Spoiler My Childhood Friends are Trying to Kill Me

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Mikaa, Feb 27, 2021.

?

Who do u think is going to be ML??

1. Callix Ascard (black)

126 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. Oscar Hraesvelg (silver)

120 vote(s)
    20.7%
  3. Griffith Nicaea (brown)ie

39 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Romeo RoseBelle (blonde)

41 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. All of them ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

255 vote(s)
    43.9%
  1. olivia203295

olivia203295 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyou everyone for the MTLs ❤️‍❤️‍
    Tbh i was hoping for many things like oscar and lelia child , elizabeth and emperor meet up, yuriana and marriane out of palace and more
    And I’m feeling a bit nostalgic that now such great nobel has ended on top of that i had exams today and was hoping to refresh myself for tomorrow exam but now that it’s ended I’ve no reason for using internet :blobsmile:
    Can someone recommend me other novels with good stories please :aww:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  2. sUezyQ

sUezyQ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow is this really the end of the main story?!! So many loose ends and even the ending itself was kinda vague.. (n):oops:

SweetHaru and Cutey Porcupiney like this.
  3. chileylimon

chileylimon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, Imma be real with you chief, I specially made an account just so I could comment my thoughts on here lol. I just want to give my honest review/rant (I know this site is for spoilers but I can't give a review without choking on the plot ✋) since I'm shook at how this story came to an end so suddenly.

This novel feels and is RUSHED. And not only is it rushed, the quality of the storytelling lowered with each chapter. There are too many plot holes and issues within the story itself and the way the author wrapped it up is... disappointing. I was rooting for Leila and her revenge and you know, maybe a nice ending where her friends and husband don't have to fight for her love. That just makes everything seem like a joke and it's quite ridiculous.

Big, BIG sigh. I'm not going to pretend like I hated everything about this bc i didn't, I actually enjoyed this novel very much and I squealed at some parts, but ma'am... MA'AM!!!!! What the hell is that ending?!?!???

The whole thing went downhill when the author played all of us and made Callix the clown of this story. Whew. I had a bad feeling when they started having romantic feelings for Leila withing knowing each other for 5 secs. but I thought mmm you know what? We can't have it all in this life. I even thought Griffith's and Oscar's obsession was somehow a way to show us that these characters are complex and not just your typical love interest. But that was on me .

I need some kind of redemption for Romeo and Callix, since Griffith seems too deep in his own shit and honestly I don't like him that much; and well, Oscar is already married to her (I'm not mad that he's the ML btw, just... the character development could've been better).

After the 100th episode, more or less, things and certain events started to feel anticlimactic. Like e.g. when she broke the curse, her every encounter with her siblings or her first meeting with the king as Leila, when she confessed to Oscar or how the twins and Yurianna (?) were taken hostages. The author started describing every little action and actually gave us a lot of context at the beginning of the story but after the middle or so, we were given barely any explanation and had to guess what the characters meant or their real intention.

NGL, the king/emperor (?) had his share of the suffering, and it was quite satisfactory at first but in all honesty— given the context and the timing of the situation, can we really blame him? I mean, yes. Lol. But at the time he had lost his wife and baby, and his anger was directed towards the least guilty person in that whole place. What I'm trying to say is, I don't think he's free of guilt and culpability, but I understand his anger, although that it's not a justification for neglecting a child. Any child. Even your enemy's. In conclusion, he deserved it but I felt bad lmao.

The other person that suffered was the late empress/queen (?) AND FOR WHAT!!! She's another victim just like Leila and they kept on suffering all throughout the story left and right, and Leila was always trampled on and never actually had a real vengeance or got back at them. I was always left with a bitter taste when it came to her interactions with the twins/Yurianna or wtv her fucking name is. Whereas, the annoying characters were given just a slap on the back of the hand and left unbothered until a situation need them to come onto the story again. Like??? I don't feel any satisfaction at how they were dealt with.

There are too many things that I want to say but I feel like they don't really help anyone lol. For a 'main story' to end like this... Idk. I feel how I do when I find a novel translation that ended just before the climax (I'm looking at you WMMAP). There isn't any in this story. And if there was please tell me what it was bc i feel like it should've been Leila throwing out all of her family from the Imperial Castle and being crowned as Empress/Queen. I would've understood if this was the ending of book 2 or 3, and there was still 1 or 2 more books left for the ending. But naurrrr, this is boo boo. I don't think the side stories, if there are any, are going to somehow patch this story up.

