Spoiler The flower that was bloomed by a clood

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Cotten

Cotten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lyon and Dowun were actually in middle of a fight. It was 1vs1 and they were in a chamber where they supposed to live after their marriage (according to mtl). It was an endgame situation. As expected Lyon can't never beat Dowun's sword skill and Baek Han came in the middle to rescue Lyon as the palace was on fire. As Dowun stabbed Baek Han (he'll be fine tho) meanwhile Lyon took the chance to defeat Dowun. She pointed her sword on Dowun's neck saying she'll make an end of everything. Dowun's neck started a lil bleeding and his expressions didn't change at all but Lyon managed to change them saying Dowun once said to lyon to not get played by emotion. But after meeting baek han her way of thinking changed and she doesn't want to lose anyone but will solve everything by keeping her people alive even tho it could take a long time to fix. Dowun got surprised by her words.
    Lyon: I will prove in front of you that it was u who were wrong.
    Dowun: I was wrong. And you're gonna prove it? No. what u are talking about is idealism. The ending I've told you will come at your discretion.
    But.. I must admit that i cant defeat your will.
    Lyon: Of course..!
    Dowun: Then there's only one way left.
    ( then he stabs himself and lyon starts crying and says why is he doing that)
    Dowun: I told you not to show tears like that. Its me who found your seeds. Its me who sprouted you, budged you.
    If a flower blooms in any form... Then that's my victory.
    then suddenly the fire starts growing furiously and both of them were in danger. So Dowun pushed Lyon for safety. Lyon was crying and shouting Dowun's name as the building was breaking down and separated them. Baek Han took away Lyon, she kept crying out for Dowun and Dowun was trapped alone inside the burning building.
    Then he smiled and took out their ring and those thoughts came into his mind
    ( i wrote these based on mtl so its not 100% accurate)

Damn he smiled like this only when he was trapped alone..
    [​IMG]
    [\SPOILER]

Whatever happened, to me it was so not like Dowun.. And we didn't get to see his pov until now.
    I shipped him with Lyon so hard and always had expectations of turnings of the story. To me this is much shocking and depressing. I still cant get over this.. Idk i don't have anymore expectations. I wanted Lyon to be very happy and Dowun had so many influences on Lyon and ofc till the end She had always a space for him in her heart. I even donno if she'll be happy till the end. I'm still stuck on "if-only's" haahh...

NotMeeelissa, KeyJay, Rin_ei and 6 others like this.
  2. Fayfay

Fayfay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_teary::blob_teary::blobconfounded:

3. Tou

Tou New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always expected there to be a tragic end since they had referenced those puppets on more than one occasion, but this is too much. I dont even mind that Dowun died, for it was obvious they weren't gonna have their 'happily ever after'. I just wish it was done better than this.

The author completely shat on his character. He had so much potential, but she threw him aside completely. (to be fair, most of the characters are rather dry) This wasnt even a love triangle anymore because she stopped giving Dowun proper interactions with Lyon after a certain point. Nor could we see his pov until now. (it wasnt enough that all character development stopped, author stopped trying when it came to the romance as well) She focused way too much on Baek han x Lyon. So anticlimactic. Pity.

And did Lyon not get to see he still held onto their rings?! If at least she could come to realize his feelings for her did exist this entire time. My only hope was that itd be a much more touching goodbye.... But we werent even allowed that. Shippers for this pair got absolutely nothing.

KeyJay, tealvalley, Reack and 2 others like this.
  4. Cotten

Cotten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that they weren't supposed to get a happy ending. And the majority of the readers didn't expect a good ending. I knew all along that Dowun and Lyon could never end together. But still shipped em so hard even knowing baek can make her happier. But that'll be always the the truth that Dowun really bloomed the girl and make her stand where she is now. Ig we all have our own reasons to ship characters.. it's just even tho they had something for each other it got more bitter to the end. She or Him could never actually seen their heart and Dowun taking all his feelings or intentions packed inside him to the grave.

