now my mother tells me his daily nightly ritual consists of browsing YouTube videos and well, finding 'knowledge' he can forward to the family group. For two hours every day! (Is retirement excuse enough for this?) Being his cherished offspring, I have the double privilege of his sending me the same spam personally, too. I swear I'd have blocked him had he not been the one who brought me up and had not the apple... *looks back to my NUF post history*... not fallen farther from the tree. :notlikeblob:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  2. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have a family spammer. Used to be my aunt or my grandma's friend but my aunt has stopped while by grandma's friend is deceased.

They both only sent encouraging quotes, images, GIFs and videos too so I appreciate it now.

3. Deleted member 176237

Deleted member 176237 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    The spams that I would like to see tbh. My messages is just plain deserted if not sh*t spams and stressful things.

otaku31 likes this.
  4. Zissel

Zissel Blue Blue Gold❣❣

Reading List:
    Link
    :sushi_peak::sushi_hide:
    I don't have Whatsapp and I've never allowed any family members to be added with me on FB:blob_sunglasses::blob_sunglasses:

Reack and otaku31 like this.
  5. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    We have a family spanner and it's quite useful:blobwhistle: :blobwhistle:

6. Deleted member 176237

Deleted member 176237 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    F*ck, I know this feeling. My father sends me shit tons of Conspiracy Theories everyday alongside with Bible Verses as if I was some kind of devil or something. It's kinda annoying tbh but most of the time I just try to ignore it.

otaku31 likes this.
  7. Deadmantellnotales

Deadmantellnotales rebmeM nwonK-lleW

Reading List:
    Link
    yea, I just mute them.

8. judeiiro

judeiiro radish

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not often enough to be called spam but yeah, my mum usually forwards those unverified "warning"/panic messages even though they're usually fake. It's not like she actually panics or takes them to heart either, she's just forwarding to us :confusedcatblob:

otaku31 likes this.
  9. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    You people have a family group on a messenger? My fellows and I all barely exchange words in the physical world, much less the net

otaku31 likes this.
  10. Devil Heart

Devil Heart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope i don't have one, though one thing I wanna agree with u, how my dad changes when he realised he can do more activity using his phone than messaging and calling peoples.
    Now all my fam is addicted with our phone except for my mom. Actually I kinda understand why my dad switch to phone because my mom occuppying the television all by herself then they always fought to watch the tv. My dad sick of that, so he turns to something else for entertainment.
    All my fam except my mom didn't watch tv now lol, I even forgot how to properly use tv (bcs years ago the tv changes the remote and all that) so the tv's menu, all of it are unfamiliar to me now lol
    I only need my phone now and everything is fine :blobokhand::cookie:

11. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My father does that.. but irl. Relying what he read from his many messy groups of spammers directly to us. Whatsapp is full of conspiracy theories and he's especially susceptible to it :blobflag: there are times when I wish he'll tell me that he's just being sarcastic but so far it's only a wish

12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    nope~ no one~
    cuz..... at best just comment on news but never forward such thing to another family member~
    one thing for sure~ mobile internet do wonder to older generation or those who never touch it before tho~

you know there occasion when listen to gossip among aunty and uncles stuff based on internet thing you need to have certain self control to hold impulse of downright laughing... or wanna facepalm....
    its hard ya know...
    really....
    anyway all generations is similar...
    it lucky this cat kinda open to gossiping and discuss various stuff among this cat siblings so kinda build some resistance.....

13. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan read that as 'Do you have a family spanner?" The answer is yes. It's been in our family for generations, and is currently held by Ai-chan's older brother. He would probably pass it on to his first born son, who was his second child. His first child, a daughter, probably wouldn't want to take up the sacred art of spannering.

seemanta and otaku31 like this.
  14. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    Used to be my father, but not anymore.
    I don't really know the reason why he stopped:hmm:, but im glad :blobsmilehappy:.

otaku31 likes this.
  15. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    Me I am the family spammer I use Snapchat filters on pictures of my cousins and spam them with it or make cute videos of them on tiktok with nice songs on then spam them they like it but my aunt who’s phone is being spammed hates it

otaku31 likes this.
  16. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    No one in my family spams except me, probably under the bad influence of Discord where I got used to typing setnences in short word blocks lol XD

otaku31 likes this.
  17. Deleted member 348269

Deleted member 348269 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    No on in fam spams really. Maybe share article or news. Mostly text errands and important things, or funny pics caught our turtles in (latter mostly between sublings). Only time is spam bunch of pictures bc they asked for pictures. We don't really spam and get annoyed by friends if our phone is nonstop beeping from notifications. So I think we all know that and just not spammy.

otaku31 likes this.
  18. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd quickly leave any family chat that got spammed regularly... >.>

otaku31 likes this.
  19. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    We all have that one people i think.

otaku31 likes this.
  20. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My Dad spams in person. Just brings up random info out of the blue multiple times a day. If it was useful knowledge that would be nicer, but it's usually political news updates. We differ in opinion on some points, so that makes it harder.

otaku31 likes this.