LCD Little Tyrant Doesn't Want To Meet With a Bad End

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by gaianova, Sep 24, 2020.

?

Best Girl?

1. Alicia Ascart

16.9%
  2. Nora Xeclyde

11.7%
  3. Charlotte Sorofya

33.8%
  4. Lilian Ackermann

11.7%
  5. Wilhelmina

6.5%
  6. Yes

19.5%
  1. starvecleric

starvecleric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GAVE

Actually uh, isn't his first kiss with Nora? :blob_tilt:

2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do I have to keep restating this? This is a LCD a latest chapter discussion thread. It's only for translated chapters. If you want spoilers go make a spoiler thread.

lunarshadow and Astaroth like this.
  3. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    so he'll either gain control of this bloodline in the next 4 years or he'll be forced to continue to stay active (the war from the original game). It's funny because I thought his solution would be to avoid women. how does he not get that every witness state so far has been triggered by being around one of the love interests while they're in an emotional state (nora was protecting him from the cultist, charlotte was having a date, and Lillian was traumatized by the death of her senpai) Not only that but the witness state also leads to growth of the love interest which will probably play a factor in the upcoming war.

eh. I hope he gets control but at the same time, I hope he gets over his fear of the witness state.

4. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    And now we have a 5th candidate, Wilhelmina...yet another princess. Dragon, elf, angel, in addition to arde bloodline and whatever Alicia has going on (that life-force of her is too OP)...kinda seems like the author will stop at 5 right? It's already hell with 4 candidates.

5. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah. Harem authors don't have this concept of stopping adding girls. That being said, I could see this author going to 7 easy enough.

6. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't take too long to straight up the hierarchy...

Roel >>>>> the Pender 7 + I guess all the FL's so far. Lilian and Roel have never gone at it, but if pushed, I'm pretty sure Roel has the edge. Lilian can call forth mobs but the gods on roel's side can easily counter that. Would probably come down to stamina...

I have reset the poll in case anyone wants to change their vote in light of recent events. I'm still primarily backing Nora followed by Lilian. Added William since she is definitely a FL (unique bloodline and she's female and whatnot)

...author needs to stop screwing up Alicia.

7. starvecleric

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Lilian would stand a pretty good chance though.
    She's able to summon lots of soldiers, which include frontline (charging knights), backliner, and midliner (spellcasters), which make her pretty fearsome to deal with. As long as she can stall Roel long enough, and it would probably be difficult for Roel to get to her through her army, not to mention that she's pretty adept with spells herself, she should be able to outlast him in a fight

8. Arde007

Arde007 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lilian is best girl in raw and in this new translated chapter Rip Antonio Roel is recalling his dark secret

9. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    They're both burst-type fighters. Roel has the advantage of potentially using the crown to bolster his summons. I don't think we've seen Lilian do that. In a drawn-out fight, it'd be pretty even or lean towards Lilian, but in the short-term, Roel has the edge. He tends to plow through his stamina but the boost he gets is worth it in the short run.

10. Nightmare123

Nightmare123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly it's sad that Roel NTR'd Paul this way. He stole every single girl Paul would have had a romantic relationship with if not for him.

Astaroth likes this.
  11. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't NTR someone who isn't in a relationship. Otherwise every person you've ever gone out with, youve NTR'ed someone and someone has NTR'ed you...also let's be honest. Going off of their personalities, Roel did Paul a favor.

ReMark and Astaroth like this.
  12. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah tbh that's one thing I didn't like about the 4 love interests.

But that's what's good about Wilhelmina, she's not one of Paul's capture targets in the game. Well unless she was a hidden love interest in the game as well that MC just didn't know about.

Nightmare123 likes this.
  13. Nightmare123

Reading List:
    Link
    It is pretty NTR since they were supposed to end up with Paul. Let's say for example in your favorite romance novel the MC's girlfriend ended up with someone else who reincarnated. Sure, they were not in a relationship, but it feels really bad and it is NTR. Just because Paul is not the main character doesn't mean anything. Also, isn't the one who can't deal with girls Roel? He hasn't made a single move on a girl and is always blushing and stuttering when a girl makes a move on him. This is a part I really dislike in this novel.

Yep, I agree.

14. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    If we consider the fact that the Original game had multiple routes each featuring their own heroine, You could consider each route as an alternate reality. Therefore there must have been a reality where Paul (the RL player) ended up with no one due to failing the game. As such nothing is set in stone relationship wise. Paul could have ended up with Nora or he could have just as easily ended up with Charlotte or Alicia. A harem route probably would have been impossible.

