Spoiler Please be patient, Grand Duke /Finding Camellia/참아주세요, 대공

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by limueee, Nov 29, 2020.

1. mj209

mj209 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I bought the novel through Ridibooks, :blobokhand: which I highly recommend as it supports the author, but if you search 0nl!ne may find a novel pub that is currently translating it (by fans for fans of course) but does not support the author :blobsad:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  2. Jo5ee

Jo5ee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But all this is still the marquise fault no doubt

3. harmoniche

harmoniche Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it in English on ridibooks

4. akera93

akera93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A**holes in the story:

- MC's dad. He cheated on his wife (yes she became bitchy later but that is unimportant at this time). Whether he never loved her or was forced to marry her or whatever, the piece of shit cheated.

- The marchioness. The bitch involved her own child. I honestly would not have cared if she threw the MC's mom out to die. Fight me on this but I don't give a shit about cheaters so the MC's mom isn't a pitiful honest person either. If the marchioness took offence in the cheating (as she should) and plotted to get the treacherous maid out without harming her own child, I wouldn't think that she is wrong.
    So, again, she is a huge antagonist in this story because she hurt and nearly killed her own child not because she hated and mistreated the MC's mom.

- MC's mom: To the best of my knowledge, the MC's dad didn't force himself on her, this wasn't a " you work for me so better have sex or I'll throw you out" kinda situation. If that was the case, she'd be a victim but from my knowledge she is just a bad person who bit the hand that fed her and slept with her married boss under the same roof as his wife. Major bitch move.

Camellia suffered for her entire life because of these 3 assholes. I didn't read the story thinking "oh the marchioness is the only bitch in this story". Everything started with the cheating dad and the maid who didn't know her place and then it escalated from there.
    MC's brother is a delightful character though so it's great to see that garbage parents like his gave birth to a wonderful if like him.

5. mj209

mj209 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I access ridibooks through Chrome and use the translation but no official translation in English yet… in this forum they said that the author will selling the novel in English … looking foreward to that :blobmelt:

OKDR and harmoniche like this.
  6. milktea05

milktea05 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    spoiler on the romance????

7. mj209

mj209 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I agree even in the end the mother just seemed like a victim… she even was part of the attackers group :hmm:

true is nice to see Kieran ended up being a gentleman and his personality is nothing compared to his parents :blob_pompom:

ArkiV_10 and zozoshawky like this.
  8. Ariawolfgar

Ariawolfgar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @limueee THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR ALL THE SPOILERS!!! They were great!! Please if tou remember something else do share! I had so much fun!

Nishichi, limueee and Selyncandy like this.
  9. babayagu

babayagu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did Anastasia marry the marquis out of love? Was it ever made clear it was nothing more than a political marriage out of necessity?
    While it wouldn't change much, it would change SOME things. In the case where Anastasia was made aware of the circumstances of her marriage, the act of cheating itself wouldn't be the issue at hand here, but the lack of respect. The marquis could have technically have his cake and eat it had he not allowed his mistress, his pregnant mistress to live under the same roof as his lawful wife, nor allow her to gain status among the servants.
    By doing so, he threatened Anastasia and her son's position, embarrassed her in a society where reputation and appearance matter most, and most likely, disrespected and broken whatever possible social contract they had going on, regardless. HOWEVER, this minute detail, would also absolve FL's mother of the fault of cheating, while still holding her accountable for her arrogance in flaunting her pregnancy and love received.
    If this is true, this means that Anastasia should have expected this much from her future marriage, especially if it was a loveless, political one. What she probably didn't expect, was how crass, clumsy and inept her husband was in handling it.

This also means FL's mother wasn't committing a faux pas in having an affair, but rather in how she handled it.

All in all, the only monster in this story is the marquis. Anastasia was a monster of his own making, who probably acted no different than most nobels in her situation. Doesn't mean she was morally right to do this, but had she stopped her revenge at FL's mother and her husband, little fault could have been found with her.

Like all things in life, the parents do, and the children pay the price.

