Spoiler Dumb Husky and his White Cat Shizun

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Cypress, Feb 22, 2019.

1. kay12

kay12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When did Mo Ran know Xia Sini was Chu Wanning??

2. Shorng

Shorng Rotten BL Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    It's after the war end. When Mo Ran sacrifice himself and got caught in the portal(?) or monster (if I remember correctly) during that time, wanning went back to help him there and used up all his inner qi until he turned into his small version. I read this one so long ago that I can't remember clearly anymore lol but I just know it's at that time but don't know exactly which chapter. I wanna reread but I don't think I can go through those tear jerking lines anymore.

kay12 likes this.
  3. kay12

kay12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tysm! hahaha maybe you can skip the sad parts and read the cute and fluffy parts??
    Edit: was it when the heavenly rift happened again??

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  4. Shorng

Shorng Rotten BL Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, that's right.

And I low-key keep remembering when he "died" after this scene. I just remembered a lot hurting scene in this story more than when they were happy together, so I'm really afraid lmao it's worth rereading but I'm just a coward lolol

kay12 likes this.
  5. Aerides

Aerides Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just wanted to share my thoughts ... aka fangirling a damn good author's thought process.

• Was Chu Wanning really biased in saving Mo Ran, but not Shi Mei in previous timeline?
      Then why did Shi Mei die, and Mo Ran did not in the heavenly rift?

My thoughts:
    CWN is not biased. I think he would have done the same for Shi Mei if other factors had not prevented it.
    Other factors that were revealed in the later part of the novel that finally tied the loose ends.

It wasn't that CWN did not save Shi Mei. Shi Mei "died" because he had faked his death.
    After that, Shi Mei became Hua Bi Nan and Mo Ran started toying with 3 forbidden techniques.

• Why did Shi Mei fake his death?
    I think that it's because Mo Ran was still fighting against the effect of the Flower. Essentially, Mo Ran only turned his affection to Shi Mei after implanting the Flower. But he had not started misbehaving or turning cruel until Shi Mei died.

• Would CWN have died if he saved Shi Mei?
    In the first timeline, Mo Ran was with Shi Mei, so CWN as able to leave Shi Mei to Mo Ran's protection.
    CWN was also not badly wounded by Heartpluck Willow, or expending his energy interrogating Luo Xian Xian, then holding the barrier single handedly before Kun Lun sect arrived. So Shi Mei's chances of survival would have been much higher than Mo Ran's, despite his weaker constitution. CWN's chances of survival after saving Shi Mei was also higher because of Mo Ran's presence.
    In the second timeline, Mo Ran was alone, and CWN survival dropped significantly. So, dumb husky is really dumb for sending Shi Mei and Xue Meng away and leaving MR and CWN without any help.

• Would CWN become TXJ if ...
      Mo Ran had not taken the Flower in his place?
    This is purely speculation. But CWN is divine wood, and the Flower is probably a plant form. Based on the gourds incident, the Flower might not have as much impact on CWN as it did Mo Ran. Or that Shi Mei's plot would have failed entirely coz CWN is god-level boss and the Flower would not be able to control CWN at all. The novel ends in Chapter 1. After all, a piece of CWN's soul neutralised both Mo Ran 1.0 and TXJ. So dumb husky is really dumb and ignorant, but so pure and noble, to save his Shizun.

alexfilia likes this.
  6. kay12

kay12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve finished reading that and I’m having a hard time while reading it ಥ_ಥ. Lol yes it’s worth rereading tho, i will re-read it when i want to re-open the wounds again ig ಥ_ಥ

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    Shorng likes this.
  7. Shorng

Shorng Rotten BL Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Goodluck:cry:

What I think is a bit different, that is, Mo Ran was this powerful with the flower, so how much more powerful would CWN have been if he had taken it? If we think in a different perspective, that Mo Ran turned crazy revengeful after Shi Mei death as a trigger then, what would have trigger CWN if he taken the flower? Because CWN did have feelings for MR and MR also have feelings for CWN, so what would have happen? Will Shi Mei kill MR to trigger CWN? But CWN should be inject with the flower after he 'weakened'. Then the path would be so different and kinda confusing in my mind because there are so many possibilities that it would have been worse outcome even if CWN have a hard of gold, kind and all but it's not like Shi Mei has no trick to play. Maybe CWN would have turn to love Shi Mei just like MR did? There are so many path, so we should not think about it lol

Aerides likes this.
  8. Aerides

Aerides Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm: That is a good point. I never considered about the flower increasing Mo Ran's power. I've always assumed Mo Ran was powerful because of his genetics. It the flower enhanced the innate power, CWN would be too overpowered. So, the internal logic of Shi Mei originally choosing CWN still stands. And from a writer's point of view, it works better for Mo Ran to have the flower, and have someone more capable (CWN) to 'save' him.

