Spoiler I Only Came To Find My Dad

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wait so they were exchanging letters which he thought from the mother, but goodness he couldn't even check if it's legit nor to even find them when he's the duke and wow! He has a another wife which he screwed for status. So he basically doesn't love them enough. Y'all should just accept how stupid this novel was, a 4yr old probably wrote it.

2. Anju2021

Anju2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Yeah is a pity that there are messages that you cannot report, on many occasions I have felt like doing it too.

So ... the protagonist is passive, almost as naive as her mother, she has no education and from what you say she lacks personality, she is basically empty, and her best effort to save her mother was useless, from the point of view of a reader's, this is all very frustrating, so, once she finds her father, will her life improve? Since we know that nothing can be expected from her because she is impeded by her innocence / ignorance, So if her father is good, will he be the one to solve all the problems for her? Or will it be the ML? (if there are any, sometimes the novels focus on the personal growth of the protagonist), Or somehow slowly she will improve and be able to get up on her own?, She will continue to be abused In the course of all this? Will it continue to be as frustrating as the case with the mother?

I don't expect the protagonist of a novel to be cunning and intriguing, that after going through many traumatic things, out of the blue she becomes the typical Machiavellian protagonist, no, also don't like protagonists to whom others solve their problems for them, and YES I don't know how this novel will turn to be, because I have not read the book, and I'm only assuming things based on what I have seen (seen and not read because I don't know Korean), I only know that for now this novel seems very frustrating, and wish that for those who will continue reading it the protagonist can give a great/good surprise, those who have already read the novel can enlighten everyone about it.

If someone is uncomfortable with what I said, you can complain and quote me to voice yourself, but have in mind I won't, read, reply or see this novel discussion anylonger, I may come back when the webtoon is advanced enough, maybe in one year (?), don't know. And relax peopple this is just a novel, expel all the frustrations of your daily life here, (you know, most people aren't capable to argue like this face to face xDDD)

i_am_here, Le_Tired, xpeanut and 7 others like this.
  3. qweensera

qweensera Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i came here for the spoilers not to read your opinions on the dad:facepalm: yall can discuss that somewhere else :blobexpressionless:

Am_elf, tori___, peach.pudin and 19 others like this.
  4. brexic

brexic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ditto~

5. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally agree! I actually really like the MC. She's not a cunning person but she's super determined and brave and so far she's been able to save herself from her uncle's house.

It's actually refreshing to see someone a little different from your typical all-knowing and cunning isekai MC (I really enjoy them but a bit of mixing stuff up is good as well) who can still fight their own battles with what little agency they have.

I'm super excited to see how her future stepmom would influence her as she seems like a badass who wants to guide her.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    tori___ and Minaeli like this.
  6. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Re: The father
    if he takes vengeance against the brother, he's a good natured idiot.
    If he does nothing, he's garbage that didn't want to be bothered

Personally I'm leaning towards the whole garbage thing

donaiseiyuu, raiha88 and Hypothon like this.
  7. claudebear

claudebear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    uh you do realize she was only 16 when she killed herself and that’s AFTER she lived 8 years caged and groomed by her uncle? In her second life, she did tell people exactly what was happening, which no one believed her. She went against her uncle, which everyone just called her rude and unappreciative for. When her mom died, she BEGGED the priest not to sign the papers as a witness to her adoption (as a child, she doesn’t have a say in it and this is not modern day times, just fyi) She constantly tried to escape and go against the uncle while stuck in his mansion, which only got her punished.

She’s not Tia from Matriarch who was born into an influential and rational family; she’s going up against a man twice her age who has power and money whereas the villagers won’t even let her eat because she didn’t listen to who? The same person who is tormenting her.

