Discussion did any of you told a family member that you like 'boys love'? ( I did. )

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by efo, Aug 13, 2021.

1. efo

efo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I told my mother, since she is the person who I could open up more freely and her reaction was... she thought it was a temporary thing, since I'm still young ( 19 years old. ) and still trying to figure out what is what. she thought it will go away once I lost interest, just like she thought liking anime is temporary but I am watching anime for... 3 years now?

I know that nothing is permanent but these kinds of things are hard to forget about it, right?

oh well, I think, my hobby might as well remain a secret because I'm pretty sure that she already forget it.

I told her because if she happens to bump into me watching yaoi anime, she'd freak out.

I really can't be alone all day because I have some... health problems? and my mother always have to come and check up on me to see if I am okay aaaand unfortunately, because of this, coming into my room without warning me become a habit of her, even while she's doing her house chores, she comes into my room out of nowhere!
    well, I really can't blame her, since she's aware that it's bothering me and keeps apologizing. ( I'm really lucky to have her as a mother.:blobangel: )

2. Reverend Insanity

Reverend Insanity Despapa69's Split Soul

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like BL. If I did tell my mom, she'd probably won't believe it exists and forbid me from reading it. Probably wouldn't understand why people would read or watch it, which is understandable.

3. Yakinori

Yakinori Human

Reading List:
    Link
    My younger sister caught me reading a BL manhua. I just implicitly told her I read and watch this kind of stuffs. She told my mother but my mother looks like she didn't care.

4. TianKrea

TianKrea 『Novice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I also don't like BL but I don't see anything wrong with telling your family members about BL or your other ughh... hobbies? I also think it is temporary, I mean I watched anime for 3 years until I was 17 years old however I stopped after a while. Even if it's not temporary there is nothing wrong with that.

Also as a fellow Turk, if I told my mom that I am reading BL (even if I was a girl) she would freak out 100% . The important thing is whether you can guess how will your family member will react before you tell them :D

efo likes this.
  5. cboy123

cboy123 A Very Dirty Old Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like BL... but if I am.. I don't want to spread the infection.

efo likes this.
  6. vieauty

vieauty professional sick in bed idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    All of my siblings and my cousins know that I am obsessed with BL. They actually didn't find it weird and started to chat with me about things related to the LGBT community. Then, it turns out my girl cousin is a lesbi. uwu i support them ~~~

efo likes this.
  7. Aniv2008

Aniv2008 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read lots of BL... I like any good story, regardless of BL or not. I think i read more BL here cos all the dramas on tv are BG and I grew up reading all sorts of trashy BG romance books. My family knows I read all sort of stuff, they don't care.

efo likes this.
  8. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    My dad half-knows, but I keep it a secret from my parents in general. But I talk about it with my sis!! She loves BL too~~

efo likes this.
  9. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    No. If Ai-chan tells any of Ai-chan's parents or siblings that Ai-chan likes gayboy fiction, they will tell Ai-chan to sit down on the floor and pull out verses from the holy book. It's not that they're absolutely in the 'hate' region, but the religion doesn't allow it, so there's nothing you can do about it. It's best to keep quiet about these things if you're Asian living in Asia. Asian parents are not the most understanding people around. As long as they don't know, nobody gets offended and there will be no conflict.

That being said, Ai-chan's mother probably know that Ai-chan has a lesbian relationship with Ai-chan's sister-wife Waiwai who became Ai-chan's husband's second wife. After all, we've been living together in Waiwai's uncle's apartment for years in the same bed and the same bedroom. And when mama met husband's future third wife, Ai-chan's past student, mama pulled Ai-chan to the kitchen, then said, "Don't go overboard."

It's like mama was accusing Ai-chan for offering husband another wife. But Ai-chan did no such thing. The pretty little thing seduced Ai-chan because she had a crush on Ai-chan for 10 years, since she was 8 or 9. That's pretty awesome dedication considering that we didn't meet at all for that 10 years and considering that Ai-chan only taught her English, Math and French back then.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    efo likes this.
  10. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm? That’s none of their business, I don’t really tell them much about me. And if they do stumble upon me watching r18, that is their business to take care of

Ai-chan that student of yours sure have lots of dedication jesus:eek:

efo likes this.
  11. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    Fuck no. I would never tell my family I like BL except for my sister . My sister also likes BL but I’m still too shy to tell her I like BL. If I told my parents they’d bonk me with a holy book and tell me to pray to the gods for forgiveness. I’d cry if they found my BL stash. Ive only ever told two people irl that I like bl. I think my sister might’ve found out already about my love for BL tho.

efo likes this.
  12. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    My family doesn’t speak English only I can so I don’t really talk with any of them I speak their main language fine but I can’t really articulate myself properly in it and feel like no one understands me so I basically never talk to any family members unless I have to I once spent 6 months not talking to anyone at home during Covid

efo likes this.
  13. deadlyexistence23

deadlyexistence23 ❝ And maybe, for a while that was true ❞

Reading List:
    Link
    I did, one of my brother is a weeb, (the one who introduced me to anime) and I just went like I"like BL, boys love" then the next day he gave me a link of a movie of an upcoming boys love saying "look, it's the thing you like" like he was proud of recommending it to me, and i-,
    Wouldn't lie that, that thing is cute. XD

OnlyHaru and efo like this.
  14. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not me, but...well...this is...awkward (to say the least)...got a female cousin of mine who confess/confide to me that she's a fujoushi & thought that I'm a gay (^^i)

OnlyHaru and efo like this.
  15. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually said it recently to my brothers in this weird heart to heart talk we had lolol :blobrofl: And their reaction was, "Huh, I thought you know that we knew already. :blobunamused:"

:blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood:

efo and meliori like this.
  16. asampe_tae

asampe_tae Los Blancos

Reading List:
    Link
    Late to the discussion!

Hell no! I can't even imagine telling my mama. She'd talk so much and won't understand. She may also think I'm gay. There are some things I don't discuss with her and I'm not about to start now. None of my family can be told. Even kpop causes drama and nagging.

17. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo [The Luckiest Sunfish]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow you have balls of steel. I admire how courageous you are, if I ever told my family I’d be bullied within an inch of my life

18. Today Also I Chug Vinegar

Today Also I Chug Vinegar Why did you give sugar to that kid but not to me?

Reading List:
    Link
    A cousin sister introduced me to BL . So she naturally knows. If mom knew she'd think I'm gay. And if my siblings knew, they would either laugh at me, beat me up, or both. Dad wouldn't mind too much but he would probably feel a bit difficult.
    I Have told an older brother though. But only in passing because i was complaining about something else, he didn't have much of a reaction. Only looked at me judgingly.