the virtuous omega disguised as the vicious colonel

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Snowflake1, Aug 10, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Snowflake1

Snowflake1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've just picked up this novel and have been really suffering because of all the little mistakes and mishaps that happen to the protagonist. I want to ask whether these accidents keep on happening throughout the novel, or if the protagonist is gonna become more competent. The synopsis makes it sound really interesting so I really want to read it, but if this keeps on, I won't be able to read the novel to the end.

2. Irisia

Irisia Moon bunny at your service

Reading List:
    Link
    What kind of mishaps are you talking about?

3. Melange

Melange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then yes, he does becomes a strong independent omega who don't need no man (even though he wants one)

As for the blob people, they do keep invading others and their race are the enemies

4. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno what chapter you are right now but he will become a little bit more competent in the future chapters. Though not in the super duper badass level. While he's not the one who trained the body he is in, his body still has some muscle memories of fighting abilities. Coupled that with his strong imagination as an actor, he can go toe to toe with his partner in crime. He's just a bit more squemish and dramatic coz he fall under the feminine type male omega.

Snowflake1 likes this.
  5. Snowflake1

Reading List:
    Link
    That's good to know, thanks. I'm at chapter 11 right now and I genuinely panicked when he played rock music during the mecha fight.
    But I'm hopeful hearing it gets better.

6. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    He becomes less idiotic in his actions the less that he has to act out the K persona. He only had those mishaps because he's not originally a military person and not used to fighting for real using the mecha.

7. Snowflake1

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm aware of that, but it was still painful. But I'm past that part now, and the rest is really interesting. So thank you for encouraging me to read this.

8. PiayaParty

PiayaParty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like this novel! It has a lot of mystery and upbeat humor. I enjoy the running gags between the MC and ML.

I also like how smart Lan Yu is. Lan Yu landed in a position he wasn't familiar with, but did well overall! I was very impressed by his observation skills and being able to deduct who could be a Longtan person. His decisions during quick-time events were cool too.

I like that Lu Rankong is very skilled too! But I particularly love that he messes up. He does not always win the conversation. The MC can see through him. He can be VERY embarrassing. It makes him very down to earth and humorous! I can see plenty of people loving a person like him in real life. He and MC mesh well.