If you're JUST talking about getting along and respect, sure, absolutely, but nobody owes nobody their love, other than to their children.
    While men historically have enjoyed a more powerful position in society, if not THE most powerful, in the literary world, such as the novels we all enjoy, we've seen how even men fall prey to power struggles, hidden agendas and personal interest. Nobody LOVES being forced and having their life dictated by outside forces, unless it is a price they are willing to pay for whatever goal they are looking to achieve.
    The only reason men are capable to come to terms more easily with such arrangements, is because of the power and exception society allows in their case - affairs, for one, and lack of condemnation if love does not sprout between the couple. Could the condemning married women for having affairs be based on biology and a lack of paternity tests? Sure. Could this restriction be bypassed by coming to an agreement of sorts such as how many children they should have before taking in lovers? Or not meeting the lover during the time span they are trying for a child? Absolutely. Could such an agreement not even be needed in a fantasy world where magic exists and a paternity test wouldn't be too farfetched of an idea? Yep!

Sure, if both partners were forced into the marriage by outside forces and circumstances, one partner abusing and disrespecting the other because of misplaced anger at the situation at hand is inexcusable and shitty. However, I also believe that people have the right to choose - no matter how endearing we might find a person in this situation trying to sow the seed of love and actively trying to make the marriage more than a political contraption, if the other person is not open, forcing that on them is equally as shitty.

Also, being forced into a marriage isn't just being forced once - it is a life long arrangement that has lasting consequences and affects all aspects of life. We feel the same about women being forced into loveless marriages with ugly, crass men. The same sympathy should be offered to men as well.

Once again, though, the marquis is the ultimate villain in this story because he didn't offer the minimum of respect to his wife by allowing the affair to be in the open as such, and for there to be a power shift, no matter how small, in the household. His behavior in the novel defies all arguments and ways of handling such a fate. And at end of the day, FL was his blood child and it was his moral job to ensure her basic needs are met, and offer her protection, if nothing else. He allowed Anastasia to use and harm his child right under his eyes, a child he willingly made with his mistress and a child which he condemned to a life of struggle and extreme poverty by willingly making her mother the scapegoat to his marital problems and breaking of his social contract. Whatever excuse he had for this allowance, be it appearance, status or guilt towards his lawful wife for his disrespect, mistakes, and/if lack of love towards her, FL's life was not a bargaining chip nor at his disposal. He should have paid with his own well-being and comfort; he simply shifted the blame and once again resorted to his favourite modus operandi - finding a convenient scapegoat.

All in all, I just don't personally agree with the idea that a person in a social contract owes their partner love and monogamy, beyond respect and friendship for the sake of appearance and children, if such things are not explicitly stated beforehand. Unless the social contract was made under duress or where the partner proposing the contract oe being the other involved party has the explicit upper hand (such as threatening the family), whatever a person accepts in a contract it's on them and their responsibility. We all pay a price for our goals.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    OKDR likes this.
  10. chastity098

chastity098 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  11. Furiae19

Furiae19 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the first chapters and so far it's been like this : Camellia: *exists*
    The ML: Umm, she's interesting :blobamused:
    And I f***ing hate that trope, please someone tell me that they have actual chemistry later in the story

12. Trexie_thegOoDgurlUvU

Trexie_thegOoDgurlUvU Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the previous comments

13. limueee

limueee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're looking for a more hot and intense romance between our FL and ML see below.

I really enjoy this author and have purchased most of her books (the majority are all modern romance and REALLY HOT). She has a way with sexual tensions throughout her writing. I highly recommend if you can, please purchase her other works to support this author.