Dowun only stared at those rings when he was trapped inside alone. So yeah Lyon never realized how he actually felt.

The author prolly even dont care about Dowun that much, it seemed rushing to the end and focusing on other two characters. Why would you give this character so much potentials in the first place. I don't see a reason to Dowun have this kinda ending. That was so much unlike him. What have he achieved or solved by doing this i don't understand for now yet the future is unknown.
    I wish there was already a tragedy tag so that i never ever have read it. :blobsad: Now that i spend my times crying for a character and its hard to fall asleep..

Rin_ei, novel_manga-fan and marumara like this.
  5. genkidashite

genkidashite New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers!
    Is that it or will there be an epilogue chapter?

Dowun did win in the end. He will forever have a shakle in Lyon's heart for a lifetime... I really wanted Lyon to be genuinely happy (be it with Baek Han or Dowun) and free from past traumas... Damn, I really feel sad and empty with how things ended.

marumara likes this.
  6. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude would have rather killed himself then admit his true feelings

When the tsundere act goes too far

KeyJay, TikkiMania, mimic and 7 others like this.
  7. Cotten

Cotten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This ain't the end yet. There's still so many things left to be solved. Especially political stuffs.
    And I do agree with you.

8. Rika77

Rika77 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was the writer forced to end this suddenly? The top comments on naver(majority were from readers who had bought passes) for every chapter have, for the most part, been very negative. And the writer had even said in a blog back in march that even if the story was now in its final arc it was going to be a long while before it ends. And Dowun is both on the cover and the title. The story can't continue for long after he is gone. I know that there are many political plot points to resolve but the series hasn't ever been good at that. We were expecting so much from Lyon's sister's return but nothing happened, even the coup that made Lyon the empress ended in such a short time. Everything remotely political circles back to the 'love triangle' and now one end of the love triangle is gone.
    I expected a sad end, with all the puppet show/ fairytale foreshadowing, but it always seemed like Lyon would be the one to die. It is not necessary that every bit of foreshadowing comes true but there was absolutely no build up to Dowun's action. Now instead of feeling sad I just feel annoyed about all the wasted opportunities this story had

tealvalley, Reack and radical6 like this.
  9. pbhcx

pbhcx New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree... I honestly had so much hope for the plot of this story but with the recent spoilers, I'm not sure if I'm really looking forward to what's going to happen next.

With Dowun's sudden death, I'm really wondering what's going to happen next and how Dowun's family will react to the news. I'm not expecting much reaction from his brother, but maybe the news will shock his father and cause some kind of rebellion to form against Lyon?

10. genkidashite

genkidashite New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even for a BHxLyon fan like me...the epilogue (looks like it) thumbnail icon looks depressing. It feels like no one is allowed to experience heartfelt happiness in this manhwa... I was hoping to see Lyon smile innocently & wholeheartedly again in the end (like in those two scenes)..

11. Cotten

Cotten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the latest chapter was the last one. But there could be extra chapters as they didn't put the "Completed" tag yet. Well no one's sure yet.
    It was skipped after some days. So Lyon confessed her all feelings to BaekHan saying that she wanted to see him happy and seen him as her partner with whom she could be happy with. Then again apologized to him because after Dowun dying she can never let anyone take the seat next to her ( emperor's seat ig). She knows that Dowun never intended to kill her. Dowun knew all along that the rebellion will never come to an end untill one of them (Dowun or Lyon) died. So he sacrificed himself instead of Lyon and let her live. That's why Lyon wants to leave the seat next to her that she promised to be Dowun's. BaekHan said there's no need to apology because he always enjoyed being with her from what position he has given nor he ever wanted the seat next to Empress. He just wants to stay by her side.
    Then there was Wedding Ceremony of Dowun and Lyon (sorry i thought it was funeral, so edited this again). His coffin was brought before Lyon. Lyon walked toward him and put her hand on the coffin , she was wearing her engagement ring on her pinky finger. There wasn't much expression on her face but deep breath she inhaled thinking she must not waste her place that was led by both of em, She promises to create a country of idealism that she thinks. That will be her happiness.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    NotMeeelissa, KeyJay, Wapdyne and 6 others like this.
  12. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally stopped reading this series for a long while back to stack... came back and found out well, this is what happened. Thanks for the spoilers.

