Will you eat artificial meat or food

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Neiri, Aug 12, 2021.

?

eat or no eat

Poll closed Aug 19, 2021.
  1. yes

30 vote(s)
    69.8%
  2. no

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
  1. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The technology of artificially made meat is fast developing. Will you eat them once they became vastly available in the market?

imK likes this.
  2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    There are plenty available, the question is... how healthy are they to eat. Maybe with time, I don't mind if the taste is there. I mean everything tastes like chicken anyways. But again, so far, looking at their ingredients, one has to question. (and this is coming from someone who tries a bunch of replacement products)

Lissi, Ai chan and imK like this.
  3. Shaiole

Shaiole Mad scientist

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk. Never tried coz its more expensive than usual.
    Once they become cheaper and tastier and is really healthier i dont see why not

4. Deleted member 202210

Deleted member 202210 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes.
    Even if it's artificial, if it has the same chemical structure and (probably) texture and taste, I don't mind.

Kuroguma and nightcore34 like this.
  5. a14635

a14635 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So long as the taste (and "healthiness") is there, why not? :cookie:

Bright_Lucky_Star and Kuroguma like this.
  6. CardOne4All

CardOne4All Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as long as the taste is the same and it isn't unhealthy

7. Reverend Insanity

Reverend Insanity Despapa69's Split Soul

Reading List:
    Link
    If its not too expensive and doesn't make me feel like I'm going through chemo-therapy, then sure.

8. nightcore34

nightcore34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do they taste good? Then probably, yes. For stuff like this I'm not terribly picky, as long as it tastes good and doesn't kill me upon tasting then I'm okay with it. There is also the pricing to consider.

9. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends. I'm no vegan nor am I a vegetarian so I have no qualms with eating meat as long as it's available. So, it's all about the price and quality of the artificial stuff

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  10. Blank-1

Blank-1 Fantasy-holic

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m looking forward to it, especially if that means animals won’t be reared and killed as much.
    And in my unprofessional opinion, it sounds like it could reduce the costs of agriculture in terms of water and land for livestock feed and methane emmisions

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  11. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as the taste is great, why not?

12. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    These corn based meat and other false meat for vegetarian diets? Why not. It's better for the ecology and tastes like meat, seems good to me.

13. evanesco99211

evanesco99211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Between dying and eating anything but alive, then I'll definitely eat whatever. But if it's between eating artificial meat/food and original meat/real food, then I definitely wouldn't opt for the former unless there is a significant reason to do so. I've always wanted to live somewhere like a homestead and ALONE. In the long run, I don't think artificial anything would be sustainable for that kind of life.

14. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I would rather get an injection or take a pill and not need to eat anymore. I love food and cooking but I'd get so much more done if I didn't have to worry about it.

15. vieauty

vieauty professional sick in bed idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes because it depends on what kind of meat, if it is healthy, and if it is something that i would love to eat. As a glutton, i can eat eat anything as long as it is yummy uwuuuuuu

16. Sgt Clonehunter

Sgt Clonehunter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Already have... hard to explain... but it lacks a certain... something something... but it might get better after a few more decades...

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  17. naghi32

naghi32 The Loner

Reading List:
    Link
    Regardless of the current evolution, natural food won`t be available for long, in the next 20-30 years maybe it will be unimaginable to eat natural food, since we, humans, are good are destroying our own habitat.

imK likes this.
  18. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Like it or not is better to try and like it, because in the future that is probably the only cheap source of meat. Maybe we can get meat from real animals but must pay with exorbitant price, something like equal to 1 or 2 of your annual income

imK and naghi32 like this.
  19. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    You can diagnose an animal before butchering it to know if it's okay to eat. I don't think that's possible with artificial meat. Also since it was made in a lab, there is always the possibility of someone messing with it. You can't exactly mess with natural meat too easily/covertly, the animal would show signs of it while alive. Lab grown meat is essentially dead from the start, so plenty of opportunities to mess the formula.

20. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    No. Ai-chan is greatly exasperated by all these artificial foods. We have food. We have real food. Instead of spending money to research fake meat, spend money to research how to reduce the environment impact or to increase production of real food.

A lot of our modern illnesses were caused by artificial sustenance. Refined sugar, petroleum-based sweeteners, artificial flavouring, artificial colouring, genetically modified maize, synthetic cooking oil, synthetic vitamins. All these are the cause of a lot of modern illnesses such as cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure and the like. We have evolved to think that consuming fake things is normal, but it's not.

Eat real, natural food. If you want to eat vegetarian food, then eat tofu and vegetables, don't eat tofu injected with artificial flavours so that you can imagine yourself eating sin-free meat. But that thing that makes the tofu taste like beef is chemicals. You're willingly eating chemicals. There's nothing natural about these flavours, you're eating synthetic chemicals.

And people in the west wonder why Japanese people have the highest life expectancy.

Ddraig, imK, Snowbun and 4 others like this.