Discussion Would u argue in public with your significant other or any other person important to you?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wizard007, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Wizard007

Wizard007 Arlo

Reading List:
    Link
    I ask this as I had to take my cousins to the park the other day and while I was watching them on the slide I happened to hear the couple next to me arguing. Personally, I dont think they were very quiet so anyone with a meter or 2 would have been able to hear them. Don't know about others but I would definetly not argue with someone like that while out in public or in an area with lots of people, I would rather do it at home so I could just go crazy. Anyway wondering what you would do?

Although, I wasn't able to get everything let alone remember it all, thought that I should give the curious people out there a idea of the argument
    Basically the lady starts complaining about how she does not like hanging out with people she doesn't like and whatnot. Assumed talking about some other couple that they had come to the park with. She also complained about the lady's personality calling it snobbish. The man did not seem that fussed about it which I found a bit sus until this part. She talks about an invitation to some gathering and how she felt that she ahd to go so she agreed and went but when he found out he was like why would you do that to yourself saying that he was going to cancel on them.
    Bit all over the place but yeah
    Bye

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would try to refrain from having a loud, extended argument in public with even strangers, let alone air my dirty laundry. :blobneutral:

3. borer

borer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If i'm really angry about something i won't care about the place. Public or not.

4. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't do anything. You wouldn't see me in such a relationship void of proper communication in the first place.

Wizard007 likes this.
  5. Shin Ah

Shin Ah Dope'n

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

So no..

ongoingwhy, reagents 11 and Wizard007 like this.
  6. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, should try to avoid arguing in public as much as possible. It's a really bad look.

7. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    No anything important is done indoors and should not be anyone else's business. If my wife did something like that I'd lose respect and if it was my GF I'd break up with her because that is not the end of this and it also means she has no respect for herself or you.

8. Viator

Viator [Cult of Pyoo: Pyoo's Oak Tree]

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the context of the argument. Some arguments absolutely need to be carried out in private. However some arguments shouldn't wait, as the continued silence might foster bitterness or resentment. It might be awkward, but learning how to healthily communicate with your partner is important. Sometimes a disagreement has to be hashed out no matter who is watching. It's all pretty contextual, and depends on the partnership you have.

ANonMouse, Eldau, Bad Company and 3 others like this.
  9. TDDM

TDDM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Argue yes, yell maybe a little (raised voice, not all out yell). It's not like people care. I don't give a shit when people are arguing in public so why should others care if I argue with someone important to me about something I care about.

Eldau and chrissy987 like this.
  10. cherryblossomsinsummer

cherryblossomsinsummer The Midnight Sun

Reading List:
    Link
    When I argue with the people I'm close with (parents, bestfriend, partner), I can barely hold back my tears and always end up crying. So the answer is no, I would never argue in public because it would be so embarrassing for me and the other party. At most I would give them the cold shoulder and ignore them until we get back.

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    the answer for your question is....
    it depend~

while this cat prefer not argue on public but sometimes it cannot be helped such thing indeed happen~

12. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    If it’s complaining in public, I’ve done that before, although I keep my voice low. If it’s actually arguing in public, I think I’ve done that before, when I felt the other person was being unreasonable to someone else, and… I learned not to do that.

13. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Although it would be best to always argue at home but sometimes it is out of control, especially if you are hot blooded, so yes, I say I might do it XD

Wizard007 likes this.
  14. Wizard007

Wizard007 Arlo

Reading List:
    Link
    It really is, sure more than me just heard as well

Lissi likes this.
  15. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not whether or not Ai-chan would, as Ai-chan wouldn't plan to argue in public. Unfortunately, things don't always go your way and in the heat of the moment, you could accidentally air your dirty lingerie in public and wouldn't realize it until it's too late. It's not like you always have control over the situation or yourself. It's not like you go out of your way to be in a shouting match in public. Emotions is a funny things, you don't always have control over it. If it happens, it happens.

ongoingwhy and Wizard007 like this.
  16. Wizard007

Wizard007 Arlo

Reading List:
    Link
    Same, although I say its best in private I don't trust myself to really control my actions

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  17. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobhighfive:
    You and I both got that problem XD

Wizard007 likes this.
  18. Wizard007

Wizard007 Arlo

Reading List:
    Link
    Good thing is, You probably will never see them again and if so would definetly have forgotten

we be twinning

Ai chan likes this.
  19. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Oho? Very unexpected, you were quite calm and rational about your responses with me tho?

20. Wizard007

Wizard007 Arlo

Reading List:
    Link
    U talking to me or @Mr Popo

Deleted member 369806 likes this.