A real memory? Or just a dream?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by hua for flower, Aug 11, 2021.

1. hua for flower

hua for flower Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have a memory that you're not sure have happened? I do. I have this one memory that has been stuck in my head since I was a kid, though not complete, but there are bits of it that I remember.

I was around 6 in that memory. Our family had guests on that day, I forgot if they were our relatives or my parents' friends, but I remember there being an uncle (or aunt, not sure) and his/her twin daughters whose names and faces I couldn't recall. The twins both have hair the length of their backs, and wore the same pink checkered summer dress, they were slightly older than me, and I remember my height being much shorter than them.

While the parents were having a talk in the living room, us kids played in the back garden. There were just us three (me and the twins). I remember them skipping on the stones leading to our fish pond, I even had that habit as a kid because I learned it from them (I just walked on them like normal before).

And so we played, until it was time for them to go home. I've never seen them again eversince, and have never heard neither of my parents mention them. My mom would sometimes talk to me about our relatives or my parents' friends whenever she heard news of them, so I find it kind of strange.

I don't remember much stuff from my childhood and strangely enough, this one keeps on popping up in my head from time to time. It felt real, but unreal at the same time. Mentioned it to a friend, she told me to ask my parents directly, but I worry if this all turns out to be a false memory, they'd think there's something wrong with my head LOL.

vieauty likes this.
  2. Reverend Insanity

Reverend Insanity Despapa69's Split Soul

Reading List:
    Link
    I have had those instances yes, however, I usually realise they were dreams thirty minutes or an hour after I wake up.

3. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say there's nothing wrong with that.
    Sure, that memory might be wrong, maybe influenced by TV or other people's stories, but that's just something that happens.
    If you want to know if there is some truth to it, you should just ask your parents

Baldingere likes this.
  4. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I do have memories like that yes, but I am not sure if they are dreams or some pictures from some show I probably watched as a child XD

5. Fp401

Fp401 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just ask them if its true they'll be surprised you even remember that. My first experience of sleep paralysis felt very real till I actually woke up.

6. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Try asking your parents about them.

7. Lepsy

Lepsy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just ask if they know any twins. Don’t need to specify why you are asking .

8. rasyidmystery

rasyidmystery Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for starter, try asking your parent wether they have relatives/friend that has twin daughter at around your age

9. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    If misremembering something means something is wrong with your head...

10. vieauty

vieauty professional sick in bed idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry about it! I also have some memories that Idk if it is real or not. Like the time when I was a child, maybe around 5 or 6, we were living in our province and I remember that we were going to Capitol (kinda like the capital district of a city/province) and the whole place looks like a garden with all those fairy lights and all. I remember there was a fountain. And I remember that we ate at KFC before going home. It was another late night rendezvous by my parents because they kinda do that... even the last time. They love taking late night walks or riding motors or stuff like that so I don't find it strange. But I sometimes wonder if maybe it was a dream... It is because in that memory, Capitol was so beautiful and it feels so ethereal. And that's why I wanted to ask about it yesterday to my mother when I was crying about my Papa but... I couldn't find the right timing to ask hehehe. But I saw recent pictures of Capitol and they look like what I saw in that memory minus the fairy lights (Christmas lights) so probably it isn't a dream.

That is why do not worry. It is really normal to have some childhood memories that feels like a dream or dreams that feels like a childhood memory. The brain is really a strange, complicated organ— especially if it was something from long ago. Some memories are buried deep in our subconscious, especially the childhood ones so it is kinda hard to find out if it is legitimate or if it is a product of countless imagines that we have as a child due to the things we watched or we thought about that could contribute to such a memory being made. But there are memories that are really unforgettable because it impacted us so greatly. Sometimes, those memories feels like a dream due to the emotions it brings. That is why there is nothing strange about what you experienced uwu. It just depends on one's deep or narrow mentality if how they'd react on that.

So, have courage and ask your mom or dad to clear the confusion in your heart uwu

11. Lil Iyana

Lil Iyana {Blink} {Army} {Once} {In love with cute animals}

Reading List:
    Link
    Tut sounds a little creepy to me...

I also had a memory and don't remember the details. It was like this...When I was around 7 or 8, My sister got blood coming out of her head...For short, he cracked his head while playing or somthing. That was the first time me seeing such scary thing. + Didn't knew wut to do, so cried. I was so frustrated that I hugged her, but didn't knew wut to do next. So, I just cried. She hugged me back, but didn't said a thing. I closed my eyes hugging her, thinking if it hurted, why the blood wasn't stopping, Where are our parents, and someting like that. After a while, I guess I fell asleep, and heard my mother calling my name...It felt just like as if she was very worried. I woke up, and Then my mother asked why I was crying in my sleep? Those words shocked + surprised me...Then I remembered that my sister passed away when I was 3. Lol, I wasn't sad that I remembered that my sister was dead, but was scared as I didn't even remembered her face, but I think I clearly saw her face in my dream...*goosebumps* Sometimes I think of telling my Mother about this, but didn't wanna imagine the look on her face...*Sniff* :blobcry::blobcry::blobcry:.....:blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  12. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a memory of thinking about landing on arrogant little boy after falling off the bus as a preschooler, but I think that might just be a "memory" created from what my Grandma told me about those days lol

13. seemanta

seemanta ţɦɛ ʏօʊռɢɛsţ ɮʀѧţ ɨռ ţɦɛ ɦօʊsɛ

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have that many false memories but my sister's 40% childhood memories are made up from listening to my parents talk about it. She sometimes mixes up our childhood stories with hers and even pictures it in her mind, later getting confused about which is the real one. We all gave her a nickname which means "One with corrupted memories". She has the habit of trying remember every little things so she habitually makes up false memories instead of forgotten ones. It's a pain in the ass cause she loves holding grudges. She always recalls all kinds of injustices done to her during fights and blames us. We thought they were true and we were the ones who didn't take it to heart and forgot. We only realized this problem a few years back suddenly when we actually remembered the incident she was talking about. We thought she was lying or exaggerating but she was dead set on believing them. She still doesn't believe us and always thinks we're shirking responsibility. As a result, we get confused whenever she says past stuffs that no one remembers.

14. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I have some memories that just pop up randomly and I think its legit the meme "gained sentience at 5 years old while inside of a mcdonalds play pin" and your just starting to remember shit from before that period.

Essentially, the meme is youre a child and one day you just gain sentience/knowledge that your a human/person.

The most recent memory I've had pop up is me in a day care watching space jam while eating pigs in a blanket.