Spoiler I Have Decided to Go Look for My Father/我决定去找我亲爸

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by _mnemosyne-, Aug 10, 2021.

1. _mnemosyne-

_mnemosyne- Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Description:
    Lin Xi spent 14 years at this family and never did figure out why she had always been mistreated.

She finally learned that she was living in a cliché novel with radical moral standards.

Her mother was the female lead and her “father” was the male lead. Before the male lead fell in love with the female lead, he had belittled and was abusive to her in all sorts of ways. He even offered her up to others and, finally, the female lead had intimate relationship with a strange man.

The male lead fell head over heel in love with the female lead after that and expressed that he did not mind the child. Nevertheless, the existence of said child was a like a thorn in male and female leads’s hearts and it reminded them of their past constantly.

Unfortunately, Lin Xi was this child that should never had been born.

In the extra, Lin Xi tried to set up her sister out of envy but it backfired on herself and she ended up strangled. The male lead was able to locate the man who had intimacy with the female lead and ruined both his reputation and family fortune.

After 10 seconds of hesitation, Lin Xi decided to leave the family where she was not loved and go live with her own father.

[1] When they first met, Gu Shao looked at the dirty girl with a foolish smile with resentment in his eyes.
    Gu Shao: What’s your name?
    Lin Xi: Lin Xi. No, I mean Gu Xi. Gu as in Gu Shao. Xi as in milkshake.
    Gu Shao: … …

Lin Xi: Dad, if you will raise me till I am of age. I promise I will be around at your deathbed and buy you the best plot there are.
    Gu Shao: … …

[2] At the beginning…
    Gu Shao: Security, show her out.
    Later on…
    Gu Shao, before leaving the house: Where’s Xixi?
    Gu Shao, after returning home: Where’s Xixi?
    Gu Shao, during meals: Where’s Xixi?

[3] At the beginning…
    Others: Professor Gu, your daughter is so pretty.
    Gu Shao: She’s not my daughter.
    Later on…
    Others: Professor Gu, your daughter is so cute.
    Gu Shao: Yes, she got that from me.

Clarifications:
    1. Real father. Father is an elite in electronics and very mighty.
    2. Female lead is a valedictorian
    3. Female lead’s original name is Gu Xi. She became Gu Xi after her father recognized her. Xi as in treasured/beloved.
    4. There is a male lead, but romance line will not begin until after female lead is of age.

Novel Raws Link: https://www.shubaow.net/187_187335/ or http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=4987281

NovelUpdates Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-have-decided-to-go-look-for-my-father/

Spoilers please~:cookie:

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Uncopyright

Uncopyright Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am at chapter 74....
    -MC's maternal family is a trash. Super trash. MC's mom used MC to test the adopted father's feelings for her, the mom's plan when she discovered she was pregnant with MC is to abort MC but it was passed the period of abortion so she decided to use MC when the adopted father comes begging for the mom to accept him. The adopted father is a scumbag. A real piece of trash. He had his first love that was a look alike of MC's mom but they broke up, then he became a womanizer. When he saw MC's mom he make her the substitute. The worst thing is that he sort of let MC's mom slept around with someone.... One victim is MC's dad. They are both drugged and MC's dad was also a victim of a "family feud". Someone drugged MC's dad and planned to let him sleep with his new sister-in-law but MC's dad kind of have this intuition that something is wrong so he moved to another room. Then MC's mom happens to enter that room thus MC was born.

-Dark plans of MC's maternal family:
    When MC's dad planned to transfer her papers to his home, the maternal family disagree. You might be asking why when they just treat MC as a trash in their happy family of three? It was for two reasons:
    1. MC's mom have this lungs defect so they planned to let MC be the mom's organ donor. They also forged MC's organ donation form letting her be an organ donor without her consent.
    2. The scum adopted father knew MC's dad is from the powerful family- Gu family.

