Discussion What is the cruelest punishment that could be legal today?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mount Tai Unleashed, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    I was watching this documentary on a supermax prison in the usa and it was freaky lol
    And I got to thinking, what could be worse than being housed in a supermax prison?

I thought that permanently being tied down and gagged, then connected to feeding tubes and toilet apparatuses so you could never move or leave for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week until you die would be absolutely horrifying.

And the only contact with others you had was a small crew of silent masked men that cleaned you up and checked your health once a week and that was it.

2. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Solitary confinement, 'nuff said

ANonMouse likes this.
  3. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think that could be legal. That's too much restrain and will most likely be controversial especially toward human right activist.
    Try the solitary room. Everything there painted white with three times feeding through a small food slot as the most interaction you get.

And i think this still exist till today

S4TY4, reagents 11 and ANonMouse like this.
  4. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't prisoners have to get exercise time? 0.o

5. Mount Tai Unleashed

Reading List:
    Link
    Exercise isn't a necessity for living and can be discarded if the government is cruel enough

6. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yikes O_O

Prisoners would die real fast then, with no exercise.

7. Mount Tai Unleashed

Reading List:
    Link
    Think of it as being like those comatose patients in hospitals that spend decades asleep after heavy head injuries, being kept alive with feeding tubes etc but you're awake, aware and unable to move.

8. phonebinder

phonebinder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the Death Sentence still a thing?

9. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    yes on some countries~
    there also type death sentence still on legal system but not carried out despite given to someone, there term for that but this cat forget it~ so a person get death sentence but it may never carry out, stay on jail forever~ iirc South Korea have such system~ on Japan the death sentence inmates never told when they will executed, but idk do it still exist or not~
    on Indonesia death sentence still exist and last time iirc 2015~16? firing squad~
    btw South East Asia countries is pretty tough on drug crimes so smuggle drug can end with firing squad~

you can read wiki article about country with death sentence for introduction of such thing~

phonebinder likes this.
  10. Haniyeh

Haniyeh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering is death sentence not a just punishment for someone who have killed another person?
    I was watching this video about how you shouldn't ruin your life by a moment of anger and he said that by killing someone you spend 7 years in prison. 7 years for killing a human and ruinimg a family or more. Just 7 years eating and sleeping in prison. I don't know. It has been on my mind for some time now.

11. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It does depend on how bad the crime is. If you want the death penalty for killing someone accidentally in a fight, then it might be excessive, but there are some who plan out a murder or just kill people casually just because they were there. These I might say that it is just. I've watched a real life crime series where someone broke into a girl's house and raped her, she got away and ran into the neighborhood, some guy driving past did not see the girl but saw the man running so he pulled up and asked him what was wrong and the criminal just shot him because the driver saw his face. Then he killed the girl as well. It's hard to say that someone like that did not deserve death since he killed someone else just for looking at him. Or the kid who wanted to "play" with his new rifle, so shot a random jogger to death. Hard to say that these killers don't deserve to have the same thing done to them.

As far as the worst punishment done today legally, it's probably caning and is usually used for crimes that the person can't compensate for like rape and outrage of modesty though other cases exist. Unofficially? Rape. In rural countries and areas, sometimes the "village elder" can order such a punishment like "Your brother raped this girl, to be fair, the girl's brothers must rape you back", which while seemingly even handed, is kind of wacked since it was her brother that did it, not her.

Haniyeh likes this.
  12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    depend on country
    some typical that may lead to death squad

murder, on scale to vicious, sadistic or thing like that~ example serial killer or genocide.... hey there also bunch of war crimes~

act against state~ it kinda vary from rebellion, attempt or successful killing state leader, espionage stuff, overthrow government

terrorism, well it act that endangered national security, disrupt public peace, and plenty on nasty stuff basically really bad

corruption, oh well china do have this one~

drugs..... yup~

basically there crimes against a person, crimes againts state, and bunch of other so you not need to kill somebody to get firing squad fire at you~

13. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    Death sentences are archaic and immoral. And i think it's the easy way out and not the cruelest punishment. I would say that "enhanced interrogation techniques", but those are illegal now. As such, i think the cruelest is solitary confinement over a long period of time.

Mnotia likes this.
  14. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    This actually detailed experiment in project MK ULTRA in theoretically trying to reduce the cognitive capacities of a human beings to that simpler minds of animals by denying them interactions and enrichment at the extreme. It doesn't works quite the way they envisions it to be since no matter how obedient the subject become (save for the majority that resorts into self harm and suicidal acts as immediate results) they mostly did not show indication of becoming dumber after the experiment.

These days tortures (called enhanced interrogation techniques/programs) that they performs to break prisoners involves keeping the prisoner continually awake while constantly disrupting their thoughts either by loud shaking noises, electric shocks, or physical stimulation (beatings) to keep them off focus or sleep. These techniques directly taken from the MK ULTRA projects that is so effective the prisoner would break within 3 days or less.

15. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Stoning. Yes, it's still a legal punishment in some parts of the world. By stoning, Ai-chan means stoned to death.

Some people would say that being tied up in a barn and milked while being bred as you moo aloud would be kind of bad for some people. But for Ai-chan, that's kind of arousing. Too bad Ai-chan can't ever pass as a cow, but Waiwai can.

16. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I gotta go with the "Unwholly" story idea.

If you fuck up badly then your fucking organs just get harvested and you get put in a camp with other people. Essentially A people farm.

The tough thing about this is that we have to be 10000% they did the crime.