Recommendations No sexism

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Greenmachine835, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Greenmachine835

Greenmachine835 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for cultivation/fantasy novels where the author isn’t stupidly sexist. Basically gender doesn’t play a role as much as your actions/strength(no not a femitard but just someone who doesn’t like unnecessary things.) A good example would be: Birth of the Demonic Sword or Abysall Lord of the Magi World.

Edit: I never said I didn’t want no a pc liberal story. I rather have one that is more focused on ones strength than gender(as it’s a strength based society and that is what realistically it should largely focus on.)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  2. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    It's impossible, the thing you're looking for doesn't exist

3. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    looking for equality in BL might seems counterproductive, but some bl/ boy focused novel have surprisingly great female characters. They might be not the main focus, but I could remember several great female character that aren't simply there for ML's sake. Example:
    Dominion's End
    Earth is Online

Else,
    Ze Tian Ji (the empress, and the MC's fiancé grows into characters that I admire. Which is weird considering the cliche for fiance character)
    My Disciple Died Yet Again.
    The Lazy King

Korean fantasy novel without romance is also pretty great in this case, although female character rarely appears or are mostly devout followers for MC (which, wasn't really a problem since male character beside MC also suffer the same fate)
    Sovereign of Judgment
    SSS-Class Suicide Hunter

Anra7777, Isabelle and MangoGuy like this.
  4. Greenmachine835

Reading List:
    Link

Lol it’s rare and hard to find but it makes it worth it IMO

5. Donuts

Donuts Endless surge of emotions

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s doesn’t exist my dude

6. Tenzyfrenzy

Tenzyfrenzy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's honestly sad how difficult it is to think of any.

None of the cultivation novels on my list qualify, but for fantasy maybe something like Adonis, Etranger, or Ending Maker. Those three at least have strong female characters that don't become weak the moment the male lead arrives, although admitedly the FLs in the last two aren't the greatest until a few chapters in when their powers get fleshed out.

I'd agree with the person who said find novels without romance, those tend to be way better. I wish you luck in your impossible search

Greenmachine835 and Isabelle like this.
  7. Galison

Galison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What they want isn't even in the real world either lol its some perfct(misspelled because it keeps tring to link to some series) world types stuff that will never happen unless humans suddenly become a hivemind which given how most humans are makes it even less likely.

8. Greenmachine835

Reading List:
    Link

Lol did you read what I was asking? I just want a world built on strength which is realistic considering that is what would determine your place in society and not as much focus on traditions and gender if you will(or just the forced unneeded sexism.) Like yeah there will be some discrimination as long as there is multiple of something but to that extent IRL-nah.

Occasionally it might

9. Galison

Galison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is even if you have a female lead it doesn't remove it sexism and what ever else a male lead does happens to some extent just from the females view it doesn't really get rid of it it just changes it to being female driven which people against male done sexism seem to have no issue with because they're fucking idiots. There maybe some but in most cases people don't even think about it if its a female doing stuff they would complain if a male did.

10. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    if you want to sexism you might want to look for a plant main character which doesn't exist.

11. Greenmachine835

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh dude for real? What I want is a more realistic tbh. It’s more of a society based around strength rather than sex(which in a fantasy world is more realistic as the former determines your place in society.) Sure there will be some but I rather it not be stupidly rampant.

I don’t like sexism on either side. I understand both happen as there are multiple sexes(as I have told others.) What I am looking for is a novel where it’s more based around strength(towards the individual-male of female.) and not there gender. As it’s a power based world and that is more realistic

12. aegis062

Reading List:
    Link
    Human society is based on sexism and bias. and a writer who writes about humans will show his bias and sexism in his own way. even when author writes about dragons he projects his bias and sexism.

13. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Greenmachine835

Reading List:
    Link

I don’t like sexism on either side. I understand both happen as there are multiple sexes(as I have told others.) What I am looking for is a novel where it’s more based around strength(towards the individual-male of female.) and not there gender. As it’s a power based world and that is more realis

True, especially in more eastern novels. However I was wondering if you knew about the exceptions or the ones where it didn’t play as much of a part.

Whats the mc like? Also how much of horror element is it? Or is that just more of a cool name?

15. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    From the start up to the last chapter, it is full of Horror.
    The MC is cool-headed, loves to scare people, whether his enemies or his customers.

Greenmachine835 likes this.
  16. aegis062

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/magic-industry-empire/
    At least in this novel it mostly about him building a magic machine industry in another world there he doesn't willing want a harem, but since they are in ancient civilization he wife does push him into having multiple wives even tho they aren't particularly important to the story.

Most of the novel is him and his company developing magic machines and introducing it to the back water world.

most of the reviews I saw on this novel on the bottom were pretty bad, but I really don't pay attention to other ppl's reviews.

17. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Dominion’s End +1

18. Halcyon Observer

Halcyon Observer Full stop

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I have heard, Konosuba's main character is an avid supporter of gender equality.

lazyfujo likes this.
  19. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    unfortunately most of cultivation novels are sexist even the ones written by female authors

20. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Um hello how has no one said Doomsday Wonderland?

It’s a fantasy world-hopping action packed novel with a female mc and no romance. Imo, it’s one of the few novels with no racism/colorism, no nationalism, and no sexism. The mc has “tanned wheat colored skin” and it’s rare because usually Chinese authors advocate for pale=better. And since it’s world hopping into apocalyptic worlds, “countries” are basically non-existent at that point or not mentioned.

I find the male and female characters are literally treated as equal, with the only basis being strength, power, intellect, etc.

Honestly it’s the best.

another one is Adonis; which is romance and very well written. The ml and fl both compete with strength and there’s also a ton of action in it. The romance is well-built as well. There’s again no sexism in there, but the novel does have a lot of side characters underestimating or being shocked that the fl is so strong. At first, it’s like “wow she’s strong despite being a girl” but then as the novel goes on, it turns into “how is a human that strong?” The ml is also not only strong but has a lot of political power and wealth.