Tidbits from chapter 73-81

• After their first night together, while Claude wants to make love to Lia again, the door to her room is opened as Prince Wade starts to come in.
    • Freaked out, Lia dives under the covers as Fallon (폴른을 ) (Claude’s falcon that has been sending messages to Lia while Claude was away at war) attacks Wade.:blobupset:
    • Screaming Wade backs into the hallway yelling at Fallon and Claude asking why hasn’t he trained his animal yet.
    • Claude tells Fallon good job and then asks why Wade is here. :blobamused:
    • Wade grins telling Claude he’s jealous wants to see Camelian since he heard Claude is with him.
    • Claude cryptically tells Wade there is no Camelian in this room, only his woman, his Clematis.
    • Surprised, Wade’s like huh? Claude has found his lifelong mate? :hmm:
    • Claude won’ reveal Lia’s gender to Prince Wade yet.
    • Wade shakes his head commenting, that Claude is the only one that can get away with being rude to him.
    • Claude asks him why he’s truly here. Wade tells him it honestly was to see Camelian because news has arrived the Marquis of Bale’s home was attacked last night.
    • Claude looks to see out their window that Kieran is rushing in a carriage to head out.
    • Wade informs him the assailants were the anti-government group who stole diamonds from the Marquis’s home and attacked their butler. Some of the anti-government invaders were killed and those that lived fled with the diamonds. Finally, Wade tells him the Marchioness reported Camelian Bale was missing and accused Camelian was behind the attacks with the anarchist group.
    • A witness has come forth saying they saw Camelian at the Louvre last night.
    • Claude hearing those words laughs as he knows where Lia has been all night. In bed with him.
    • Wade is worried for Camelian and Claude reassures him he is to heads back inside the room.
    • Lia is in front of a mirror brushing her hair with only a shirt on thinking of getting dressed. “Beautiful, no matter what you look like"
    • Claude gently brushes her hair and then kisses her neck and begins to unbutton her shirt.
    • “So, not yet. I don’t think I can let you get out of here today.” :blobowoevil_horns:
    ---
    • A rushed Kirnan arrives at his home and is telling the inspector and his mother that SHE is wrong as it could NOT have been “Lian”
    • The Marchioness is yelling what are you talking about!!!?!
    • The confused Inspector tells Kieran that no one is accusing the 2nd son of house Bale and will talk to all witnesses separately.
    • Kieran guides his mother to a study room and closes the door. There she yells at him how could he embarrass her like that?!? How can he contradict her testimony and humiliate her so?
    • Kieran tells his mother to calm down and how dare she point out an innocent child, like his sister. :blobangery:
    • He starts to question his mother’s evidence and then tells her she’s wrong because he KNOWS that Lian was with the Duke of Ihar all last night and he knows she is a woman.
    • Kieran wants to question who’s this “witness” is that says they call Lia as he knows it’s false.
    • Anastasia starts to go into hysterics as Kieran orders a servant to put his mother in her room and calls a doctor to look after her mental collapse.
    • Kieran confronts his father who is there and tells him he remembers who held his hand that fateful night. It was not Lia’s mom, it was his own mother that was holding his hand.
    ---
    • Lia is trying to put on clothing. Irritated as every time she tried to get dressed Claude with pull her back into bed and make love again and again.
    • It’s already past noon and so she rushes to the bathroom to change as Claude is answering calls.
    • Protesting she tells Claude she needs to see Pepe her maid to tell her where she is. Claude grins saying she probably already knows.
    • Lia gives him a look :blobangery: which makes Claude go, “Okay, okay that he’ll allow her to go back with him” But he insisted that she take his car back to her town home and that once she tells Pepe she’s okay, he wants her safe at his town home, where she will not be bothered easily and safer.
    • Lia is a bit miffed at him telling her she can’t just stay at her town home because he’s kinda right.
    • Claude chuckles at her expression as he knows what she’s thinking and kisses her on the forehead.
    ---
    • Pepe seeing Lia rushes out crying
    • Pepe tells Lia the police came and questioned Pepe about Lia’s whereabouts
    • Seeing Claude being LIa, Pepe bows to the Duke.
    • Lia is confused as, why the police were coming to her home she asks Pepe who’s asks Lia how she hasn’t heard the news yet.
    • Pepe is surprised as Claude quickly wraps his arms around Lia’s shoulders affectionately.
    • Lia learns she is being accused of being a diamond thief from her own house of Bale.
    • Shocked Pepe explains it’s the anarchist’s fault. They testified they saw her at the Louvre last night. But Pepe didn’t believe them because she knows Lia would never do that and was at the palace.
    • Lia is stunned and it takes Claude to gently guide her into the house and away from prying eyes.
    • Inside, Lia sees an odd large vase full of flowers delivered to her town home.
    • Then she sees the vase, flowers, she senses something is wrong and she holds up the vase and throws it on the floor.
