Spoiler The Devil / 마귀

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Gothita, Aug 25, 2020.

?

THE DEVIL novel has 227 chapters, Ongoing . Do you guys think the Ending will be Tragedy? T-T

Poll closed Jul 9, 2021.
  1. Yes

89 vote(s)
    79.5%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    20.5%
  1. Foxandcat

Foxandcat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading chapter 60, I noticed a little irony ...
    When Idris was a child, he was the twins' "dog" who had no freedom. He could only watch them from the cage, especially Jovinetta 1.And only closer to adulthood, he received more freedom. Kretschman told him to forget these damn people, especially Jovinetta 1, but he couldn't. He understood that he could not be with his mistress...But he still confessed his love to her.
    It reminds me very much of our Jovinetta. She has been living in a tower since the age of 6, and is forced to look at her beloved from afar.She was repeatedly subjected to physical and psychological abuse from partners. Even her family didn't really cherish her, except for John. The father wanted to give her in marriage sooner, the younger "brother" humiliated her, and the mother was too strict.And even when Inette asked for help from Kretschman, he did not fulfill her wishes.
    In my opinion, Inette received punishment for her past incarnation. It is not for nothing that others focus on the fact that many people who are suffering now were sinners in a past life.
    Kretschman gave his son a chance for happiness and prosperity, but punished Jovinette for her past mistakes. If before Idris was a servant, now he is a duke and a respected warrior. Inette is now known as the "black widow" who sits in her tower and has no special rights.

jsemere, BluePoodle, Irisss and 5 others like this.
  2. SakuraCitra

SakuraCitra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, if in the second life Annete get punishment because her mistake in past life, so John/Idris born as her fake twin because Kretscheman know if Idris want Annete to love him in the next life, he must born with her twin's face. Because in the flashback, Annete 1 have a deep feeling to her twin, she kiss his corpse in the throne (maybe because she feel so lonely and sad because her twin died, and her feeling became tp deep and she assume her feeling is love and make her have forbidden love to her twin, and thay cycle continue in her next life, tbh so sad)

3. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in previous lifetime Inette betrayed John, in current lifetime also she did the same.. what a crazy love story.. i dont think this is a love story at all.. it's a story of messed up characters :LOL:

4. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did Annette abuse Idris in their first timeline? Or did she actually treat him right, unlike her twin?
    Or else, why would Idris have fallen for her?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    boom2424 and Maria2516 like this.
  5. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    If Annete abuse him, he must be really hate her. But he really love her in the 1st life and 2nd life, I guess Annete 1 treat him better unlike others

Foxandcat and boom2424 like this.
  6. Foxandcat

Foxandcat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you are right. Because it's enough to look at Xavier's reaction when Idris was in the cage, and then look at Jovinetta. She was calm and did not pull on the rope.Idris could have fallen in love if only because Jovinetta tormented him the least.She rather appreciated her "dog", therefore she spared him, which obviously her brother did not do. Therefore, Idris, having survived the abuse, but received a little "care" from Jovinetta, became fixated on her. And, apparently, he is so obsessed with the heroine that he did not even try to overcome the passion for her in the next life.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    Maria2516 and boom2424 like this.
  7. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    He really obsessed with Annete, but ironically Annete fall in love to her brother, something like "no matter you do, no matter how you try, she (Annete) will be fall for her own brother, if you want her and want she love you back, you must born as someone she love."
    No matter who the soul inside that body, as long as the looks similiar with the man Annete 1 love in the 1st life, Annete will always love him.

