Discussion What do you like better?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bobwillrule, Aug 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Bobwillrule

Bobwillrule Supreme Ruler of Bobylon

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you guys like manga style or webtoon style better? Like if both of them had the same plot but the dialogues and art are different.
    Or you could like novels better.
    Also what are the pros and cons of each?
    I'm a manga reader but I'm thinking of trying webtoons out.

2. Deleted member 367916

Deleted member 367916 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  3. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends 2 things, drawing quality and story quality.

4. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    You know what a manga is so I will talk about webtoons XD
    It depends on the webtoon in question but webtoons are made to look like a toon or rather a non animated anime. Reading a webtoon gives a weird feeling of being in the process of watching an anime while what you are actually doing is just reading a colored list of images and texts, it is quite the entertaining style XD
    As for pros and cons, I suppose, manga got a more flexible style than a webtoon, like how to size the characters, panels and and how to arrange them in the page while it is generally the same style for webtoons which is an image below and image or rather, a list of consecutive scenes that are usually in order XD
    Novels might be better in the sense that they might offer more details about a scene or event but if you prefer images then you are likely to chose manga or webtoon rather than the novel XD
    Btw, if you think of trying out webtoons, may I suggest that you give "Noblesse" a try?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2021
    Bobwillrule likes this.
  5. akiraa

akiraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when i’m with you :blobpeek:

on another note, these days i like webtoon better. i used to be a manga-only reader though. i think it’s just a preference switch due to aging because i can’t think of any reason for liking webtoon more than manga.

6. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the story I'm reading, but lately, the webtoon Secret Class is an example of a good webtoon.

Bobwillrule likes this.
  7. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Manga is better for me because 1 page is full

Because webtoon designed to be looking from phone, most of the page are blank, you see his eyes in spotlight and then you scroll down blank page and then another eyes stare back and then scroll down another blank page..... basically webtoon full of blank page

Bobwillrule likes this.
  8. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Webtoons (in this case, comics produced in the web form and read by scrolling down rather than flipping pages) are nice, but I have to be scrolling half the time because my reading (skimming) speed is pretty fast. They have pretty big gaps between panels sometimes. It does present a more fluid story, though. And I can't (well, it's harder to) accidentally read things out of order like I can with traditional comic format.

Traditional comic format like with most manga with denser-packed panels isn't bad either, of course. But at this point I read webtoon-type comics way more, as I'm reading manga less and less and a lot of newer online comics not from Japan are in webtoon format. It's also somewhat more difficult to imagine characters' canonical hair color as, say, bright blue, when the black-and-white coloring in the comic is white.

As for me personally, I started reading only manga, but nowadays I mostly read a mix of manhua, manhwa, and manga.

Bobwillrule likes this.
  9. Deleted member 321603

Deleted member 321603 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    when I am with you :)

webtoon!!!

10. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Manga~

11. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Webtoons is shit. Well most of them clearly low effort bullcrap and i hate the fact that they somehow sells.

12. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    I tend to like manga art more. I just never really clicked with webtoon art.