Spoiler Surviving Romance / 살아남은 로맨스이연

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by saribyu, Apr 18, 2021.

Tags:
  1. MightyDragoon453

MightyDragoon453 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, guys and mmmm.

Nah she's given up on trying to save Jeha. Her current goal is to find X. And also to that question on Yuri someone posted earlier...Possibly? Chaerin's possible love interest is a mystery. Nothing concreate sorry.

But if the current trajectory is saying anything it's this. (Theory territory)

considering the novel she was supposed to be in was "I'll love you every day". ( this might be a clue to her time loop). And her attempts to save Jeha no matter how many times she tried have been in vain. There are also hints that she doesn't love Jeha (and I think she never did truely), rather she was attached to him because she was so scared of the shadows around her, she was probably in denial because she was so lonely and thought he was the best option for her and Jeha seems rather bland especially as we learn more about Chaerin's classmates who seem so bright and quirky by comparison. This is probably going to be a series that focuses more so on friendships and the bonds between them.

X too is the question and possibly the answer as Chaerin's possible new lead.
    Whether it's platonic or romantic well depends.

But important to note, X is Chaerin's new hope and Chaerin wants X to be the new supporting lead. And I think she will be considering if my theories on who X are (my bet is on Han Chaeram), already had a few deep and meaningful moments with her. If X's is Chaerin new lead it's possible the title ascribes to X not Jeha of I'll love you everyday.
    But that's just a theory!

2. Defmania

Defmania Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, Han Chaeram’s hair matches the Unknown X’s a little. They both have two pieces of hair sticking out at the bottom. The jacket also matches and her ponytail could have easily been cut away.
    In Chapter 19, the accused shadowy person (who eventually tries to attack the protagonist) is the teacher in the video. In it, she’s saying I’m not bitten. From what I can understand, she got bitten, her class comments on it in a “Oh, are you okay?” way, then everyone hears the announcement and insist she leaves because she was bitten and the announcement said that bitten people will attack others, and she gets increasingly nervous and opens the door to let the zombies in after insisting that the bite was a different one.

The two are twins. In the original novel, the latter serves as a contact point of Chaerin’s meeting with Minwoo.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  3. MightyDragoon453

Reading List:
    Link
    Aye and Ham Chaeram jacket matches X's exactly (no other student in the class has matched X's outfit besides Chaeram). And Chaeram ponytail could've been obscured as you mentioned.
    Thanks for the additional information. I wasn't sure who the bitten person was and the comments were screaming about the teacher so it does make sense.

Yasmine bezzi and JimmyFalcon like this.
  4. Celeste010101

Celeste010101 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm I don't think there is going to be any romance between Chaerin and X because I just saw this post on reddit
    www:)reddit:)com/r/OtomeIsekai/comments/njtanp/about_surviving_romance/
    I can't post links yet so replace the emoji with dot :blobmelt:

OP apparently found a Korean wiki article which says that the author does not want the genre of this comic to be romance. I think it's focused more on friendships.

I created an account just for this lol

5. Defmania

Defmania Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm honestly really glad that the webtoon isn't planned to have romance since some have started shipping Han Minwoo and Eun Chaerin together.

The teacher knew that Chaerin didn't see them (the class and her), but it could have been in a more "you ignored us and now you're pretending to care" way. Also, in Episode 17, Song Rina is looking for something. She might be looking for someone or something.

6. MightyDragoon453

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, now I don't know who X is. Because it looks like Han Chaeram (14) is a red hearing

7. I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler

I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think X will be revealed in the end after everyone in the class has been revealed.

8. MightyDragoon453

Reading List:
    Link
    A lovely chapter this week compared to the mindfuck that was X's identity in Chapter 21-22 that is still up in the air.

I adore the moments between Jung Jiyeon (No 9) and Chaerin in this chapter, even just sharing some music together as Chaerin looks at the moon and the score that comes with chapter 23 "Yesterday". Especially since Chaerin finally survived one day beyond the loop.
    this really is going to be a series that focuses on friendships and I'm all for it! She's getting there.

Judging by the premium chapters and how they focus on Song Rina (4) from chapter 26 onwards I assume we are going to have an arc that focuses on her for a bit, and possibly a reveal soon from Song Rina.

9. Lieutenant Myst

Lieutenant Myst Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Binge read the entire English chapters and I don't know who X is?!?!?! My guess is that it may be the few remaining unrevealed classmates (not the two that left). I believe X is either Number 6, 10, 12, or 13 as we have not gotten face reveals for them yet.

10. MightyDragoon453

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Lieutenant Myst

Lieutenant Myst Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. MightyDragoon453

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp looks like the zombies are mutating

[​IMG]

13. MightyDragoon453

Reading List:
    Link
    WOW!!!!

[​IMG]

14. MightyDragoon453

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok this week we got the zombie mutant thingy tricking students and Hana Do seems to have a moment of regret, she was described in Counterattack (Chapter 18) as not a very nice person and honestly I find her a fascinating character

Oh and we FINALLY SEE Song Rina (4) and she is nothing what I expect if I'm being honest, but i'm not complaining.

Extra long spoiler (Cause saving this was a bit of a pain honestly, I hope this crops well)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Class Roster Currently

[​IMG]

Seriously kudos to the author and artist. I was aware of the author's work with Makeup Remover but I underestimated the amount of care and detail that went into these characters, making them zany and diverse but surprisingly realistic (for the most part) in proportions and size.

