Spoiler The kids have changed

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Kopo

Kopo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It got dropped.....?:blobfearful: Nooo(╥﹏╥)
    I really Love this novel~ :blobsob: Hoping someone will pick up again this story(TдT)

leyeh2 girl likes this.
  2. iactuallyfrhateithere

iactuallyfrhateithere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is the heroine evil?

3. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    No,
    MC raised her to be a good hooman and graceful wooman:blobReach:

4. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mc raised the heroine? i only remember her raising carol (villainess) and julian (ml). i've heard nothing about the heroine or whether she appeared in the story at all so far in this thread.

Elisee likes this.
  5. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh,, im sorry,, it was a mistake
    I have mistaken Carol with og!MC/heroine
    I'm sorry:notlikeblob::blobpats:

6. ariaash

ariaash Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    please tell me where i can read the full chapter of this series except through kakaopage

layyu likes this.
  7. layyu

layyu Adopt me plsss

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Ridibooks or Naver...

8. Itssalwa

Itssalwa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Moarrr spoilers pwease :aww: Especially i want to know who is the ori!FL :blobpopcorn_cool:

9. Brown sugar

Brown sugar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When i read the prologue it was hinted that the MC is originally Sharon and she was reborn to Korea. At her last moments it seemed that Julian hated her. So i want to know what happened exactly in the her first life as Sharon??

Note_12, layyu and Lucila like this.
  10. KristinaMariaSara

KristinaMariaSara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Original Sharon and MC are the same person?
    i think that madame dejoue is hiding something.

Anyone knows what happen to Carol and Julien’s plan to “chain” Sharon in their world and monopolize her?

11. Kawaii Panda

Kawaii Panda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, who's Haru again? Its been a year since I last saw this

12. AugusteDaisy

AugusteDaisy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think haru is julien's best friend/aide? The one that end up marrying carol at the end

hongmeowpanda and darkcrystal like this.
  13. euniicorn_ace

euniicorn_ace Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers!! I can't wait for more chapters to come up in the manhwa adaptation

14. Trulycloudy

Trulycloudy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    carol wants to take over the duchy and support the prince to become an emperor. She doesn't want to marry him, she literally hates him. She's afraid of Sharon leaving since she's heard her talking about leaving multiple times while she was sleeping. And if Julien becomes emperor he can hold on to Sharon, and get excess to the magic books that only emperor's can read. Since they both have suspicions about Sharon's identity and her leaving.

In the og timeline carol didn't love Julien as well. She was only desperate to stick to him since the duchess stole all her inheritance and she lacked knowledge. Julien was her lifeline.

Moreover, carol inheriting the duchy made me so proud since she came so far from being a rude and stupid child to a independent smart young lady. If she became an empress like the duchess and empress wanted her to be she'd just stay being a tool.

the duchess isn't carols biological mother. Carol is the daughter of lily, the woman the duke was in love with when he was studying overseas. But he had an arranged marriage with Sarah, but she was infertile. The duke wanted to raise carol as a legitimate child, but the duchess made him agree that all rights on carol would be passed to her. That's why the duke couldn't get involved in carols life even though he loved her (he's still a dick though, there were many things he could've done)

Duchess killed a maid so Sharon planned to send her to prison. The duchess failed to cover up the incident and was sent to prison. The duke divorced sarah. Sharon bailed her and exiled her to another country.

After this incident, the duke talked to Sharon, thanked her for taking care of carol blah blah. He's pathetic asf. As a duke he could've done so much to protect carol but he didn't. Duke agreed to work with and support Sharon to protect carol. He asked Sharon to handle the duchy's affair till caron grows up.

I just wanna rant about the duke. Yeah he loves carol, but so what? It was blatant neglect. In the og timeline carol was brainwashed by the duchess, was stupid, and was cheated of all her inheritance. What was the duke even doing. Sharon, a child managed to get rid of the duchess but he chose to turn a blind eye to carols pain with the excuse of the 'contract'. And while carol was alone in that big ass mansion he was out sleeping with his other lovers. He says he loves her but wtf. If he had time to f4ck around couldn't he spend time with his daughter:( or plan to save his daughter from the duchess. AND HE KNEW, THE SHIT SHE WAS TEACHING CAROL BUT HE JUST HID AWAY THINKING IT WAS BEST FOR CAROL. I HATEEE HIM TO BAD

she's a maid of the palace and a nice person. She's talented in making laces, Sharon helped her start a business to sell her laces.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  15. KOOJUNGMO

