Discussion If you reincarnate...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bad Storm, Aug 17, 2021.

?

Do you want to recall the memories of your past lives?

1. Yes

56.3%
  2. No

18.8%
  3. Yes, but they fade away as time pass by

3.1%
  4. Remember only a few parts

15.6%
  5. Remember it without "experiencing" it

28.1%
  6. others

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I like a certain series called "see you in my 19th life". In here, the MC recalls her past lives after some time (age 12 iirc). So anyway, for the first time since she could remember, she fell for a guy on her 18th life. The guy also fell for her. They were still kids here, mind you. Then there was an accident, the mc got killed while the guy had a trauma. Now, MC for some reasons got reincarnated fast, almost as soon as she died. On her 19th life, she tried her best to chase the guy. Only managed to meet again after some years pass and they are both working. He's her current boss.

Now, fast forward a bit, the guy is afraid that the only reason why he might like the mc is because he could see 18th life mc in the 19th life mc. And funny though, I saw in the comment that someone said, "at this point, she should tell him the truth, that she got reincarnated yadda yadda".
    Let me emphasize the world "should". When we say should, it is implied that an action "must" be done. There's no if, no buts. Like it's what's natural. Like it is what's expected. Failing to comply is a grave error. (okay, I'm exaggerating but that's the vibe the word "should" gives).

But personally, I think it's not necessary. It's not actually deceit to not tell about your reincarnation. Isn't it better to treat both lives differently? It's like you're still the same you living the continuation of your life. Not like it is by choice that you change from one body to another when you die. So are the responsibilities of your past life for you to carry as well? I don't think so. Maybe you have unresolved feelings, maybe you could resolve then in your current life but is that reason enough to tell someone or anyone really that you're a reincarnator?

I know it might be a lonely life. Maybe you're grow apathetic about everything. But that's just how it is, right? Not like you can control how you would feel all the time. But Isn't it good enough to live your current life as it is? Go with the flow, live life one day (one life?) at a time.

tl;dr: If you reincarnate, do you think you should tell that you remember your past life to people currently important to you? Mind the fact that said people were also part of your previous life but you were a different person then.

2. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    If I reincarnate, I'd like to know if I'll continue reincarnating dammit! :notlikeblob:

3. Reverend Insanity

Reverend Insanity Despapa69's Split Soul

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like my memories to remain. If I don't remember them, will I truly be me? Short answer, no.

De Lan and Bad Storm like this.
  4. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like a headache, my answer is no XD

Bad Storm likes this.
  5. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    *pats* Possible to know but not likely. Maybe you could devote your lives into figuring out why you kept reincarnating.

Think of the money making skills you gain along the way tho!

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  6. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll let you know when I reincarnate unless I don't remember my past life or don't feel like like telling, in which case, I'm letting you know that I might not let you know. :blobpeek:

7. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if your next life nuf account would be called otaku32

8. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    I like that story too. I think she should tell him because he will find out at some point and it's better to hear it from her because he's so sensitive. But yeah, if she wants to keep it hidden, it's her right and all. I just think she won't be able to.

9. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I will never forget nomming skullie. Those memories will never fade, no matter my life~

GonZ555 likes this.
  10. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Yah yah, the story is quite nice. I love the MC. :blobmelt:
    Since it's a story, plot reveals are unavoidable. But I was just wondering what if it's something that happened in real life, would keeping silent the better option or is it better to reveal the secret?

11. roata11

roata11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, what kinda monster i am hoping someone else have same memory as me

12. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    So you don't think of them as your own?

13. Baldingere

Reading List:
    Link
    If something like that happened to me, I think I would go see my past parents. If like the MC my current parents are sh**, I would tell my past parents about my past life and try to become part of the family again. But if my new family is nice, well I would just check on my family sometimes. I would tell them only if they didn't get over their grief, or my parents fell sick and need a caretaker, something along these lines.

14. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like it's so hard to tell others that they are your past family. Because it is so hard to believe that something like that could happen. I mean, if someone came to me and say he or she was my dead child, I'd get angry because it is so hard to cope with loss and it's like they are insulting the dead or something.

15. roata11

roata11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They just part of me, becuase whatever left is my soul.

whatever that is

Bad Storm likes this.
  16. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    This reincarnation thingy...

I remember in cultivation novels, some mentioned that cultivators cultivate to pursue immortality and cut away from the shackles of reincarnation. So, from the moment they died there was no way for them to reincarnate.

I don't know why I included this, but anyway, I just remembered many cultivation novel where the characters sacrifices their souls unable to reincarnate again.

Then I thought, every time I read the same scenes in novels, when you died, it's like your soul was extinguished as well. Since you don't remember anything, you live anew.

That's why, many reborn and reincarnated individuals didn't end good. There are only two ending for them– one was to move forward and the other was to be stuck in place.

There are many downside to having retained memories to not.

But it depends as well.

If it's reincarnation, then it's best if my memories was trully wiped out. But if it's reborn, sure. Hehehe...

Well, reincarnating with memories– trully it's good, since you don't need to start again but what if you reincarnate to another world. If it's reality, no thanks. Cause having memories means adapting to new environment again. With no one you knew, if you have fragile.mentality, youll go insane.

That's why in novels, there are times that even the most strong protagonist go insane after nth time reincarnation.

Also, even if the brain can support that massive memories, emotionally speaking, it's a helpless situation.

So, I'm okay with rebirth, but not reincarnating with memories. That's tragic.

17. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to preserve as to avoid being gullible and easily indoctrinated.

18. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering that she falls for him because of her 18th reincarnation memory, she should tell him..

For the question of
    It depends on the situation.. but i'd personally choose not to tell.. it would just complicate things. Both the feelings between the two, and the possible over-reaction of the whole "reincarnation" thing.

Anra7777 likes this.
  19. Baldingere

Reading List:
    Link
    That's true, but as their child you know so many anecdotes to prove your point. And my parents are the kind to believe that, I think.

Bad Storm likes this.
  20. natsume142

natsume142 だが、断る

Reading List:
    Link
    remember a few part.. probably emit the feeling of deja vu.