This scumbag have some illegal transactions so he will make MC the 'threatening chip' to hold the Gu's in the neck to made them follow what he wanted. In the dreams of MC, she remember that Gu declines after the scumbags family prospers... It turns out in that dream (I think this really happen as what the extra side stories tell) MC's personality got twisted because she was overdosed by medicines after she donate her organ to her b*tch mom. The Gu's are aware of MC's existence but they cannot do anything cause the maternal family holds MC in their hands. When the Gu continuous decline happens because they became shield for the Lin's and Xie's transactions.... The Lin's (the scumbag family) promised MC's dad they will give MC now to them. The sad and most vexing thing is that MC was placed in a dark alley being punched and kicked while she was already weakened.... The scumbag watching everything.... Then MC's dad appears cause it was agreed upon by the Lin's.... MC holds her dad's cheek and died in his arms. After that some police comes and MC's dad became the suspect of murdering MC. This was all arranged by that scumbag. See this is so frustrating :blobdevil::blobdevil::blobdevil::blobdevil:

-On MC's dad side, the villain that goes hand in hand with the Lin's is the adopted son that actually belongs to Xie. GU grandpa is a military man but his mentor(Xie) was so jealous of him so he planned to stain Gu grandpa's reputation by having illegitimate child but that child is really Xie's child. When Gu grandpa retires and focused on business the mentor didn't back down.... Thus, Xie and his child slowly collect "evidence" to defame the Gu's.... This explains the entanglement on MC's nightmares.

-There is ML but the romance only pick up near the end. The ML is Sheng (I forgot the name). He is also a school tyrant .... No he is a learning god in their school like MC :blobsweat:

-It has the same outline as 'My whole family is villain" but the villains' screentime in here is truly enraging. Fortunately, this time around MC happens to find her dad earlier on before tragic things happen again.

Eminakahs, Neyva, luliibunny and 15 others like this.
  4. _mnemosyne-

_mnemosyne- Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much for the spoilers!!

Daisy33 and Uncopyright like this.
  5. Uncopyright

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, so this is how the dark plans of Lin was resolved this time:
    -MC anonymously send evidences that happen in her dream to her dad. So her dad got a hold of clues about the illegal transactions of Xie and Lin.
    -MC's maternal grandpa is also another key. Her grandpa, Song Sichen witness Lin Yize (the scumbag adopted father) murdering two people. This scumbag threatened Song Sichen to take up the guilt of him. So LY forged some fake evidences that points to Song Sichen as the murder. Now, MC's dad gave choice to Song Sichen to choose to cooperate with him and shed some light on who really murdered those two people.

Fluff:
    Gu Xi, MC, was eavesdropping on her dad's office at the door. Gu Shao, MC's dad, isn't aware of her presence in the door, as such when he open the doors it directly hit GX. When they settle on GS' office, a subordinate called GS about Song Sichen (maternal grandpa) meeting MC's mom. They are talking about transplant of lungs from Sichen to Mc's mom. But there seems to be a problem cause Sichen's lungs isn't healthy.

GS asked MC if she wanted to help her mom.
    GX: No, I don't want to sacrifice my organ for her.
    GS: -relief-
    GX: am I bad for doing this?
    GS: no.
    GX: but Dad don't worry if you are in the same position or if you have an accident, I will do everything in my power to save you. *Burning eyes*
    GS: (in his mind) this kid. Last time she told me she will be responsible for his graveyard now she wished for him to have an accident. Did she secretly get her revenge cause I touch her hurting forehead :facepalm:

All of this while GS trying to touch her head. Not knowing he was touching where he hit her with the door. That is why MC was :blobupset:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  6. Uncopyright

Reading List:
    Link
    Keke, I stopped at 74 because I thought it will go stuffy from there. Fortunately, it was not. Lin Yize's crimes were exposed to the public from illegal business to the murder case. Now he was sentenced to death. :blobpitch:

Edit: Song Kexin's retribution (MC's mom)
    She isolated herself to a hospital so she didn't hear the news about Lin's collapse. Her mother-in-law came to her and ask for money that came from a project which the profit directly goes to her account. The mother-in-law knew that she withdraw those money and save them on another card. The mother-in-law wanted the money to escape to Country M due to the scandal of Lin. Without choice, SK give in. Then because she cannot find a match for her lung she considers an offer from a research center to be a volunteer in their project about transplant. The research center is actually owned by Gu.