    • The vase breaks and out of the water scattered are the missing diamonds.:blobfearful:
    • Everyone is in shock. Lia is trying to process everything as Claude is trying to comfort her.
    • Lia tells Claude she’ll clear this up and Claude looks at her, can she really do this alone as this doesn’t look good for her.
    • They clarify that she’s not being accused of the diamond thief but conspiring with terrorists telling them how to break into the Bale home to steal diamonds.
    • They’ve planted the diamonds in her home in the form of flower delivery
    • Lia tells Claude he doesn’t have to help her, she doesn’t want him involved and he looks at her saying he is involved and he pulls her to him telling her he won’t let her get involved with the anarchists anymore. He will be searching them out for answers because he must protect her.
    • Lia has other plans of how to deal with them.
    • Pepe cleans up the vase mess and Claude tells her to gather all the diamonds as he has a plan to take care of them.
    • Claude then takes her to her room on the 2nd floor and out of Pepe’s eyes starts to kiss her, pressing her against the door to her bedroom. Opening her mouth for a deep and passionate kiss.:blobnosebleed:
    • Shocked she opens the door frantically as she doesn’t want Pepe to see and both of them fall into Lia’s room and crash onto her bed.
    • Red-faced she sees Claude hungry again for her. As Claude is making with his mouth to hers, he moves to look down for a moment and asks her why does she look so frustrated?
    • Lia complains because she is easily swayed by him.
    • Grinning at her flushed face and tells her he’ll keep trying to sway and move her with this heart and his soul as he can’t get enough of her. He starts to fumble with undressing her jacket and shirt.
    • As he’s stripping her he asks if all women are so skinny?
    • Lia protests like she would know, should he?
      Claude tells, “Well, you’re the only woman I have ever have.” :blob_pout:
    • Lia wonders this man who is loving her really wants her to be his Clematis. She doesn’t feel she deserves such a high position, this illegitimate child from the slums.
      “Your Grace, stop…please stop.”
      “Why?”
      “Because Pepe is outside.”
      “Does she know you’re a woman too?”
      “Of course she knows.”
      “Then there’s nothing wrong with this.” and starts to nuzzle her neck. :blobrofl:
      “I…I can’t be your Clematis.”
      Then the man was kissing the soft round flesh raised his head. Lia's stomach dropped seeing his expression as if she had said something cruel.
      “What should I do?” There was anger deeply ingrained in his voice. “Is there another man?”
      “No! What do mean, another man?!?”
      As Lia shakes her head with a disgusted face, Claude signed with a smile and pull her upright. He walked over to the fireplace and begins to light a fire to warm up the room.
      “Then why?”
      “I…I made a promise to my mother. When the time comes, I would go back to being a woman and live quietly in a place where no one knows me. Camelian Bale is the second son of the Marquis whereas Camelia is Louvre’s heavily citizen. A girl from the slums. There has never been such a person taking the role of a Duchess from the slums.”
      “So what?”
      “The position of the Clematis is not mine.”:blobconfounded:
      Claude signed briefly and had a long laugh. Like a person who heard something so ridiculous, he smiles as he stokes the burning charcoal in the fireplace. Standing up, he then goes and pulls out the Clematis broach wrapped carefully in a handkerchief that Lia’s been keeping since that fateful day 3 years ago.
      “Are you saying that you don’t deserve to be my Clematis after cherishing it so much?”
    • Then Claude puts down the broach and approaches Lia by her bed. He then takes off her shirt and pants and soon she is bare before him and he watches to see her reaction.
    • Claude grabs Camelia by her chin and makes her look at him.
    • Sock garters filled with white, thin legs and feet smaller than the palm of his hands.
      'Suddenly I remembered the snow being gather and was held by these hands. '
      The child’s gentle and mournful eyes kneeling on the ground without even a proper coat burned in his memory.
      ‘At that time, I didn’t know I would fall for her so much.’:blobmelt:
      At first, he thought ‘he’ was a sassy counterfeit for Kieran.
      ‘Why? Why can’t it be Camelia?’
    • He takes off her garter and kisses her feet and brushes her caves and caresses her legs.
      “No one can sit here except you.” :aww:
      “Claude…”
      “You shouldn’t trample on the heart of a man so recklessly, Camelia. If you want to see how far you can make me go crazy…I won’t stop you.” :blobmelt:
      His shadow faded behind the firewood light burning above her body. A wonderful and elegant shadow is like a figure of a god created by a sculpture.
      Camelia held her breath as she watched Claude begin to kiss the palm of her hand. His smiling face was painstakingly beautiful and showed no displeasure.
      “If you’re going to provoke me, it’s better if you drive me crazy.”
    --
    • A while later, Claude exits the townhouse and Ivan his knight/guard is outside.
