What's wrong with being homophobic?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Uselessdead23, Aug 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Llamadragon

Llamadragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Latin prefix 'cis-' means 'on this side'.
    The prefix 'trans-' means 'on the other side'.

So, a cis-gender person is someone on the same 'side' as their sex, aka, someone who is not on the trans- or queer spectrum.

asriu likes this.
  2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Frankly, agree to this. Yes, we are anonymous so what does it even mean if your username gets a negative tag? But you never know what the consequences might be. Sure, the opposite scenario of a LGBT individual being harshly affected by the statement is also a possibility. But this entire conversation is political by nature, and against NUF rules. As such, the very basis of this debate is very shady to say the least.

Don't call out someone publicly without knowing for sure you are right, because people are ready to jump on a bandwagon without authenticating anything.

otaku31 and MasterCuddler like this.
  3. NoLongerTheSame

NoLongerTheSame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm straight, and I don't think I myself am homophobic. I have friends, and acquaintances who are part of the LGBTQ community. Heck, I even remember them talk about their conquests with their partners in a very detailed way. If I have to really word it out, I'd say it's more of a "discomfort" towards something I feel is not "my normal". My discomfort mainly comes from my personal encounters and the media. Although,
    I judge people based on how they act rather than what they are, it's hard to avoid the biases that come with my experiences and the sort of to-date media I'm exposed to.

Homophobia I'd say arises from the stigma associated with it that came from mostly ill-advised ideas or misinformation often coming from straight people and even the LGBTQ themselves.

4. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    What? There’s nothing wrong with being either as long as people leave each other alone and live respectfully without rubbing it in each other’s face 24/7. If they want to have a discussion about it, they are free to do so respectfully.

You could have made a pm with those people and talk about it. If this was real life, you can be sued with defamation

Astaroth and otaku31 like this.
  5. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    I am personally not homophobic, I believe f*cking should be a personal choice, and so long as they respect my personal space and don't get touchy feely with me, I am fine with the L G B and even Q(they are just confused folks).

As a matter of fact, the line "what is wrong with being homophobic" is something I feel is not problematic. There is nothing wrong, so long as you do not act based upon said phobia. There are many kinds of phobia. All are considered medical conditions, and no one has a problem with that. If people have the right to love anyone they want, others should have the right to hate or be afraid of anyone they want. Just don't start shooting and stabbing people, and all is well.

Now, when it comes to T, well, I am not transphobic, but I do believe in some controversial ideas about them, due to my own belief in logical reasoning. For One I think they need psychological counselling first, instead of a quick easy surgery and various hormone injections. Also trans people should compete with their own biological equivalents in sports, not their chosen one. Finally, anyone below the age of 21(to be safe) should not be allowed to undergo sex change surgery. Such a decision should only come after you are old enough to get drunk, drive, get a job, marry and own a house, since there is almost no turning back. Even then, I don't have a problem if someone believes they are a woman in a man's body or vice versa. It's their right and freedom to believe what they believe. Just as it is my right and freedom to not play along with their beliefs and possibly delusions.

Uselessdead23, otaku31 and MangoGuy like this.
  6. Uselessdead23

Uselessdead23 〘Dead but alive at heart〙

Reading List:
    Link
    I am her, @UsefulAlive24

7. Tachi Works

Tachi Works Not a very well known member

Reading List:
    Link
    … you know homophobic doesn’t mean irrational fear of gays. It just means you don’t support LGBT lifestyle.

I don’t support LGBT for religious reasons.

Not supporting = doing literally nothing.

I could be sitting at home eating chips while not supporting LGBT, does this mean I’m committing a crime?? Am I actively harming someone while sitting at home and eating snacks?

(I don’t think I am but according to the type of people the post was about, I deserve to be harmed, out of a job, silenced and jailed\killed or brainwashed till I shout in the streets that I support LGBT)

So yes, I’m homophobic by the dictionary definition and I don’t see what’s wrong with it.

Astaroth, otaku31 and javaniy like this.
  8. Uselessdead23

Reading List:
    Link
    ....wait, why didn't I think of that.... Oh goddddddddddd I think I just did something mean, CHICKENNNNNNNNNNNN

9. MasterCuddler

Reading List:
    Link
    Owner~ grow up well *pat pat* I understand LGBTQ+ is a sensitive topic, and there are many controversial debates from both sides. But an opinion is an opinion, people are free to do that

10. Uselessdead23

Reading List:
    Link
    Answer:
    I think y'all kinda miss the point of what I said, I am not saying that y'all are homophobic for being uncomfortable, or not supporting LGBTQ people, like I have said, even if you dislike it, then that's fine, I understand that, as long as you're not harming anyone with that then it's all cool.

11. gheist1234

gheist1234 |Path Finder| 『WuxiaWworld Vet.』|Beardy| |Zen|

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing really wrong with both sides, opinions are like that you have yours the others can have others, its when people start bothering each other thats bad, people should just not care about what others think or say and go on with their lives.