I noticed how CWN's character design was already too overpowered that he had to be 'nerfed' from page 1. Loved how CWN was nerfed through several events and reasons that are tightly part of the plot, rather than just one reason; which a less capable writer would have done. And CWN needed to be overpowered, because the climax needed him to do impossible superhuman things.

As for triggering the evil CWN; assuming the flower had similar effect, he would have turned his feelings to Shi Mei. Somehow, I can't see CWN turning vengeful with Shi Mei or Mo Ran's death. Perhaps if Shi Mei gets exposed as butterfly-boned and was persecuted or bullied, CWN might turn protective and sympathetic to his cause... After thinking about it, the story wouldn't have worked or be as strong if it was evil CWN. Yeah, the possible paths are messy and too long to type here. Like Mo Ran powering up and leading the rebellion. Or CWN's affliction would not be secret anymore when Mo Ran escaped and told CWN or his uncle, which becomes a quest to cure CWN in early stages rather than redemption. :blobsweat:

So, again, I am in awe of Meatbun as a writer. If we flipped some alternatives, the plot falls apart. Meatbun's chosen plot elements are still the better options and tightly knit together.

Shorng likes this.
  9. Shorng

Shorng Rotten BL Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    What I think is a bit different, that is, Mo Ran was this powerful with the flower, so how much more powerful would CWN have been if he had taken it? If we think in a different perspective, that Mo Ran turned crazy revengeful after Shi Mei death as a trigger then, what would have trigger CWN if he taken the flower? Because CWN did have feelings for MR and MR also have feelings for CWN, so what would have happen? Will Shi Mei kill MR to trigger CWN? But CWN should be inject with the flower after he 'weakened'. Then the path would be so different and kinda confusing in my mind because there are so many possibilities that it would have been worse outcome even if CWN have a hard of gold, kind and all but it's not like Shi Mei has no trick to play. Maybe CWN would have turn to love Shi Mei just like MR did? There are so many path, so we should not think about it lol
    Yup :cookie: Meatbun's stories are the best :blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR:

10. kay12

kay12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Shorng thx I’ll be fine, good luck for you too if you re-read it ಥ_ಥ

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    Shorng likes this.
  11. Chenqing

Chenqing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've always been under the impression that the flower simply unlocked Mo Ran's potential because he wasn't held back by his morals, therefore developing the advanced chess technique. If CWN has it he would have gone wild with advanced creating new spells probably. Truly a god level boss.

It would be funny if CWN had fallen in love with shi mei. when mo ran liked shi mei CWN didn't do anything and was merely wallowing miserably in his jealousy. but if mo ran was the jealous one instead?? he would be yearning for shizun's affection, spoil him with endless gifts, seek his attention constantly.. we would have gotten a lot of fluff, even if CWN would later forget about them as the flower grows inside him :blobsob::blobsob:
    idk if CWN would become evil, but if he does, then mo ran and xue meng would work together to try to cure their shizun. the flower also lowers his inhibition, so maybe we will get a horny shizun... :blobhyperthink::blobhyperthink: a CWN who tries to jump on mo ran's dick in battle!! or is CWN's face still too thin for that? :blobrofl::blobrofl:
    dunno whether mo ran could find out that CWN was corrupted by the flower, or whether mo ran could use his soul to save CWN the way CWN managed to save him. anyway one of them would die in battle and it would break the surviving one. maybe the ending will be tragedy :blobpensive::blobpensive:

Aerides likes this.
  12. Shorng

Shorng Rotten BL Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that right? The flower potential is to corrupt the heart then. Because from what Moran experience, he forgot about how good CWN was at the beginning, including his good feelings turned into bad. This thing is so tricky and I don't think anyone can stop CWN if he were to be the one got corrupt. At the last life, CWN was so powerful but he still lose to Moran. He pulled through those tutoring but still died. But his death ended Moran obsession.
    Because, you know that Moran was also a good person at first. Though, he's still a good person at the end of the day :(

Back and forth, at the end I don't think it will be happy ending because CWN already so op and if he were to got the flower, Moran won't have enough skill, nor anyone can stop him. Maybe, there might be another powerful person in the world came to stop him, but that's something else we can't be sure about and that won't be any angst with our dumb puppy anymore lol I can't imagine those different path anymore :cautious::cry::notworthy:

Aerides likes this.
  13. AzureNetherworld

AzureNetherworld Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey all,
    I don’t read BL but the fandam of 2ha keeps crying about wontons, meatbuns and “goodnight, mo ran.” which made me curious. Everyone’s so secretive of it that I couldn’t even find any answers online. can anyone on this page spoil me ?