When Gu Shao and Song Sichen agreed about the testimony for Lin Yize. SS begged GS to leave her daughter, SK, alive. GS agreed. At the side GS' secretary mocked that she will be alive but whether she will be comfortable being alive is yet to be known.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  7. Pakhi

Pakhi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love this novel... but when I read the chapter about Mc's previous life .. how tragic her and her dad's life was:blobsob:... that time I want to transmigrate in to novel and want to beat Mc's Mother & adoptive father :blob_thor:

8. Uncopyright

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot to say..... Even when I just freshly read this.... MTL isn't that cooperative and my brain isn't photographic or something so beware if I shared faulty spoilers :blobpeek:

LOL. The name of ML is Sheng Xiuyan. He is this cool kid in MC's new school who pretended to be man of few words but actually when he was a child he was a talkative kid. He first "met" MC in an online chat. His trumpet name is AAA. MC at this time is actually looking for competition to join in so that she can save money because she promised her newly found dad that she can be supported till 18 so she plans to save enough money before her 18th birthday. She was just joining a group chat to learn more about the competition but AAA liked her idea and she became a tag-along member of AAA and another online member named Lin. This Lin is actually her cousin but all three of them didn't know each other's identity till the competition.

Okay back to ML, Xiuyan. His parents were often not at home but on the military camp so there is this one time they came back for new year's celebration. Sheng's and Gu's were long-time friends so after the new year the cousins and Gu Granpa visited the Sheng's.

Sheng Mom: MC is so cute. I also want a daughter but if she will looks like you she will not be cute.

Sheng Dad: well, if there are advantages of having a daughter there is also disadvantages like premature love. Actually Gu Shao and I talk about it and Gu Shao said that he will break the doggie's legs if he takes her daughter away.

Sheng parents noticed Xiuyan and MC being awkward and not talking to each other. "Did our son bullied MC? Why are they not talking?"

They called Xiuyan to the study asking if he bullied MC or they hated each other. Xiuyan answered that they are fine. It was embarrassment, while thinking about him being talkative and sending embarrassing emoticon when he was AAA cause he thought MC was a guy and for MC's part MC thought that his account, AAA is already dead so she send messages to it, like it was her diary. So Xiuyan left his parents with red ears.

After awhile:

Sheng Dad: what are you doing?
    Sheng Mom: looking for insurance.
    Sheng Dad: huh? Insurance for what?
    Sheng Mom: nvm, you will not understand. While thinking in her head.... I guess your son will lose his limbs better be prepared.

:blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

9. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers! Can we get some more cute fluffy father-daughter moments?

Daisy33 likes this.
  10. Uncopyright

Reading List:
    Link
    Surprisingly, I cannot remember much fluff cause I was focused on the retaliation and face slaps that will happen to the annoying Lin family but here are some that I remember:

-For the first Parent-teacher Conference, Gu Xi anxiously cleaned her desk to the point her deskmate noticed it. The deskmate/good friend said that maybe she should do the same just in case her parents see her magazines and other not school related things. While on the side, GX thoroughly cleaned her desk like wiping it and all. It is quite heart wrenching cause in her perspective this will be the really first time a parent will come to her school activities so she wanted her dad to sit in her seat knowing she is very good. Of course daddy dearest didn't disappoint and arrive on time. Okay that is not fluff :p:sushi_sorry:

-Gu Shao actually punch and kicked GX's tormentor. By tormentor, I mean the uncle who took GX when her grandma and mom tricked her into going to her grandma's hometown. That uncle tried to molest her but GX happen to be prepared because of her dreams. Now that she was in her dad's care, GS investigated why she came from the province and there he knows that she was almost molested and rape so when he was arranging her paper so that she is formally acknowledged as Gu Xi not Lin Xi, he also visited that uncle and beat him.:blob_sunglasses:

-GX knew in her dreams that GS and the Gu's will be bankrupt in the near future so she really save money as much as she can from competitions and all. One time she asked GS for allowance since he is her dad. GS asked his siblings on how much money their sons received. Her sister-in-law said a certain amount but the sister in law realized it was for GX. GX is really treated as a princess in the Gu family cause she is the sole female well aside from Gu Er (I might be mistaken for her name, this one is the daughter of Gu Yaobai, the adopted son of the Gu who should be Xie Yaobai). The sister in law said that boys should treat poorly while girls should be spoiled so it should be higher amount. So Gu Shao prepared a card which is iirc is 10% of the whole asset of Gu Shao alone. The only condition of the card is that whenever GX buy something from that card, it will notify GS. As such GX is a little rich woman without her knowing.