12. zarex97

zarex97 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

This...this right here. Each person is entitled to their own opinions (and sexual identities), specially if they are not aimed at hurting other people. But I somehow feel this statement resonating with me, why?

Because "Progress People" are a pain in the ass, you can't have an opinion about someone or something that is even remotedly related to LGBT+ (or other subjects) because suddenly, no matter how polite or right you were you should be ready to be stoned to death, because you are now a motherfuckingly evil nazi baby-eating rapist monster, or something along those lines... (It almost seems like a recreation of the censorship imposed by the church in the middle ages)

LGBT+ people are that, people, same as others, nor less nor more special than the rest. But sometimes it seems (as if to counter the years of oppresion) LGBT+ think they reinvented the wheel, and behave as if they were mankind's greatest invention since electricity. E.G: I have seen ton of gay men behaving as they were they improved version of women, looking down on them as they were the great thing, they are not...that is what respecting sexual "alignment" means, right? We are all great, no?

But this is bound to happen, every group (enhanced by the size of said population) is bound to have defects, I just find it sad and pathetic that this simple fact seems to escape the perception of many LGBT+ defenders.

Nonetheless, the real problem is not LGBT+ people or defenders, is willingly stupid people, or in other words...the fanatics...you can't discuss with people that see offensive subtext in every little thing, always believe they are right and are unwilling to even to listen to arguments of the other party. That people are literally surrending their capacity of understanding and dialoguing not unlike a raging baby throwing a tanturm, blocking his ears to any meaningful conversation or argument.

Fanatics made the Dark Ages what they were, Fanatics put wholly inadequate people on seats of power, and Fanatics disable one of our greatest strenghts, the capacity to understand each other and try to avoid previous mistakes.

P.S: I think whatever/whoever you want to fuck, whatever deity you believe in, or whichever place you come from, is your problem only (if you don't hurt other people), and if most people could accept this fact, the world could be a tad better.

deadlyexistence23 and Epythymy like this.
  13. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Look, I believe that each person have the right to live and have their freedom as long as no other person is harmed in the process, but where does problem rise? it rises from the possibility of a creator that doesn't allow such things to happen, or rather doesn't like it because it goes against his order of how things are made, lgbtq+ idea is based on the idea that each person can chose what they want even their gender if they don't like the gender given/assigned to them at birth, issue with that is we don't have a proof that we as people do have that right to choose, people fear the unknown, and historically speaking, people were less about freedom and logic and more about religion and what god wants, now, if we are talking about natural, we don't choose what we are but rather born into the form or the appearence that we have, so yeah whether a homophobic is bad or not depends entirely on your background and beliefs, it can also be seen as a form of freedom of thought and expression, it being wrong or not depends entirely on the person in question, you can't force people to chose their belief XD

14. MasterCuddler

Reading List:
    Link
    *pat pat* it’s the wording owner~ Wording changes everything. :bloblove:

Uselessdead23 likes this.
  15. CodeTime

CodeTime [Void Emperor of Time]

Reading List:
    Link
    Waiting for a mod to lock this thread, lol

I want to say that I agree with some other posters that disagreements should stay in the original forum or in private dm's. If you are trying to change someone's opinion, making it a more public discussion is the second worst option out there, right behind getting into insults.

Uselessdead23 and MasterCuddler like this.
  16. Uselessdead23

Reading List:
    Link
    It is completely valid to not support LGBTQ people, people don't have the time for that, just minding your own bussiness and doing your own things, I understand that, even if you are uncomfortable with them, as long as you're not doing something harmful towards them, then there is nothing wrong, I stated above is the extreme case but kinda normal things of 'Homophobia'

I also agree, it seems like sleepiness got me and didn't think rationaly, this is a mistake in my case, and I'm currently debating whether to delete this thread as to not harm anyone involved.

Mr Inanda likes this.
  17. Mr Inanda

Mr Inanda Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not necessarily. If, for instance, you vote for policies and congress people based on your religious, self-proclaimed homophobic beliefs, you will contribute to the lessening of lgbt people's rights. Being homophobic but neutral is impossible, since you will be one of the people contributing to legal persecution of gay and trans human rights through voting. One doesn't need to club the gay kid's head with a baseball bat to be homophobic.

18. Uselessdead23

Reading List:
    Link
    Too lazy to type it with every single detail, X.X

MasterCuddler likes this.
  19. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    19637.png
    this is something this cat agree upon it, from biology pov it really not fair on sport~ on the topic where some people who argue those that against trans athlete is homophobic imo kinda baffling~ of course there also those who against trans cuz they think it weirdo~

deepon and MasterCuddler like this.
  20. MasterCuddler

Reading List:
    Link
    *pat pat* well then be careful in the future else one day everything will blow up in your face

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.