Recommendations Feed my addiction novel plz

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Kamuizin, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Need some novel recommendations, 800+chapters (unless the chapters are long).

Cultivation or level up novel with low key mc (ex: RMJI), reasonable level of power and intelligent plot.

2. Miercing

Miercing deep crimson shall descend from heaven

Reading List:
    Link
  3. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    48 Hours a Day
    Great story, well thought from the author

Lord of the Mysteries
    Best webnovel i think, if you haven't read it. It's a must

World's apocalypse online
    Good read

5. fathead

fathead Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Kamuizin

Reading List:
    Link
  7. DiXanthos

DiXanthos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Senior Brother is too Steady! (Imagine an extremely paranoid & over-prepated "prepper" cultivator, leans into comedy, takes place in Primordial Times where the Grand Pure Ones, Jade Emperor and others are just starting).

Once Upon A Time, There Was A Spirit Sword Mountain (leans into comedy, but the main character is more of a trickster & schemer).

Sylver Seeker (Royalroad). A necromancer MC lich awakes in a world where a System has appeared (he doesn't know how that came to be... for now).

EXTREMELY ruthless & sometimes disgusting (as in waddling through human viscera & stuff), very up-close in combat.

Has gone through a lot of mental outlooks through his extremely long life, now is mostly set on an "utilitarian but keep people important to me safe and don't care about anyone else, but still try to be at least polite... before plugging a dagger in their throat and using their bodies for experiments" mindset.

Exudes a lot of charm & is normally a logic-based being... unless you really piss him off. He becomes... not careless, but more daring (and cruel as heck). Makes a good amount of friends.. and some enemies.

The overall atmosphere is a bit gritty, but there are flashes of camaraderie & bonding. A bit like Dorohedoro, but with less comedy & more philosophical discussions with an elf... including the stuff no one wants to think about.

A bit difficult to describe, but it works. Really sells you the impression you're reading about an ancient being that thinks like an ancient being.

Some inspiration from Slavic Mythology. Long chapters.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    Kamuizin likes this.
  8. fathead

fathead Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha my apologies, missed that part about the low-key MC. But I'd argue most MCs start off low-key, but at some point they become famous (i.e. not low-key)...

Had a brief look at your reading list - you could try Reverend Insanity if you want something more a more 'low-key' and devious MC?

9. Kamuizin

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m adding up courage to face RI again, as i dropped it when he became a zombie.