With that being said, BIG THANKS to the people who MTL'd this story!!!!! Thank you for your service (*˘︶˘*).。*♡

Marie_0720, Haigi, morichigo and 7 others like this.
  4. maggiesaus

maggiesaus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The story started derailing a LOT when romance started getting in the picture. It's like the author can't weave multiple plot points at the same time. As soon as we got development on the romance, the other storylines and conflicts got dropped.

Imo the author doesn't do romance well :blobconfused: It was rushed and was developed at the expense of the better parts of the story.

And that last line lol. Pensioner stopped working, no explanation, but suddenly it works again but the story just ends there?

BUT. I definitely want to thank those of you who kindly mtl'd for us peons this whole time. The quality of the story and how I and others feel about it does not detract from how wonderful you all are :aww::blobmelt:

5. Leila.stan

Leila.stan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh...well...I can't say i'm surprised by the shoddy ending :blobunsure:. I agree with @chileylimon about it starting to go downhill in the middle. The author just did all the characters dirty. I could literally think of like five other endings and things that would have made this story so much more interesting and satisfying. I am almost tempted to write a fanfic :blobjoy:.

Well, it is the author's creative insight for the plot but maybe they just became less invested in the story as time went on...even as we didn't:blobpopcorn_cool:. The things I wish would have happened will live on in my imagination as they do for other series that have failed me.

Thank you to all who had a part in MTL'ing the chapters, you guys are the best! :aww: May your day be as beautiful as you!:blobhighfive:

Haigi, niyoosha, chileylimon and 4 others like this.
  6. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe I did my quite catch it but did Oscar ever give up the throne? Will Leila be inheriting the emperor's title after he dies? How does that work exactly?

Cutey Porcupiney likes this.
  7. pixel alien

pixel alien Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oscar never gave up the thrown he is still is the emperor and Leila is the empress, and it would be Leila's and Oscar's unborn child who will be inheriting the throne after Oscar.
    Also an empress can never inherit the throne if the emperor the ruling monarch dies she will be empress dowager or vice versa

8. Cutey Porcupiney

Cutey Porcupiney Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone! I'm late but I wanna say that I'm truly grateful for everyone who gave their time and effort in translating the whole ass novel for us. Starting from @Fluffy Cacti to @morichigo to @SweetHaru...thank you so so so much!:bloblove::blobsalute:

And like everyone here, I'm disappointed with the ending of the main story. So many threads left untied and hanging, especially with the other three male leads. Nonetheless, I had fun reading and discussing Leila's and her friends' journey with everyone here especially the theories. That's all, peeps...let's meet again in the side story.

Truthfully I'm not sure if there's really a side story but with the Pension's line in the last chapter, :blobpopcorn:.

morichigo, Lucy_, SweetHaru and 4 others like this.
  9. pixel alien

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there will be side story

Please tell I am not the only creep who imagines other MLs get together with Leila

10. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for clarifying that :justabotheart:

I meant by Emperor Leila's dad (sorry for the poor phrasing and confusion). I think he wanted to make her crown princess IIIRC which I am wondering how would they work around that :blobthinkingsmirk:.

