Good for novel updates?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by I am Lolicon, Aug 14, 2021.

1. I am Lolicon

I am Lolicon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see a lot of people leave reviews saying that “this story is good for novel updates” and I don’t get what they mean by that. If it was for royal road or scribble hub I would understand, but isn’t novel updates only an aggregator site? What would be the site they are comparing it to, where the “good” stories are?

Edit. I know it’s technically not an aggregator site, but I didn’t know the term for it.
    I don’t have enough posts so I can’t link a review, but one of the one stars on “little tyrant … bad end” by resnovae is somewhat of an example of what I mean.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  2. Night Phoenix

Night Phoenix The *Eccentric* Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Never seen a review like that, couldn't tell. Maybe missing context.

3. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Bruh

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe they might original novels that people have written since the novels on novel update are all translated.

4. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds like they're saying Chinese, Korean and Japanese web/light novels are shit in general and that novel was surprisingly great.

They probably prefer originals.

5. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novelupdates isn't an aggregator site as it doesn't host the stories but links to them.
    Could you link to a review that said that? I would need more context. It could be that the translation is good enough to be linked on novelupdates as they do check (though a few slip by unnoticed) or that the novel is good and should be listed on novelupdates.

6. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    NU isn't an aggro...? :blobwoah:

7. I am Lolicon

I am Lolicon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I edited my initial post with an example

IceLight303 likes this.
  8. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can link it for you
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/little-tyrant-doesnt-want-to-meet-with-a-bad-end/

In this case it seems like they are implying that novelupdates has a lot of trash novels. So compared to the ones they have read on novelupdates it's is okay. So it's a bad novel but on the upper end of the bad novels. Now I get what you mean. So when people say it's good for being on novelupdates, they mean that they have come to expect low quality novels and are surprised when a decent title shows up, not good but decent.

I disagree, I know there are a lot of repetitive novels but I continuously find good high quality novels.