KOOJUNGMO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Camping here! It has been adapted as a manhwa

It’s because the prince is the male lead and carol had no romantic feelings for him

CaelumBlue likes this.
  16. tropical_witch

tropical_witch Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the whole concept of this novel is really interesting but it ended up falling into the "raise your spouse" trope that gives me the icks

17. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lovina and CaelumBlue like this.
  18. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering the fact that the FL Nara Lee/Sharen has the memories of a 35 years old educater (Age 28 in the webtoon adaptation) and that this smart motherly caretacker still falls for the ML Yurhin Urkan von Cosalbata whom she has considered as her dear fosterling since he was a 8 years old child.....
    It is gross since she sees herself as a parental guardian figure.
    Even though I find this story very interesting...., the Fantasy Child Grooming is the most problematic aspect of that plot.

The first English Fan-Translator thursdays-updates stopped working on this novel story after Ch47 because they found it too disturbing and uncomfortable that the FL choose to return the romantic feelings of the ML that she (personally) raised into a fine young adult man.
    Their translated chapters + comments have been long deleted.

Webtoon Chapters:
    https://tapas.io/series/the-kids-have-changed
    https://www.mangago.me/read-manga/the_kids_have_changed/

Last edited: Sep 26, 2023
    layyu likes this.
  19. Rebochan

Rebochan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This isn’t child grooming and it’s frankly offensive to appropriate the terminology of child abuse like that.

First, the protagonist is a child. She remembers a past life where she wasn’t a child, but she’s not an adult. She’s starting out as an eight year old. Besides, if we take your logic to its extreme, then it implies that it would be okay for her to date 35-year-olds, right? Because even though she looks like an eight year old, that’s her “real” age. I don’t think that’s what anyone wants to imply, but if you create that kind of rule that the mental age of a transmigrated protagonist is their real age welllllll…

Second, grooming would imply an adult deliberately raising a child with the explicit intent of having a sexual relationship.

Which this FL does not. Returning feelings freely given is not grooming just because she used her memories of her past life as an educator to help protect him when they were *both* children.

Look the truth of the matter is, if we treat every isekai’d or reborn protagonist who awakens at a younger age than the age they were before they died as if they are actually that age, then every romance is a “forbidden age gap”. Because the protagonist is always going to be depicted having love interests that match their physical age and not their mental age. Because no author is going to write or draw a child or teenager or infant dating someone that is an adult! So unless you want every single isekai’d romance protagonist to live in a monastery to make sure no age gap relationships can take place based on their mental OR physical age, you’re going to have to accept the logic in this genre that the past life is a guideline but not who they really are.

sareenmomo, Nanashy, Kitsuna and 4 others like this.
  20. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Red Herring & Straw Man Fallacy.....

It's all about the context and circumstances of power dynamics.

Well, it may not be (intentional) grooming but it still quite very bizaare weird that a child that you have raised/fostered in one way or another and have seen every steps of them growing up becomes your spouse at the end.
    Take for example, the protagonists of 'Hana to Akuma', 'Usagi Drop', 'If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord' & The Tyrant's Guardian Is an Evil Witch also didn't deliberately groomed/raised their adoptive child into their bride..... And look how that worked out in the end.

Of course, a transmigrated Rofan FL like Sharen who has the soul of an experienced grown up in a younger prettier body of a child has no any bad intentions when it comes to training/nurturing someone with the vast knowleddge of almost knowing everything about them for the sake of her own survival or to prevent the OG Hero/Villain from blackening.....
    But the way I see it, she herself sees clearly the Kids Villainess Carrel and Male Lead Yurhin as little helpless puppies in dire need of guidance and support.
    So all things considered they are not really equals to each other since she has been literally parenting them the whole time.
    "Why Are My Kids So Pitiful?" - Sharen's thoughts in Webtoon Ch15.

I don't mind, if Transmigrator Sharen stays single and rather feel more comfortable, if she as a grown adult ends up with someone whom she didn't bring up as a
    pedagogue.

Apart from that, this is just currently my personal reading on that issue.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2023