Miya Mizu, tori___, Heaven J and 11 others like this.
  8. Banneyo

Banneyo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here. I hate it when i open a spoiler thread but there are a lot of pages and most of them are discussion or debate about the character:blobsweat:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    samster, Lucy_, Minaeli and 1 other person like this.
  9. Yuukiyuki

Yuukiyuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here. Please just give us the spoilers of the story then discuss that her father didn't even look for her mom.:facepalm::blobexpressionless:
    And please don't judge her father before knowing the truth of the matter. Let just wait for the story to progress then judge them about the matter.:blobpopcorn_cool:

[Edit]
    But hey! On page 1 the status of the novel is complete but manhwa is chapter 20 and ongoing. Does anyone read the novel?
    When I try to find this story I only find the spoilers. Does this even have a translated story in the novel?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    samster and Fostofina like this.
  10. Jo5ee

Jo5ee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And please tell me how was he supposed to know she was pregnant??

Not you saying the author is 4 when she or he could be your mother or father. And shouldn't u know by now this is how literally EVER author writes thier novels now adays

Assassin997 likes this.
  11. Joh483

Joh483 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading a lot of comments I kind of get confused:

• Like the dad though he was exchanging letters with leah right? But his brother messed this up. So what if the dad didn't know where they went? Afterall as u guys said he was in a suception battle and his brother is probably yandere after(and sick too). Maybe his brother just changed the letter postal code? like the way benjamin was so fixated on leah I don't think he would put her real city in the address.
    If not and if the dad and brother didn't do some thing like a blood pact it would be really idiot for him to belive in his brother so easily (specially because they come from a dukedom).

• Also im kinda of curious if leah had some sort of power in her and she was actually being so passive to protect her daughter somehow(even though I don't believe in this so much but I don't think that the time returning ability is something so trivial for mc).

• I also think its weird that the father let them be by themselves for 8 years(don't even going close to visit them to know their lives) butt I also don't know how much time is necessary for battling and dealing with the aftermath from the succession battle....after all event though it seems that is fine everywhere now in the duke state I don't believe it is totally fine.

• and finally if this story is something alike "the villainess turns the hourglasses" I think the shit is just beginning and we have a lot of things to discover yet.

Creolenerd and its0k like this.
  12. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never said he was supposed to know she’s pregnant, all I said is that his attitude contradicts the words about MC’s mother being a love of his life. Again, just imagine the period of 8 years. He’s sent her away to deal with his business and she was supposed to be waiting for him somewhere. He didn’t send any knight or maid with her, he hasn’t checked on her well-being personally, he relied on the most easily forged and intercepted method to contact her. It is a plot hole that’s being swept under the rug to show a happy healing fluff. But imagine MC’s mom, who has to run away to a far away land, leave her friends and family and start everything from scratch just because her man has issues inheriting his title.
    Imagine being fresh out of college office worker becoming a lover of a CEO and being sent to a rural farm because his company stocks might go down if it’s revealed he’s going out with an employee or mafia might use you to blackmail him. Wouldn’t she be safer if they break up for a while and pretend to not know each other? Because of his selfish attitude she had to run away for 8!!! years, forget about her life and just wait for him to invite her back. He’s not in coma, he’s not in prison, he just doesn’t have time to visit her personally because of some business. Is it really the attitude you have towards the love of your life?

13. Freija

Freija Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if this was set in reality? no. but this is a story that features time travel and mana stones, both things that are impossible, so basically anything can happen in this setting. why is it easier to accept that Louise traveled through time by suicide and seemingly impossible to accept that the duke had his hands tied and couldn't visit? keep in mind that this is a common trope in all sorts of fiction, where one half of the couple waits for years for the other, and it's usually viewed as a sign of faithfulness. the earliest example i can think of is the Odyssey, where Penelope waits for Ulysses for twenty years. also, why would he send a maid or knight with her, when he sent her to his brother who is a lord and can feasibly provide both?

anyways, for spoilers - this is second hand information because i cannot verify it myself, but apparently the duke was going to call off the contract marriage with the lady - it seems he really wanted to marry only Leah. however, when he hears the truth from Louise, and realizes that she has died without his brother telling him, he will agree to the contract marriage. keep in mind, this is all second hand information. i'm repeating what i understood from somewhere else, and i have no idea how true that is.

honestly i'm kind of curious with the stepmom - it's clear that she's unusual, so i wonder if she's a reincarnator in some form too, or if she's just very clever and perceptive. it seems she really likes Louise, so I wonder if she'll take Louise under her wing and guide her to becoming a lady like her.

i also wonder if they'll do a scene where Louise will tell her, her dad, or both of them about her time traveling and they'll believe her - it would contrast when she told Leah, who just dismissed it as a bad dream.