-GX ask permission to go shopping from GS. She shopped some skirt which have similar pattern to a tie. The saleslady said that it was a family outfit... A skirt for the daughter, a tie for dad and a scarf for mom. GX bought the tie and skirt. GS received a notification about it. This outfit was worn on a school activity which they became the center of attention and envy cause they are good looking and nobody thought of wearing matching outfit.

-Another is during new year, GX gifted GS a box of clothing full of color red. I don't remember if it was just red socks or red socks with red underwear.... But since Gu Shao is the patriarch of the Gu family, he always dress in formal so his brother kind of surprised when he saw him during the next day wearing red socks. The funny thing is the brothers were envious of Gu Shao cause girls are cute unlike stinky boys :blobjoy:.

-another family outfit is during Suto (I think this is really a school activity you do with your parent, I encountered this term again and again when I read school life genre in Cnovels). Gu Xi, Gu Chenyi and Gu Yanxiao (they are cousins) wears sports wear with cats while Gu Shao, the appointed guardian, has the outfit labelled with 'Shit Shoveling Officer' aka Owner.

-Gu Shao supported MC very much. He will always attend her competitions either as a guest or a sponsor. He never disappoints GX. One time he will provide lightings effect when GX ask him if NTN research can help her with lighting for her piano performance. Another time Gu Shao discovered that GX secretly used his info to enter a competition (the competition wherein she collaborated with 'AAA' and 'Lin') because underage cannot participate, GS suggested to lower the requirements so GX herself can enter the competition and he will just be a guardian (cause GS and the NTN research center is the primary sponsor and investor of the competition). Another competition wherein they were suppressed by a greedy professor.... The professor said that their idea cannot be done (the idea is producing the same taste and scent even when you are just watching in the screen), Gu Shao and his research center directly slap the professor in his face when they produce the real thing. :blobpitch:. Plus Gu Shao also find the other suppressed students to impeached the said professor.

-Another time, during vacations, GX tails GS very much in the sense that GS' office will have another office table besides his table for GX. GX is really a fan of her dad so so much. :aww:

-for family fluff: her cousins (Gu Yanlin and Gu Yanxiao) and grandpa filled her room in grandpa's home with color pink. Gu Chenyi questions their family aesthetics, saying to himself that not all girls love pink. GC is actually right cause GX favors more of GC's gift than the others a little bit.

-Another funny fluff. Grandpa Gu loves his grandchildren so much and strict to their studies so when it comes to final exam he hires teacher for them. Xiuyan was also dragged to join the class cause Sheng grandpa loves to bother Gu grandpa. So the teacher:

Teacher: okay answer this test paper within one hour. (Inner mind: I need to assess on how bad these students are, so now I am giving them test samples that I personally made)

15mins later....

Sheng Xiuyan: teacher, I am done.
    Teacher: You should take this seriously, you cannot randomly guess answers.
    Sheng Xiuyan: I am really done.
    Gu Chenyi, Gu Yanxiao, Gu Xi: I am done!
    Teacher: :facepalm: (inner mind: now I get why their grandpa gets me as a tutor) okay let me see.

The next day, the teacher quits cause he realized his students are greater than him.

Gu Grandpa::confusedcatblob::confusedcatblob::confusedcatblob:
    :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

- Another fluff is when Gu Yanxiao, Gu Chenyi and Gu Xi goes back home sporting some injuries. Turns out the cousins are teaching GX skateboarding so the two cousins were scolded while Gu Shao is :facepalm: while thinking in his mind, how can he separate GX to her cousins.

11. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    so cute :aww: I can never have enough of father-daughter moments :blobsmilehappyeyes: ty very much

Daisy33 and Uncopyright like this.
  12. Tarniaesquetta

Tarniaesquetta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your comment bought me into MTLing TO read the CN AND IT'S SO WORTH IT, IT'S SUPER GOOD FLUFFY STORY. I love how she went from neglected to very pampered and loved because her mother and adoptive father are both huge pieces of shit.
    her mother Song Kexin wants to use her as a spare lung, she hates her because she thinks GuXi is a reminder of her disgrace and Lin YiZe wants to use her as a chess piece to threaten GuXinvs real father who is a genius and head of a really big and really rich family (leagues above LinYiZe. In Guxi's dream, she was neglected and then sent to mental hospital before she turned of legal age so they can keep her, then used as a spare lung eventually (they told her they sent her to hospital to cure her but she knows the truth) then drugged to incapability and drugged to make her strong for a little bit just to show father Gu that she's "healthy"
    but in this timeline she found her father and told him of her dream but he brishes it off to tell her that she shouldn't worry about adult stuff, until she just sent an anonymous email to her father.

father Gu had a dream that GuXi was dying in his arms after being incapacitated with drugs and battered by gangsters hired by LinYiZe and father Gu was framed for it and during the trial he was numb and cold and very angry. Then he woke up to the timeline GuXi dreamed about and fixed everything super fast and sent the villains on worse punishments than before, it was a one sided battle haha. He rescued GuXi before that and when he felt that he's about to crossover again, he wrote on a notebook that GuXi is his daughter and attached a picture and told the alternate him to love her

13. Uncopyright

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, the side stories are bittersweet especially the note Gu Shao left to that timeline's Gu Shao "This is your baby girl, take care of her." Something like that. Fortunately, I had the habit of reading the side stories before continuing the middle parts of the story so I was able to wash away those bittersweet taste of the ending. :blobsweat:

14. Tarniaesquetta

Tarniaesquetta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's one of those rare non - toxic (mostly) cn but still the template cold powerful CEO lead :blobsweat_2: but hey, it works here hahaha

15. tobacgem

tobacgem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens to the half sister?

Daisy33 and a_b like this.
  16. Uncopyright

Reading List:
    Link
    Last I read about her, if I remember correctly, is that she goes with her grandma outside the country so that they will not get involved with her father's crime. She leave her mom just like that.

17. Idioticgarlic

Idioticgarlic Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like that they didnt kill her of or anything like that. After all she was only 13

18. Daisy33

Daisy33 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the adopted third uncle's child a villain

19. Uncopyright

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes in the sense that she plot things out of jealousy towards Gu Xi. Ermm, I read this last year so this is a general uptake, I can't remember clearly but in the translated version update....

GX is also chosen to participate in the school flower competition... Remember when Gu Er photograph GX and her friend in the school wall while giving them ugly head gears. She will used that to school forum to degrade GX and prove that she is more capable and better as the school flower. Fortunately, GX's cousins find those ugly head gears and replicated them. They picture themselves and basically sells aegyo which instead rake more votes for GX. And well alls well that ends well cause GX wins that school flower competition with playing the piano with some cool lightings provided by Gu Shao's research center.

Again take it with a grain of salt, I might mixed up the timeline but that "cousin" is just a small fry villain. Sorry for the faulty spoiler :blobsweat:

20. SanityisOverrated

SanityisOverrated Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I saw someone comment on how the Lins were able to take down the Gu fam when they are so smart/powerful. I think it is mainly because they used Xixi to threaten the Gu. They are a good family and I ca. See them giving things up for her safety/ wellbeing. The other guess that I saw was that there might be a plot halo making the characters act a certain way/ lowering their IQ. This somewhat makes sense to me since OG Xixi didn't seem as super smart as she is in this timeline. It reminded me of the story After The Vicious Cannon Fodder Was Reborn. In this story the MC (OG villain reborn) realizes that there is something wrong with the people around the OG ML and that their IQs all drop proportional to their proximity to him. The Halo forces people to act rashly around him be it for good or bad. Even when our MC is aware of it he can't fully escape it especially when he is in a setting from the OG plot.

imreallyanarwhal likes this.