Discussion Girl's of the Wild (webtoon)

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Thousandswords, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Thousandswords

Thousandswords SWORD OF PENETRATION

Reading List:
    Link
    So...I was bored and looking for good materials to read which had action and a decent amount of chapters. And, I came across this webtoon, Girl's of the Wild.
    The first few chapters seemed great. With tension and motivation. But then after about 50+ chapter it turned into a pure comedy.
    Some guy almost killed the protagonists little siblings by giving them food that gave them food poisoning. The guy humiliated and bullied the protagonist for no reason. But suddenly after all that buildup, the protagonist suddenly became frenemies with that awful guy. It was so abrupt that I thought the protagonist had mental problems. All that tension gone in an instant!
    Then a guy was going around breaking arms and threatening people, but suddenly he became friends with the protagonist and stared hanging around.
    After that, what came was chapter after chapter of comedy. Which made me wonder if I was reading the same webtoon anymore. So, I stopped at chapter 70.
    So, is anyone here read this shit beyond chapter 70? If so, does it get serious again?

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  2. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, it was a romcom the whole time, while pretending to be a harem even. How did you miss that?

Thousandswords likes this.
  3. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Serious in what sense? although, it got awesome moves and action, but that webtoon is mainly romance and comedy, there is no getting better, it is just like that XD

4. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I recommend The Breaker Series and Until Death Do Us Part, if you are just looking for Action.

5. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    The Breaker series is awesome

Personally, I like many parts from the awkward love interest to women being predominantly fighters. But after awhile it starts to change directions and I just lost interest. So a good start, but fails in the follow through thou. Still it’s worth reading. At least in the beginning

6. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Back when I read it, I was attracted to it being a fighting comic, then all of the fighting went away.

7. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Give Until Death Do Us Part a try, it's as awesome as The Breaker or even better when it comes to Action Scenes.

8. Thousandswords

Thousandswords SWORD OF PENETRATION

Reading List:
    Link
    I was going in blind.

Ok... thanks!

perspherspley likes this.