But Im still curious about Henrik and Annete relationship, if Annete's love story is like a curse from the 1st timeline to 2nd timeline, maybe Annete have a chance she can life with other besides a man with her brother's face (Xavier and John)

Her love story look like a curse, in the 1st timeline Xavier died and Idris love her very much but he cant have her love because Annete 1 love Xavier.
    In the 2nd timeline, finally she can with her brother in the previous life but have different soul, but she cant with anyone because all man around her really evil and died because John (Idris) kill them.

raven00, boom2424 and Maria2516 like this.
  8. raven00

raven00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for all the spoilers guys!!! This story is so damn dark, and twisted in an unexpected way. After reading all these spoilers, my mind couldn't handle it tbh. That means the current Johns body, is the body of Xavier, but there are 2 souls, Idris's and devil's. It's damn complicated. Anyone care to share the novel with me, cuz I can't purchase chapters, they don't allow me to because of the region. :cry::cry::blobsad:

Meizey, boom2424 and Maria2516 like this.
  9. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think John's body is belong to Xavier, but his face look like Xavier, but the body is belong to Idris/John because Xavier have yellow eyes and John have blue eyes, Kretscheman just give him human form (Xavier's face and body for outer appearance) maybe that will make Idris's wish became true, Annete will fall for him and love him deeply.

raven00, Maria2516 and boom2424 like this.
  10. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I think they meant they look the same. The eye colour changed only.

Anyway, I was thinking. Maybe Anette is just a narcisist lol? And didn't necessarily love her twin, but just loved a face that looked identical to hers? Either that or she has an incest complex as she fell for her twin in both lives. Or she really loved him, I guess.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  11. BluePoodle

BluePoodle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story took a turn that I definitely didn't expect. Now I'm curious why Annette fell in love with her twin brother from the past. Was it a bit like the toxic relationship between Cersei and Jamie from GoT or was it genuine adoration?

12. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess she just love him as a siblings, then because he died she became lonely and dont have anyone, that obsession change to love as a siblings become love as a woman and man.
    Annete's 1 feeling to Xavier look like a character Miku Hinazaki from Fatal Frame game, because her brother died, she feel lonely and then she still search his shadow and want to reunite with him, because she make a many touch with supranatural being like ghost etc and her love for her brother really deep, she get curse, she get pregnant with her brother's child (just dont know how she can pregnant with someone who already died long ago) but the child born and absorb the mother's life, in the end, Miku still searching her brother, she use forbidden ritual so she can marry with her brother's ghost and reunite with him again in the afterlife.
    So perhaps, Annete's love toward her brother just a simple love were she just need someone around her, and dont want to lose him. Love not always about sexual touch, but since John not Xavier, John also a normal man, love without touching feel not right for him. Expecially, after John look Annete as a woman right now

BluePoodle likes this.
  13. Meizey

Meizey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read a lot of spoilers and started reading the story, but it's quite dark, family, abuse story so I don't think it's my cap of tea.
    Now I am interested just who is Idris? I know about a demon Kretscheman, but Xavier? Who is that? I must have missed it because I read it a few months ago, maybe first husband, no?
    I don't understand 1 life 2 life it's all so confusing, I don't like the theme of the story, but I am interested in reading it again and now I am confused

I would agree with you about this. If someone tortures you (in my personal opinion) it can never be out of love. Yes, you can have different ways of expressing your love (maybe you don't know how to be romantic and you just say I love you with straight face, but you will care about the person your love in different ways like getting them food when they are hungry and unable to prepare something to eat or they don't have time to go and buy, etc (this was the most basic example)), but different ways of expressing love doesn't mean physical or psychological torture with intention of hurting someone. On the other hand (I read part of the manhwa, I did not read the novel so I will just speak of her 2. life that I saw in manhwa), she was tortured since she was a child, John also killed her first husband in front of her eyes. This girl, of course it's ti be expected, has some SERIOUS MENTAL ISSUES, because of everything she experienced (in her 2. life, idk anything about her 1. life, I just read it in spoilers and I would really like to know more because it's confusing to me).
    You have to "understand" her. She does whatever is right in her brain. She accepted physical violence becahse SHE THOUGHT that it's for John, not because he wanted her to, he never asked her, but the probable reason is because she was locked in the tower because of him, she felt like she was married off because of him, etc. Everything started when they thought she's in love with her brother, so to her he is her "love" and her "destruction". He is the reason of everything bad that happened to her in her mind and also a person she "loves". I put "love" like this because she is pretty mentally unstable so this love is looking more like clinging to something and possession more than love for someone. She doesn't know how to have a healthy relationship and her character is well written considering that she is a victim, but when she feels a bit of power she tries to be confident, but she is weak. It's a good description of victim's mentality and unfortunately it is how a lot of people do behave after they experience a lot of things similar in a way to her and than someone "save" them.
    I think you should consider that part of her character too.
    I put it in a spoiler thread because it's really long and I don't want people to scroll for eternity just so they can read next post.