Roel for the most part has not intentionally been trying to replace Paul. His goal has been to survive which meant he needed to be on good terms with each of the heroines. The only time he acted in a way to block Paul is when he wanted to see whether there was some corrective force at play that would influence with Charlotte.

NTR isn't NTR unless there is a relationship. There could very well be a reality where I am in a relationship with person x. Just cause in a different reality, person x is going out with someone else, it doesn't mean I have been ntr'ed. >.> people don't belong to people.

As for not being able to handle them, based on roel's recounting of the game, Nora was an even bigger sadist by the time game started. Alicia had been trained to be used as a spy after being sold. Charlotte was probably relatively normal lmao. William wasn't interested and Lilian was probably pent up (like Paul was her blood related half-brother). Roel has, to some degree, reined in the craziness (they'll all calm down if he gets mad).

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  15. Nightmare123

Reading List:
    Link
    You are just speculating at that point. You are saying that there could have been a reality where Paul doesn't end up with anyone while a harem route is impossible. Why? From my impression, Roel has only played Nora and Alicia route. Not even half of the game. Why would a harem route be impossible? And if it is impossible that invalidates your other point, that Roel has 'reined in their craziness'. That means they were not yandere for Paul and were not crazy. And really? You are calling the 4 main heroines in the game rn not crazy? They are willing to do anything in order to be with Roel. Let's not talk about their obsession with him. Paul would have had a much healthier relationship with them. They wouldn't have been crazy at all. As for Roel not obstructing Paul, that's simply not true. Yes, the first time with Charlotte he checked if there was game correction. There wasn't. Yet after that he still tried to prevent Paul and the heroines from meeting. Why? Because death flag. That's another thing I strongly dislike about this series. That's just an excuse made by the author for Paul and the heroines not to interact. When the talk about death flags comes up, I get really mad. Roel should be thinking why did he die in the game - because he was an asshole to everyone, sold Alicia, joined an evil cult and etc. Now he did none of these things, yet he still thinks Paul and the 4 obsessed heroines will try to kill him? You are just trying to refute everything negative about this series..

Astaroth likes this.
  16. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, hard agree on this part.

This is such an annoying trope in these types of avoiding deathflag novels.

Only one where it actually makes sense is in Death is the only ending, cause
    brainwashing

Nightmare123 likes this.
  17. starvecleric

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the meaning of 'death flag' has been shifting over the novel. Death flag is being used as an easy term to refer to Roel's downfall, but by a certain point, I don't think that he was worried anymore that the heroines would try to kill him. I'd say that he's more worried about losing those that are precious to him (esp after his insecurities showed in the Lilian and Roel arc, when Charlotte and Nora confronted him).

The correction effect speculation did cause his mental breakdown at one point, but that was only limited to the very first event because of how Paul and Charlotte still encountered each other despite all of the butterfly effect things he has been doing all this while. Beyond that, he didn't really do anything over to stop Paul and the heroines from meeting each other. The only times he really thought about events between Paul and heroines were on the first day of the entrance ceremony (which spanned over a few chapters but honestly is only like 3~4 hours in terms of novel time). Beyond that, he never thought about it anymore.

Overall, I don't think the significance of him harping on 'Paul and the 4 obsessed heroines is trying to kill me' is as strong as you emphasize it to be. My argument is that he never thought that 'Paul and the obsessed heroines are trying to kill me', and the 'flag removal' parts only lasted for 4 hours of the entire academy arc.

Personally, I also think that it's arguable what the reason behind his mental breakdown is when he saw the Paul-Charlotte carriage event. He did suspect the correction effect, but did he get a mental breakdown because he think that it'll lead down a slippery slope where Charlotte would kill him? Or does he think that it's a trigger where he might start losing those around him?

I'm leaning toward the second because that's the vibe I've been getting

18. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. I just happen to know what NTR means and this isn't NTR. Roel never initiated any relationship with the intent to replace Paul or to make the other girl fall for him. He initially went out of his way to avoid getting too close to Nora.

When I said Roel was reining in the crazy, that was not speculation. Nora is definitely less sadist compared to her in-game persona that Roel described. IIRC she was an angel of carnage. While she is sadist towards roel, it's limited to like feeding him by having if luck her hand as opposed to Paul who had it much worse. Roel enabled Nora to become more mature due to accepting her unsightly nature and due to the witness state...I will give you the point that Alicia and Lilian are probably more "crazy" in this iteration but Roel can still stop a world War from breaking out if need be.

I don't expect to win here but I've said my piece.

Sabruness and ReMark like this.
  19. Apia

Apia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you

ReMark likes this.
  20. Arde007

Arde007 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are not in relationship it is not ntr