SweetHaru and Cutey Porcupiney like this.
  11. Hannah Potter

Hannah Potter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my god! hey are u a magician or what!!!! if not then tell me how did u read my mind?????? its just what u said!.....even i created this account just bcus of this story and so that i could comment on it bcus my 1st impression of this story was really good to that point!
    then it was pretty good at the childhood part and then fl growing up abd meeting her frnds again (btw i hated the game thing.....cus the author barely explained anything! i thought this was going to be explained somehow like "death is the only ending for a villainess".... cus that was explained and well detailed!...this was the 1st disappointing thing for me)
    the 2nd disappointing thing ( i've mentioned it in the comment i made before)....at one point it felt like the author only thought about the prolog and didn't have a "total" thought about this! he/she wrote the story in a way that it was super obvious that it was a job of an amateur (i'm not trying to disrespect the author)......idk if anyone noticed that how "unorganised" it was since the beginning...."THE PART WHEN FL TALKED ABOUT HER MOM! AT FIRST FROM HER POV SHE SAID ITS NORMAL FOR THE TWINS AND FOR THE EMPEROR TO HATE HER BCUS SHE WAS PRINCESS IRENE'S DAUGHTER! this whole time she told us she was irene's daughter then suddenly BOOM! SHE WAS LIKE "HEY ITS UNFAIR TO HATE ME BCUS I'M HIS BIOLOGICAL DAUGHTER AND I KNEW IT FROM THE VERY BEGINNING BUT WHILE U GUYS WERE READING MY POV I CONVINCED U GUYS THAT I WAS IRENE'S DAUGHTER"
    i mean this was like as if the author didn't think about this part before! he/she suddenly added that without even considering the flow of the story! felt like i was reading a cliche "indian drama" as a novel. just like they make the mc die and then bring back to live and then suddenly makes the mc a daughter of someone who is really rich who was lost when she was 5!.....and about the other things i definitely agree with u!.....and i've mentioned these in my comments that i made before....also the "love potion" part was absolute piece of shit....they copied this from "remarried empress".... they even explained the effect of the potion just the same way! (obviously they couldn’t explain like " that level"....but the effects of the potion was just the same)
    MY BIGGEST COMPLAIN IS THAT THIS STORY COULD HAVE BEEN A LOT MORE BETTER! THIS COULD EVEN BE A MASTERPIECE! BUT THE LACK OF EXPLAINING AND THE LACK OF DETAILS AND ALSO SOME STUPID THING THAT WAS ADDED WITHOUT THINKING ANYTHING.....THIS WHOLE COMBINATION TURNED OUT REALLY U.G.L.Y.A.F........NOT GONNA LIE I DID ENJOY THIS A LOT FROM THE STARTING PART BUT AS CHAPTERS AFTER CHAPTERS WERE PUBLISHED....IT GOT JUST WORSE

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  12. chileylimon

chileylimon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot to mention it bc i was trying to organize my thoughts while typing and I didn't want to sound like a hater :blobsob:, but yes! definitely! the whole 'bringing the mom from the dead' was a reach. Like, telenovela reach. The empress being alive, as terrible as it sounds, didn't do anyone any good, and it was mostly bc the author didn't know how to use her character within the story. I mean she came back (sort of) but??? Did she dethrone the current empress? Did she help Leila with her knowledge of alchemy? I mean she didn't do anything besides forgetting her memory and making the emperor cut his arm from the shock and guilt.

It sounds like I hated her character but I swear didn't, she just didn't contribute to much in the story :notlikeblob:. I mean, her being alive feels more like a fan service— just like
    [how the author brought back the dead brother of the ML from The Way To Protect You, Sweetheart, but in that novel they definitely knew how to do it and had a reasonable justification.

I agree w you, this novel had all the potential and it could've been up to par to DITOEFV. I even thought the author was the same since it had the 'game system' thing going on and it looks like the artist from both covers is the same :blobtired:. But well, this novel feels unfinished, like this is the first draft. Someone on this spoiler thread always had good theories about the system and they actually made a lot of sense but whether that was the author's intention or not, we'll never know.

Idk if this is an unpopular opinion or what, but I have to confess I feel bad for the emperor lmao. Like, he DEADASS suffered and it didn't make me feel good. Idk why I am sympathizing so much w his character bc honestly men who? but just like how her mom being alive didn't contribute to much, the emperor becoming depressed, cutting his arm and forgetting his memories was just him in pain— bc not even Leila felt good at what was going on w him. I was hoping the empress would attempt to kill him or going full treason, but!!!! Nothing happened and he was only left there suffering and lamenting himself.

One thing I can't understand is, who's the villain in this story? If there is any, bc I don't get why would she go through all of that for just leaving this unresolved like this. And why would the author try to make us believe that the ultimate boss would be the empress by making it seem like she's planning something and adding a scene of her scheming ass all alone talking to herself lol.

*Editing this bc at the last chapters of the novel I had the feeling that Griffith was somehow going to become the main villain and would attempt something and whether that was related to the empress and her scheme idk but I got the impression that he was detaching himself from the lawful good and going full chaotic evil.