Erynazri1998, Maria2516 and DOHere like this.
  14. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I admit it can be expected she has mental issues from all the abuse and isolation.
    Idris is John/Johannes(the ml) in their first life where he was the slave of Giovinetta and her twin brother, Xavier.

boom2424, Meizey and Maria2516 like this.
  15. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    I try to translate chapter 60 and find out Annete's name in her 1st life also Giovenita. :LOL:
    I just curious, when John call his sister, "Annete" that feel like "this is John" and when he call "Giovenita" that feel like "not John we know before because he feel like another person"
    Perhaps inside that John's body, the soul not only Idris, but with another one. Or maybe Xavier too.
    In chapter 60 flashback, Idris tell Giovenita 1 about Xavier is harmful person but she denial and tell him, she is the one who hurt him. Idris tell her, "I love you, Giovenita." Like John's confession to Annete in chapter 59.

16. wintergem

wintergem Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with everything, especially the part about him isolating her. By the end of Ch.60, we see that she's back in her chambers and completely dependent on John which isn't a coincidence. Every time she's confined, he's had a role in it which I think is important to note as to not glare over major red flags.

I'll also add, it seems like a lot of readers are put off by Inette's behavior without realizing that she might have developed dissociative identity disorder (hence all the hallucinations) from the years of confinement; the abuse; and just overall trauma for existing (she's literally blamed for everything). Which, if I'm right, would make a lot of sense as to why she turned complete sadist in order to confirm John's love. It's a coping mechanism to protect herself since Inette's "true" self is so psychologically battered. It would also make sense why she became this way after the memory of John killing her first husband came back to her. It literally triggered a part in her where she doesn't know where John's motives lie and can't necessarily trust him. And to get her answer, she must create a version of herself that's mentally capable to do so or simply one that can hold power over John--which is where Sadist Inette comes in. It would also make sense as to why she completely reverts back to her original self after John says "I love you".

Personally, I don't think the author wants us to root for John or their incestuous relationship and they've made it extremely clear by the end of 60 when we see she's confined AGAIN and with John's involvement somehow. Initially I was grossed out and very close to dropping because I thought the author was trying to romanticize their relationship, but then I realized there's actually nothing romantic about this at all. It doesn't help that pretty much all the characters are morally corrupted and I think what the author does so brilliantly is deceive us into believing John is somehow "better" despite the incest. I think John personifies "nice guy syndrome" in a way. On the surface, we're led to believe he's good for Inette because compared to everyone else he's the kindest and warmest, but in actuality, he's very manipulative and cunning and (imo) only concerned for his own wellbeing.

Anyway, just my own little tidbit since I didn't see the psychological aspects being discussed too much while lurking the thread. I could also be very wrong lol since I know nothing about the web novel and am still very confused about the whole past life/timeline plot that I've seen mentioned. :blobsweat:

Elren, fourthhorse4, Le_Tired and 5 others like this.
  17. Pachia320

Pachia320 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank god! They aren’t real siblings! I almost dropped it because it had incest in it

18. JustATsundere

JustATsundere New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I followed the author’s Twitter account and she posted some spoilers of the novel in her Tweet.

boom2424 likes this.
  19. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you spill what her twitter?

boom2424 and 1Etoya1 like this.
  20. 1Etoya1

1Etoya1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    boom2424 likes this.