Lisaa, Moy, Starry_eyes12 and 10 others like this.
  15. FunSmiles

FunSmiles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow :aww:
    I was not expecting Rina Song to look so built. I'm so used to seeing the delinquent with no muscle that its refreshing :blobmelt:

16. MightyDragoon453

Reading List:
    Link
    that zombie mutant are going to cause problems in the future for the class.
    plus Minwoo might be in some trouble

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These mutant zombies seem to have really cute eyes and designs. Previous chapter mutant

[​IMG]

More of Song Rina

[​IMG]

Let us appreciate for a moment how she was drawn as a TANK and that all the girls in the class have distinct and wonderful character designs.

17. kabocha_crisp

kabocha_crisp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nightmare fuel mutant zombie, holy crap. Any more spoilers? Are we any closer to knowing who X is? How did MC get Song Rina to 'trust' her?

18. MightyDragoon453

Reading List:
    Link
    I read ahead in a few chapters on Webtoons again because I love wasting my coins on this series.

Spoilers here are a bit of a mess I'm not going to lie. shorter summaries because there is a wee bit to unpack here.

After the teacher was found out by the class, thanks to Hana using the class groupchat to communicate with the others in the class and beyond and discover the truth, teacher's mental state also increased the rate in which she was turning into a zombie and was put down by Chaeram. They chucked her out of a window once that was done. Chaerin finally made it past the day and the score I probably mentioned before, is honestly tear-jerking. As she learns to trust the others which she can see but things are still uneasy since Chaerin can only see people who trust her and there is still a bunch of people who don't.

【네이버 웹툰 ‘살아남은 로맨스(Surviving Romance)’ 23화 BGM】 MZ - 떠나지 않는 것들에 대하여(feat.안예슬)

We have more of the dream with Chaerin dreaming as X. X was with Chaeram in earlier loops. Turns out my initial assumption of Han Chaeram (14) was incorrect, Chaerin mentioned that her hands were cold, whilst X was warm. but she was closely associated with X, as X wore her clothes. Brief flashes of Shinbi's, Mihee and Hana's dead bodies.

Chaerin watches very carefully at the dream in Chapter 22 and try to understand what Chaeram said. It's confirmed it was actually Hana and Shinbi who shut the nurse's office.

X voice is muffled and indistinguishable from the others. She is also confirmed to be wearing tan trousers. Chaeram seems close to her and gives her her clothes. X phone also got wrecked so X most likely used Chaeram phone as well. her hair got bloody too. Chaeram cut her hair. X mentions how she wants to save others but the only ones left are herself and Chaeram. The shop was also Chaeram's idea. X is about to look in the mirror.

When all Chaerin sees is herself, with purple hair and eyes. Saying "Did you really think I'd show you everything? There's no way in hell that would happen."

It's possible Chaerin was sent to this world for a purpose.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Confirmed in Universe as NOT X

Hana, Mihee, Shinbi, Chaeram.

Mirror Chaerin

[​IMG]

19. FunSmiles

FunSmiles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow! The mystery deepens :blobpopcorn:

20. adrnne

adrnne Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to share some translation from manhwa, though it was using MTL. And sorry, English wasn’t my native language . So I’m not good in English.

Hope you enjoy.
    Chapter 30. I must protect You

Song Rina shouted

“My Popping Sugar”

Yes.

At first, Song Rina in the original story was too old... Even now, it was because I didn't like it, so I couldn't find it, so it was more of a bad side... I read it again and there was a mention.

Song Rina likes Ha Min-woo!!!

"So, where are you? My Popping Sugar. I need to hurry up and protect you!!”

Do Hana faced zombie who was like her friend, then she collapsed.

Girls in the class headed towards her and shouted.

“Do Hana!!”

“Hana, are you okay!?”

“Do Hana!!”

“Wake!! Hana!!”

“No, what the hell is there outside the door?”

“Kyaaaak!!”

“Yeom Jin-seon!! What if I shout out loud!!”

“Yeri, turn down your voice too!!”

"In front of the door, in front of the door ... nonsense."

"What's that out there? Why is there such a thing?"

"That's..."

"It wasn’t human..."

*Shake Shake* The zombie was speaking

‘help me’

‘save me’

‘open it’

‘help me’

‘save me’

‘help me’

‘Help me...’

"That hair... It must have looked different, didn't it?"

that... that head...

Isn't that Eun Chae Rin...?!

*smile*

‘<this>...’

‘<A familiar face> Is it?’

meanwhile, Do Hana's phone was ringing. it was Eun Chae Rin who was calling.

*splash*

'It took over an hour for us to get down to leisure... but it takes less than 10 minutes with Song Rina joining us...

"Lina, why are you so strong?" Yam Mi Hee asked

"I don't know. I was strong from the moment I was born. Anyone who resisted me was slaughtered without opening their mouth."

Wow

'Was the cause of the personality flaws due to innate strength?

“Chaerin, why?” Yam Mi Hee asked

“Uh? Nope.”

It's strange, Do Hana side... Why aren't you answering the phone? ...do you want a message?

"Lina,they come again!!" Yam Mi Hee shouted

"Hmm, it's festival time!"

'Song Rina is fortunate, but things seem to be going strangely. The number of zombies is much lower than yesterday

And

That strange monster... I wish it was the one that Song Rina got rid of... but what if it's in another place...?

Ha Min Woo asked his friend "Are the reconnaissance over? Any living children? You told me to go from 2nd grade to 3rd grade. Have you been there?"

"...? What. Why are you the only one here?"

"Where are you sick?"

*glitter..* peek :v

"How many stalls are left?"

"Just turn the corner!!"

*paak*

"Wait, Popping Sugar!! I'll see you soon!!" Song Rina Shouted