14. Shorng

Shorng Rotten BL Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    You're not reading BL, but curious about it?o_O Are you having some interest now?(y):)

15. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You dont read BL? So why'd you be curious abt BL?
    Are you sure you're going to plunge the black hole?? Almost everyone wont come up to the sun.

16. Gwennie Call

Gwennie Call Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I'm not sure about "goodnight, mo ran" (look, it's over 300 chapters long! The last 150 are in 'cleaned up' machine translation which still makes my brain bleed!) and meatbun is just part of the author's pen name (肉包不吃肉, Ròu Bāo Bù Chī Ròu). But I know about the wontons!

Ok, so 2ha is, at its most basic and simplified level, a kind of love triangle between three men: Chu Wanning, Mo Ran, and Shi Mei. (yes, the latter has what's technically a girl's name; it doesn't matter). It also has more than one timeline.

At the beginning of the first timeline, Mo Ran is infatuated with Shi Mei and hates his Shizun, Chu Wanning. Mo Ran particularly loves that Shi Mei makes wontons for him. At some point, Shi Mei dies, and Mo Ran finds Chu Wanning making wontons. Incensed that his horrible teacher is copying his dead 'friend', and holding him responsible for the friend's death, Mo Ran yells at Chu Wanning and dumps the wontons on the floor.

Got it?

Now, in the second timeline, Chu Wanning is the one who dies (not permanently!), and Mo Ran learns that it was always Chu Wanning who made him wontons, from the very start. He just told Shimei to pretend he made them, because Chu Wanning knew Mo Ran didn't like him and would never accept anything from him.

So, if you just mention wontons around 2ha fans, prepare for tears.

Edited because I remembered you said you don't read BL. Um. 2ha, or The Dumb Husky and his White Cat Shizun is not the right BL novel to start with. It's got so many twists and turns, you'll just be confused and annoyed. And that's before the . . . other stuff.

I watched The Untamed first, then I read Mo Dao Zu Shi - it's more of an easing-in process. Also, if you want something shorter still, there's Faraway Wanderers (Tian Ya Ke), which was filmed as Word of Honor (still available on youtube, but think fast).

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  17. Chenqing

Chenqing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Good night, Mo Ran" is a quote from CWN when Mo Ran was lying in bed dying after his core was dug out by Mu Yanli in Tianyin Pavilion.
    The full quote is:
    "Good night, Mo Ran.
    The night is long, but I will stay with you. May you have a good dream, a fire, and a light.
    And a home."
    This is because Mo Ran was a homeless orphan who was taken in by Xue Zhengyong bc he thought Mo Ran was his nephew. If I remember correctly CWN once noticed that Mo Ran was always frowning in his sleep, showing that he's constantly restless and lived in anxiety. He was also haunted by the poisoned flower in his heart, making him constantly feel like the world was dark and he was alone. So after CWN found out about the flower, he promised to stay with Mo Ran no matter what Mo Ran had done.
    The morning after CWN woke up, Mo Ran was already dead.

Wonton was the food made by CWN to apologize to Mo Ran (as explained by the reply before mine). I want to add that after CWN's death (he was later revived) his ghost came back on the 7th day after his death (based on chinese legend), and because his deepest regret in life was not being able to fix his relationship with Mo Ran while he was alive, CWN's ghost went to the kitchen to make wontons and deliver it to Mo Ran as apology for scolding him too hard and giving him a whipping. Mo Ran saw this ghost and followed him to the underworld to revive him. Thus Mo Ran found out that his shizun actually cared for him very much.

Meatbun is the author's nickname.

I don't think ppl were being intentionally secretive its just that its a bit hard to explain and understand the emotional significance of wontons or the quote without actually reading the novel.

18. Ylang Ylang

Ylang Ylang Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg thank you!❤❤❤

Polinsesi likes this.
  19. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too bad, that was how disciplinary punishments worked back then, but he did felt bad for Mo Ran and and asked Shi Mei to bring him the wontons he made hoping to cheer him up tho

Question:
    I saw from a spoiler a few pages back, that TLJ became an undead servant of 1st life Shi Mei, may I know TLJ's experiences after coming back as a zombie then finally merging with our Lovely (debatable) Mo Ran???

Question:
    I saw from a spoiler a few pages back, that TLJ became an undead servant of 1st life Shi Mei, may I know TLJ's experiences after coming back as a zombie then finally merging with our Lovely (devatableMo Ran

20. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link