My rant just keeps getting longer and longer and I'm only complaining lol, but i was immersed all through 180 chapters and I'm still mourning this novel :blobconfounded:✋. I'll never forget how the author clowned all of us. The only good thing was the Duke, he'll forever live on my mind rent free :blobokhand:.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  13. Cutey Porcupiney

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a major spoiler. Cover itttt!:eek::cry:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    Lucy_ likes this.
  14. Hannah Potter

Hannah Potter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    EXACTLY! omg i just couldn’t agree more! every single thing u said! and the one "this story being the 1st draft"...... that's probably the best way to explain why this story is a mess! and i hated that part when it was revealed fl's mom was alive! i mean wtf? that would mean every thing fl went through was just in vain! and about the emperor....i also feel sad for him....i'm not justifying his actions...cus no matter what he shouldn’t have done that to a child even if that was the child of his enemy.....but he realised what he did was wrong and he was so miserable......i mean anyone would pity him...if we think about this it was probably really hard for him cus he lost the love of his life and his daughter....when he knew fl was his real daughter he tried his best!.....
    oh yes! about the duke! he was such a sweetheart! i love this character the most! also his family was really caring!
    moral of the story is this story could've been better.....but now it feels like this was written by two writer....the first one was a professional writer who wrote the storyline...the prolog.....
    and then he gave that to an amateur writer to write just whatever the hell he want

rOeV, Eraien, SweetHaru and 2 others like this.
  15. pixel alien

Reading List:
    Link
    Any idea when side stories are coming???

Cutey Porcupiney likes this.
  16. pixel alien

Reading List:
    Link
    Every fandom has an incorrect quotes
    here's mine
    Callix: Did you bring Griffith ?
    Leila , gesturing to Romeo: No, but I brought the next best thing.
    Callix: Romeo? The next best thing would be Oscar.
    Romeo: I would be offended, but Oscar is freakishly strong.

Griffith : I’ve done a lot of dumb stuff.
    Leila : I witnessed the dumb stuff.
    Oscar: I recorded the dumb stuff.
    Callix: I joined you in the dumb stuff.
    Romeo: I TRIED TO STOP YOU FROM DOING THE DUMB STUFF!

Romeo: So don't panic but one of us is possessed by an owl....
    Leila : ....
    Griffith : .....
    Oscar: ......
    Callix: ..Who?
    Romeo: That's the thing we don't-
    *Everyone stares at Callix*

Leila : You really put aside everything and came all this way for me? How did you even get here so fast?
    Oscar: Several traffic violations.
    Griffith : Three counts of resisting arrest.
    Callix: Roughly thirteen cans of energy drinks.
    Romeo: Also, that’s not our car.

Leila : What does “take out” mean?
    Callix : Food.
    Griffith : Dating.
    Romeo: Murder.
    Oscar : It can be all three if you’re brave enough.

The Squad: *walking at the mall*
    Oscar: Hey, have any of you guys seen Leila ? They’ve been gone for a while..
    Griffith : Eh, nope.
    Romeo: No, I haven’t...
    Callix: Probably ran off to McDonald’s or something.
    Leila : Hey.
    Oscar: Ooh, there you are-
    Griffith : What the fu-
    Callix: I- where were you?!
    Leila : Walking right behind you guys.

Leila : How are we supposed to put a tracker the size of a penny on Callix without them noticing?
    Griffith : Hey, Callix, I bet you 5 bucks that you can't swallow this penny.
    Callix: *takes and swallows tracker* Pay up, loser.
    Leila : .......

Romeo: Why would you think any of this was a good idea?
    Oscar: Probably because I’m a dangerous sociopath with a long history of violence.
    Romeo:.......
    Oscar: I don’t know how you keep forgetting this.

Griffith : It's locked. You got a lock pick?
    Romeo: Yeah-
    Oscar: *kicks in the door*

Griffith : It’s nice to be wanted, you know?
    Leila : Not by the law!

Oscar: I’m a reverse necromancer.
    Romeo: Isn’t that just killing people?
    Oscar: Ah, technically.

Griffith : You don't think I can fight because of my gender!
    Callix: I don't think you can fight because you're in a wedding dress. For what it's worth, I don't think Leila can fight in that dress either.
    Leila : Perhaps not. But I would make a radiant bride.

Callix: If I punch myself and it hurts, am I weak or strong?
    Leila : Strong.
    Oscar: Weak.
    Griffith : An idiot, is what your are.