14. Trinitytiger

Trinitytiger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The black hair woman is an honorary knight and a business woman from what I recall from her intro in the manhwa. That's pretty dang special enough without her also being a reincarnator but that would be an interesting twist if she was one.

Based on the portrait in the second novel cover, it looks like Dame Einsley (The Knight) will become the stepmother to the MC. The MC wanted to be like the Knight when she grew up now MC gets to be the step-daughter and learn first hand from her.

15. tonedeafbard

tonedeafbard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To the MC's father he should have just visited Louise's mother to check her well being, don't trust letters too much bro, like have some trust issues, he should have just checked Louise's mother himself to find the letter true and he would have known he had a daughter all those years.

Hera a misigga and Creolenerd like this.
  16. 81ganzy

81ganzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the funniest shit I've read today LMAO. That is so true.

17. Kiriari

Kiriari Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just caught up to chapter 20 of webtoon, looks like the mom was a maid and so that's why she couldn't marry the Duke.
    I could believe the Duke had circumstances that prevents him from visiting... but eight years is such a long time for a woman in her prime years to wait. Even if hypothetically MC's mom had been getting the dad's letters and responding, he's just expecting her to wait for him forever without ever visiting or sending anyone to check on her... Such a dick move expecting the woman he "loves" to just wait for him with no end date and sending letters to not break it off and keep her waiting. That's my main issue with MC's dad.

18. Sherlockisk

Sherlockisk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys I know you are discussing the plot but I should like to know about the ml please ?

tori___ and Fostofina like this.
  19. darewin

darewin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh, what's so hard to understand? The Grand Duke and Leah had an agreement that the Grand Duke will focus on the succession battle and only find them once his position is stable enough to dare touch them. The fact alone that the Grand Duke, 8 years after separating from Leah, is forced to have a fake marriage with a Female Knight honored by the Queen, the said woman is probably the most respected woman outside of the royal family, proves that his position as Grand Duke is nowhere near stable. The succession battle has weakened the family greatly. So even though the internal enemies are already exterminated, the Grand Duke still has to deal with external enemies trying to take advantage of the Grand Duchy's weakened state. Visiting some far-off village will 100% arouse the suspicion of his enemies and make Leah a target.

And for those who still don't understand why the dad trusted his brother so much, the brother renounced his right to succession by getting himself adopted by a branch family to become the lord of village. So he is no threat to the other successor candidates whatsoever.

The dad and mom agreed to not meet until Grand Duke's position is stable because they both understand that if he visits her before it's all over and gets found out, she will become the biggest target of his enemies.

And yes, even after 8 years, the dad's position is still unstable, to the point that he was about to enter into a contract (fake) marriage just to keep his enemies at bay.

He has to assume there are enemy spies everywhere. So why would he risk exposing that he has a lover hidden in a far-off village by sending his people to check on her? His enemies must be quite powerful considering he was considering entering into a fake marriage contract just to buy himself some time to stabilize his position.