    • Claude gives him the diamonds and tells Ivan to get surveillance for Lia’s townhouse. He wants to know who goes and comes.
    --
    • Princess Rosina is in her office taking care of state affairs. Since her brother had to go to war she’s been running the empire with taxes, laws, and diplomacy. She has gained the public’s hearts and trusts that they dubbed her the “Iron Flower”.
    • Claude comes into her office and she’s slightly irked with him as he comes and goes as he pleases.
    • He looks at Rosina and asks her for the past 3 years all the communication she’s kept on Camelia to and from Louvre.
    • Rosina is not surprised that Claude knows so she hands him the letters that Camelia has been sending to her mother. Rosina out of protection for Camelia they get into the wrong hands has kept them.
    • “You’ve done something quite tough, Empress.”
    • As both talk about each other’s obsession. He with Camelia, she with Kieran (T/N: LOL!):blobsweat:
    • A servant comes in and informs the both of them that Sir Camelian Bale is heading to the city of Louvre.”
    • Claude leaves wondering what Camelia is up to.
    • 46th Brill Street. It is a dress shop. Lia enters the shop owned by a woman named Sharon.
    • Lia tells the clerk she is here to talk to the owner of the shop.
    • Sharon comes in and grins, “Ho, are you not Sir Camelian Bale? Oh my, what an honor that you look to find this humble merchant.”
    • Lia coldly tells her she’s here to meet the owner.
    • Sharon tells her she is the owner.
    • Lia retorts, “I’m not talking about the owner of the clothing shop. I mean your master.”
    • Sharon’s smile and warm facade fade as she looks at Lia and guides her into an underground basement.
    • Dr. Karl the leader of the terrorist group greats Lia knowing her position as a noble.
    • He takes her to see Lia’s mom who is limping and taking care of kids, grinning and laughing.
    • In tears, Lia watches how happy her mother is.
    • Karl tells her that he took her in to take care of the abandoned kids in the Lourve.
    • Lia asks Dr. Karl if he stole the diamonds.
    • He tells her, yes, but he didn’t steal them he gave them to her, Lady Camelia.
    • She asks why he’s making her into a criminal.
    • Karl tells her it was the Marchioness who conspired with them to make her a criminal. Shouldn’t she be furious at the aristocracy? Should she not join them to hunt down nobles? How does it feel to be abandoned by them?
    • He tells her to bring back the diamonds to them that they left behind for her as they can be sold for funding.
    • Turning around she rips the Sapphire buttons off her sleeves and tosses them to him as she tells him she has NOT been abandon and never ever work with them.
    • She leaves.
    • As she is guided back in the shadows, she starts to think. Who sent her mother back? Was Lia held as a hostage all these years to keep her mother in check or away?
    • She realizes how everyone is using her. Anastasia to aid her family’s honor and also take revenge for her jealousy and suffering. The anarchists want to use the name and position of her being the 2nd son of the Marquis of Bale to help them and turn against nobles.
    • Crying she leaves the basement thinking how she will get her mother out of this.
    • As she opens the hatch she is shocked as it's Sir Ivan looking down at her.
    • He is also in shock to find Lia
    • …Lia realizes if Sir Ivan is here that means….
    • “Why are you coming out of this place? His grace, Grand Duke is outside.”
    • "Duke Claude!"
    • Being guided out she sees Claude has all the terrorists kneeling on the floor and Claude has a gun pointed at Sharon’s head.
    • Lia calls out to Claude.
    • When Claude hears her voice, he turns and there is anger filled in his eyes.
    • “Cover your eyes.”
    • At that moment, Sir Ivan covers Lia’s eyes and a shot is heard.
    • Lia is in shock as Claude tells Sir Ivan to clean up as he throws a jacket over Lia’s head and takes her outside making sure NO one can see or identify who is under the coat.
    • Lia can hear many of the police and men gathering through the shop and a crowd is witnessing the spectacle. You can hear whispers, it’s the Anarchists!
    • “Duke…Grand Duke..” Lia pleads.
    • “Quiet.”
    • Still angry he carefully but quickly puts Lia into the backseat and into his arms still covered, He tells the driver to move quickly before the crowd looks closer and the car speeds away.
    • Lia asks what happened and how did Claude know.
    • Claude tells her, Sharon has been funneling money to support the Anarchists through her shop. She’s also been selling information to them as well as she listens to all the Nobles that purchase at her shop to help aid the anarchists on their attacks.
    • Lia doesn’t think he should have killed Sharon but then she realizes why he did. She is the witness. The person who is lying about seeing Lia the night of the robbery. Once she makes those accusations, the Marchioness wins as it’s all part of her plan to frame Lia and get her disgraced and out of their home since she is no longer needed.
    • Lia tells Claude she saw her mother there. Shocked he turns to her. She’s was hired by the Anarchists.
    • Claude seeing her in tears, reaches out and kisses her wet eyelids and kisses her. “Still, I will protect you, Camelia.”
    ---

