Discussion Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by PoopyDoopy, Aug 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. PoopyDoopy

PoopyDoopy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Amazon Prime and all major anime websites released the movie a few hours ago.

The animation was top-tier. I didn't expect any less of a movie that took nine years to complete. From the impressive background imagery to the life and realism the characters exuded. It was all breathtaking. What left me a bit taken back was how I found the dialogue slightly cringy, but I guess that it's a good thing.
    Ayanami's death was pretty damn nicely executed too.
    10/10. I liked many aspects of the movies just like I equally disliked other parts. However, I can say without a shred of a doubt, that this last movie marked the end of an era.

Goodbye, Evangelion.

upload_2021-8-13_1-0-26.png

Mod edit: added spoiler

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2021
  2. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol If it makes money, franchises never die, they just get dragged on until they make a loss.

3. b1w2c3

b1w2c3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    F******-YOU SPOIL THE CHARACTER'S DEATH! I mean i knew it happened, but i forgot since it been so long. i would have liked to watch without knowing it occurred

Bright_Lucky_Star and PoopyDoopy like this.
  4. natsume142

natsume142 だが、断る

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhhh it have been such a long time! I cant wait to get the physical copy

PoopyDoopy likes this.
  5. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Take a look at my avi :cookie:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    PoopyDoopy likes this.
  6. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember watching it a long long time ago it was a master piece the anime and the movies. it sucked that the ending made no sense. I think most of the world was mind fucked by the ending of the anime.

Nightow1 and PoopyDoopy like this.
  7. PoopyDoopy

PoopyDoopy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reject escapism and face reality even though it can and will suck ass. -Hideaki Anno, the author.

I think that it was a fitting end for the original story. Because it's true. Despite finally doing everything right, you still might not get what you wanted. And that's fine.

Mr Inanda likes this.
  8. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC it was less "face reality" and more "where the hell did that damn spear come from and why the deus ex machina?". It was some sort of symbolism I get that and the implications that Jesus was an alien but it was from so far out of left field that if you did not want to incorporate symbology into it, he might as well have pulled out an anti-"all not earthling" gun that was not even foreshadowed.

9. Mr Inanda

Mr Inanda Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched it yesterday, and for me, it was a great ending, definitely felt closure about Evangelion with this movie. Don't want to get into spoiler territory here, but I didn't expect they would pull a introspective/instrumentality ending with that character

And it ends in such a uplifting, happy way, it's like an anti-EoE finale.

The plot points and deus-ex-machina were much better than in the last movie, for me. The whole plot of 3.33 was kinda stupid, like sh*t happening because the characters couldn't take 10 minutes to talk. I had very low expectations to the final movie, but it redeemed all of the previows rebuild's flaws to me.

PoopyDoopy likes this.
  10. b1w2c3

b1w2c3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally watched it by borrowing a friends account and had to post somewhere. Yea the symbolism about god and whatnot was out of nowhere and blew right pass me. The ending with who he ended up with left me confused as in was he dating her was it that only he and her knew the result and were close friends due to that. The sister closeness was also strange since i dont think they intereacted much before especially near the end with the 'threatening'. Had to check the online community to see if there was any answers and couldn't find any. I think i left it vague enough without spoiling.