Romeo: Do you even know what an amulet is?
    Callix: Of course I do! I eat amulets sometimes. I like the ones with cheese and onions!
    Romeo: Callix, those are omelettes.
    Callix: Oh. Then I’ve got nothing.

Callix: Do you think different paints have different tastes?
    Leila : They do.
    Oscar: ...Why did you say that with such certainty?

Griffith : What are you writing?
    Romeo: The government wants to know what kind of weapons we have in the house. I'm letting them know it's private information.
    Leila , looking over Romeo's shoulder: This just says 'fuck around and find out' in calligraphy.

Leila : *makes Oscar a cup of tea but puts salt in it*
    Oscar: *sips tea*
    Leila :.......
    Oscar: *finishes tea*
    Leila : Didn't it taste bad?
    Oscar: Yeah, but I didn't want to hurt your feelings so I drank it all.
    Leila , tearing up: Oh, okay.

Callix: That’s the longest worm I’ve ever seen.
    Romeo: That’s a snake.

Leila : It’s funny how well you and Romeo get along. Didn’t they hate you at first?
    Oscar: Romeo hates everybody at first. It’s their way of reaching out to people.

Callix, dramatically: They called me a fool.
    Oscar, sick of Callix's shit: They weren’t wrong.

Oscar: You're a lying piece of shit!
    Griffith : Oh yeah? You're the idiot that thinks you can get away with everything you do, WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!
    Callix: I'm leaving and I'm taking Romeo with me!
    Leila , gathering cards: Aaaaand that's enough Monopoly for today.

Griffith : I have yet to encounter a problem where a sword didn't factor into the solution at least in some way.

Leila : What do you have?
    Oscar: A KNIFE!
    Leila : NO!

Leila : Griffith is a perfect cinnamon scone who’s never done anything wrong in their entire life!
    Oscar: Never done anything wrong?! They set a city block on FIRE!

Griffith : So Callix was just using me?
    Leila : I’m sorry, Griffith .
    Oscar, trying to contain their amusement: You must feel pretty stupid right now.
    Griffith :............
    Leila : Ok, that’s a time-out.
    Oscar: No, I was just trying to-
    Leila : Go sit over there!
    Oscar: *walks away in defeat*

Callix: Why don't humans have a specific noise that means "there are bees here, let's leave immediately." Why are elephants more advanced than us.
    Romeo: We do have a specific noise for it. It sounds like this:
    Romeo: "There are bees here, let's leave immediately."

Griffith : *gets set on fire and screams in agony*
    Griffith : Nah, I’m just kidding. Fire does nothing to me.

Callix: I know what a prism is! It's where you put bad people

Oscar: Is this mistletoe?
    Leila : Uh, no, no, that is basil.
    Oscar: Too bad cause if it was mistletoe I was gonna kiss you.
    Leila : Yeah, no, it’s still basil.

Romeo: I do two things and two things only. I devastate sorry motherfuckers, and get shit done as an awesome leader.

Griffith : You were stabbed. Do you remember anything?
    Romeo: Only the ambulance ride to the hospital.
    Griffith : That wasn't an ambulance, I drove you.
    Romeo: But I heard a siren.
    Oscar: That was Callix.
    Callix: Sorry, I got nervous.

Leila : What’s wrong? You look 10 seconds away from ripping someone’s throat out.
    Oscar: Fucking Griffith and Romeo were trying to invoke one of the minor gods again last night. I didn't get an ounce of sleep, thanks to their bloody chanting.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  17. Cutey Porcupiney

Reading List:
    Link
    LOVE IT:blobokhand: IT'S HILARIOUS:blobrofl::blobrofl::blobjoy:

SweetHaru and Vaviana like this.
  18. roata11

roata11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally finished reading all spoiler whoah

Honestly with opinion from above that the story feel little bit a mess after romance is introduced
    Honestly still think her love toward Oscar just after effects of the love potion, and oscar being use holy artifact to bring leila back just author justification to bring them together

Honestly emperor killing his dead now live wife is over the top punishment form the author, yes he deserves that his daughter didn't want to see him, but bringing his wife back to life so just to punish him is just wrong

rOeV, Hannah Potter, Eraien and 6 others like this.
  19. pixel alien

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it wrong to say that I ship Griffith and Oscar????
    like I may not be a fujoshi but....you know every girl have fujoshi in them

Also is it okay if I post another incorrect quotes..I am having fun with them honestly

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021