Why does everyone act like it’s normal?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Raven Evernight, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does everyone act like it is normal for kids to use guns in America I see pictures and stories about parents letting their kids use guns and it seems crazy I remember I read something about a 9 year old girl accidentally killing a man whilst being taught to use a gun in America and that just got forgotten I’m the passage of time cause stuff like that happens a lot in America

Shiki and SquadCammander354 like this.
  2. TheLastAeon

TheLastAeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think before you ask why everyone act like it's normal, the first question is "is it true?":blobpeek:
    Though I'm not americans, so I don't know anything:blobwhistle:

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  3. Kiss

Kiss {Cutie of the Chaos Family}

Reading List:
    Link
    "... in America"~
    Here is your answer~

4. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, yeah. If you ask around enough or you have an older brother it'll happen.

5. RainMorga

RainMorga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The girl you are talking about mostly likely is the one being taught how to use an Uzi. The instructor should not have let her use that. She was not able to handle the recoil. At least that's the story I've read.

This thread has a high possibility of turning into a political discussion.

6. Deleted member 202210

Deleted member 202210 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen kids hold guns, though those were toy guns mostly. (where I live and what I see from a few people I interact with in other countries)

7. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not that it's normal.

It's legal to America to have guns in their homes. That's why, it is very accessible to kids.

But having guns in America was alarming. Many politicians in America wanted to address that gun ownership or something.

Obama once have a long speech about that gun topic.

So, I think it's not normal "to act normal". Maybe you just didn't know. Since you read it in books, but in reality, they were really trying hard how to address this guns incidents.

I think the reason why American citizen is okay to have guns is for self defense? In our country, it's hard to have legalized gun ownership, unlike in America. So only in jobs like policeman, military, security guard can you find guns. Except for those rich people.

8. RainMorga

RainMorga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it was normal to teach kids how to use guns in America, there would be a lot less school shootings.

9. Kairil

Kairil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, "normal" is, amongst other things, defined by the enviroment.

Not too long ago I saw a 'real crime' type american series where a lady said something along the lines of:

"Sure, there have been people shot dead by something normal like a shooting on the streets, but a case like this never happend in our little city before."

Made me wonder quite a bit too at first. It's just... more than just strange to file being shot on the streets as something normal where I live. But that's true in one way or the other for everyone and everything, depending on the point of view I'd say.

Raven Evernight likes this.
  10. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would imagine if you are born to a family that has guns, your first experience with them is around 9 or 10. Both my sister and I fired a gun for the first time around 10 and I remember that shooting .22s at boy scout camp was common.

11. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

12. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    Some areas its common some its not. It mostly depends on how close neighbors are in distance.

13. Yog-Sothoth

Yog-Sothoth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... because it's normal? Every year a ton of kids die because accidentally start a fire, turn over a kettle of boiling water or fall on cooking knives. Don't even mention ingestion of all sort of chemicals.

What's the selective issue with guns? Some American states have their culture, and for most of them knowing how to handle a gun from childhood is a normal skill.

Fishy_MC_FishMan, mir and Mooduck like this.
  14. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I got taught how to use a gun at about 8 years old I think. I honestly think its a great idea as long as your kids mentally healthy. Teach a kid how to work a gun in case a robber comes in your house or some shit while your not home and the kids home alone.

Plus if you have a weapon in your home I hope your hiding it either in a place the kid can reach or some where they cant even touch.

But also side note, its not "normal" to teach your kid how to use a gun. Thats just a minority of people doing it and the media blowing it up out of proportion.

Fishy_MC_FishMan, mir and Mooduck like this.
  15. Mooduck

Mooduck Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As an American, it is not normal. Kids cannot legally obtain guns, but parents can own guns. Kids that do know how to use a gun are usually taken hunting by their parents or has a bebe gun as a toy. Part of the problem is that pop culture shows guns being used, but does not usually address the seriousness of the consequences. It's not a difficult concept to understand. Aim and shoot. When I was in elementary school every year they would have a local deputy come out and speak to every grade about gun safety awareness and how it is not a toy. We were usually told stories about guns going off in backpacks from being jostled. The kid that brought it wanted to do "show-and-tell"(aka. Boast) when it happened. The kids that went hunting with their parents were usually more impressed with gun safety than the others. Most responsible parents lock up their guns so accidents are less likely to happen. Part of the problem is the illegal transaction of guns. In public it is illegal to carry unless you have a hidden weapon license and the gun has to be hidden. It can only be taken out in emergency situations to protect your or other's life. Many places have a no gun policy, so even with a hidden weapon permit you can get kicked out/banned. Usually if you draw people call the police. Then you get arrested and they figure out everything down at the station. Places like the courthouse, themeparks, airports, and concerts have a zero policy for any weapon. If you have one the police on duty give two options 1)go back and put it in your car or 2) you are letting them confiscate it (aka voluntarily surrendering it). If you choose neither you get arrested. For every mass shooting there is a large investigation into the psyche of the person, where they obtained the gun, did anyone else know about it beforehand and could have possibly stopped them, were they trying to seek fame by being a copycat, etc. If the gun was owned by someone that person usually gets charged along with the perpetrator of the incident. If it was illegally obtained then it gets added to the list of illegal weapon transactions that are under investigation already, but with higher priority since the gun made its way to minors. Part of the legislative action by Obama was for every gun to have a permit and reduce the amount of illegal guns in the country. People start to get upset because they think that you are taking their right to bear arms away and "oh, no! The government is taking our rights away! We have to resist" or "How am I supposed to protect myself if someone with a gun invades my house. My children!" The second one is the most prevalent. Americans are kinda paranoid in a way..... Th main argument is that people pull the trigger of the tool. So we should go after the source, but again more arguments on how to do it.

Huahua2000 and mir like this.
  16. phonebinder

phonebinder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if its just me or the fact that I barely watch the news but I never hear news of any kid legally using guns in America.

17. deadlyexistence23

deadlyexistence23 ❝ And maybe, for a while that was true ❞

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on what kind of household you are in, for me, I had accessed to a gun when I was 8+ years old, because of my father who have it and blah blah blah.

18. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not really normal, but sometimes it is good to learn that for self-protection, just in case some murderous psycho running around with a gun comes after you. (murderous psychos are really dangerous here because most of them have guns :/)

Mnotia likes this.
  19. IRandomGuy

IRandomGuy ohhh, custom title...

Reading List:
    Link
    Kid should not be in contact with gun, but in an area where there is bound to be gun, gun education is a must. Let's swap out gun with car. Sure, you are not allow to drive til you get license/permit, but basic knowledge about them, blinker, right of way, signs of drunk driving, etc. Can make a difference.

mir likes this.
  20. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    America, bitch.