Am_elf, mozzybites, Sitron17 and 11 others like this.
  20. Elvirgo

Elvirgo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh, guys i feel like this spoiler thread is rlly messed up, since there is a lot of false spoilers or infos. Anyways here is what I understood from reading the 21 chapters of the manhwa available:

seems like Leah (mc’s mom) was a maid in the mansion before who had a lot of different knowledge that the local servants of the mansion (it was showed in the manhwa that the grand duke’s chef was Leah’s friend and Leah gave her some new recipes to cook like the quiche), it was also showed that Leah came to the north, precisely the town named Noir which is governed by the perverted pedo uncle, with a different accent and knowledgeable about medicinal herbs, also the villagers called her witch because when the sky was dark and full of clouds Leah would often say that it will rain soon, and it rained so the illiterate villagers called her a witch… i found it super strange that Leah still trusted so firmly Benjamin (the creepy uncle) after all his harassment and proposals, saying that Benjamin could never marry her daughter, mc, and not believing her when she told her about her first life as a dream, Leah would only laugh at her treating her like a paranoid child. Her death was also super strange like, she caught a cold and died even though she lived before in a waaay colder place (the grand duke’s mansion, it was showed in the manhwa that in literally every step mc toke they will be afraid she will fall sick and would place mana stones to make the weather hotter), so yeah I would have preferred another way for her death, I mean she knew things about medicine sooo…
    About the grand duke and dad, sigh, there was a succession ceremony eight years before the current events, and so apparently the dad was worried about his lover, Leah, so he send her to Noir the territory of his lil bro Benjamin. Apparently he trusted him more than anyone else (sigh). And after eight years of sending letters and receiving small replies, earning a super important title in the kingdom as someone super trusted by the queen, having a secure mansion (that black haired woman said to mc before that even if she showed her emblem they would kich her out at the gate), and having enough time to teach his vassal’s kids,
    having a marriage agreement with a woman who already had a son… BUT not going to meet with your lover again? I mean didn’t he just send Leah because of the ceremony? Now that he was powerful enough couldn’t he go get her back? Couldn’t he ever go to see her? All of this is kinda strange and have missed parts. Also the dad didn’t know that he had a daughter (mc).
    I personally don’t like the dad nor hate him, in my opinion he could have went see his Leah since he loved her sooo much *sigh again*.
    I also don’t like the mom very much, she was pushover who seemed intelligent but in fact she was careless and powerless and could only cry at night waiting for the grand duke to show up. She was just trusting the uncle too much even though she had several arguments with him and he would always ask her to marry him. I mean when you see your lover’s bro asking you to marry him and telling you he’s probably dead, will you still trust him a good brother for your lover? I also didn’t like how she didn’t believe in any word her daughter said about the uncle and even tho she saw her wounds she still said sorry to the mother of the child who hit her own daughter? Like stand up for your daughter! What are you doing?
    Leah seriously made me wonder if she truly came from a commoner family and was a maid.

Guys the blond haired twins, a boy and girl, are just the kids of a count who is the grand duke’s vassal, and are staying at the mansion as future knights. (Strange too like this manhwa world seem to have mana stones and everything but don’t they have an Academy or something?)

She’s called Dame something and was assigned by the queen as an honorary knight for her achievements, she seems to have a son in his 12 years old maybe? Seems like she wants to be the grand duchess and marry mc’s dad, she told mc to call her mom the next time she see her… she also know that grand duke “love” Leah, mc’s mom, since she told the grand duke that she came with a gift and said that it was his lost treasure… (sigh, WHAT LOST TREASURE?! He clearly knew where Leah was staying like it isn’t a lost treasure AT ALL), she also guessed that mc’s mom Leah died.
    I literally lost all my respect for this woman, she seemed so independent to me at first, and then she told mc to call her mom, knowing that mc probably lost her mom recently since she came wounded with a priest to search for her dad, like aren’t you a mother? Don’t you have compassion for a little kid? Also seems like she govern a whole estate but still want to be the grand duchess even though knowing that the current grand duke have a hidden lover (Leah).

I hope this will clear some misunderstandings about this manhwa, if anyone have spoilers about what’s ahead, like the ML? if that lady will become a stepmom (bc if she do i will stop reading this manhwa) ? What will become of the creepy uncle Benjamin? What will happen to mc like will she accustom to her life in the mansion? Will the grand duke officially declare her as his daughter to the aristocrats?