13. Cotten

Cotten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everything was rushed and forced to make an end to the series. This is so disappointing that there's even nothing left for me to react on this. Sigh.. the story had so many potentials... Let's see if author has anything left to show us.

Sorry i think i made a mistake
    After reading the comment section i got to know that it wasn't Dowun's funeral but their wedding ceremony. Hah lyon kept her promise and her contract with dowun by marrying him..

14. radical6

radical6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was the webtoon not doing well and she had to end it? I really thought it would go on longer.

Well anyway. Webtoon please pick up this series and translate it already bc wtf. But i feel this ending may push them to never translate it..

15. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Who ends up with whom?

16. genkidashite

genkidashite New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers!

I really felt disappointed (and shocked) with how things ended. Was Dowun's death even necessary if it's going to end like that anyway? I feel like in the end, Lyon was chained to the things she has already decided to let go. I really liked how she progressed from someone who desperately cling to Dowun's love/validation and forcibly took the throne...to someone who finally made the resolve to let go of her "false happiness" little by little and finding the light slowly. She can be happy and strong even without these things. I liked that concept of her being on a journey to back to loving herself and finding her self-worth without depending on Dowun.

The ending really felt half-baked. Even the pairing at the end seems wishy washy--like trying to please both ships. In the end, Lyon gave her heart to Baek Han, but post-humously married Dowun. Dowun won, but he also lost.

It's a pity, this story really had so much potential. I really wish the viewers gave it a chance and just allowed the story to unfold naturally without much judgment. I feel like the author had a deeper (but slow-developing) plot for the last arc. A VERY slow burn. This probably was supposed to have a different, BETTER ending with a more decisive pairing.

I don't know how to describe my feelings. I really DID look forward to each chapter release in the past 1.5 years...

TikkiMania, Rika77, Wapdyne and 3 others like this.
  17. yot

yot Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I did want Dowun to suffer and kinda expect a sad ending but this kind of ending is way too much. It's kinda f*** up my emotion about the manhwa too because the ending is just a new level of disappointment.

Viviii likes this.
  18. Fearless_Sten

Fearless_Sten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this story is kind of f*** up since the beginning and there are so many misunderstandings between Lyon and Dowun. I think both are at fault throughout the story but in the end Doun died so he gains more sympathy of course . Im just annoyed that many fan girls keep on bashing Lyon and say she is a wh*re for making Doun die

19. KindapitiedMielle

KindapitiedMielle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait so is it really the ending or are we just assuming that the Manhwa has ended? Because I still hope that Dowun hasn't actually died and that there's a plot twist :blob_teary: I can't say I'm happy with this ending even a bit because I'd become attached to Dowun's character and truly wished for a happy ending for him.

I actually did not care much for the mc because she was always hung up over the fact that Dowun wasn't emotionally indulged in their relationship even though he explained from the very beginning that he was going to promise her power and support and that he expected the same from her.

Why did she get annoyed at things that were already layed out there from the start?
    Also, be it a contractual relationship, but she did end up having an affair with Baek-won and constantly put Dowon at edge even though he was her official fiancé. And please don't give me the,

she didn't know that he loved her!”

Okay, and? That was still no excuse for cheating. She wasn't promised romantic love, she cheated on him and their contract and shitted on him while he kept his end of the bargain.

Despite all this, I would've still been okay with Dowon ending up with her and them working on their relationship but no, the author killed him off, even when there was so much he could do.

Anyway Dowon hope you're still alive if not rip baby :blobconfounded: you will be remembered in my list of characters done dirty.

20. Fearless_Sten

Fearless_Sten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But even Dowun said that he didnt care if Lyon love someone else ?