• When the arrive back at Lia’s house, the police are there.
    • Apparently one of Lia’s other maids stole one of the diamonds and in the interrogation it was found.
    • Pepe is livid at the 2nd maid :blobdevil: (Maid will be later punished with Pepe watching her)
    • Lia confronts the police captain saying she gave the single diamond as a gift to the maid
    • Claude also confronts the captain also that they are accusing the 2nd son of the Marquis as well.
    • Claude tells the police that night Sir Camelian was with him and as a witness he knows Lia was never near Louvre that night.
    • Since it’s only 1 diamond that could have come from anywhere and also the powerful Grand Duke also a war hero is standing there 2nd in line to the throne, the captain can’t accuse Sir Camelian of anything as it’s really thin evidence.
    • Claude tells the police if they want to recover the diamonds, they there over at 46th Brill Street where they capture and destroyed at the Anarchist’s hideout.
    • Claude adds that it is the Marchioness Anastasia Bale that has been abandoned as she has falsely accused her own son.
    • The captain leaves.
    ---
    • The Marchioness Anatastia Bale is trembling as the Inspector tells her, “An anarchist named Sharon has been killed by the Archduke. We found the diamonds there. With the Archduke as a witness for Sir Camelian, it would be better to close this case as it is. When it is discovered that you have committed perjury, you will be in great disgrace.”
    • Devastated she summons “Donan” her aide asking what should she do due to this fiasco that she is in?
    • “Let’s have a banquet. An apology for making such a fuss. It will be brilliant, splendid.” :blobamused:
    • Lia is at Claude’s townhome. His servant Owen tells Claude he’ll need to return home to Del Ihar territory since the war. The plan is to leave in 10 days.
    • As Lia is petting Fallen, Claude approaches her and pulls her into his arms for a kiss.
    • He guides her to a table where there is a chessboard and asks if she knows how to play chess?
    • Lia tells him she only is aware of the rules of chess.
    • Claude pours her a glass of wine and shows her how to play chess.
    • As they play and drink, Claude asks her what are her plans.
    • She tells them there are no plans as she’s got to figure things out with her Mom, the Louvre district, etc. Also, she tells him she needs to stop doing stupid things like going into an anarchist's hideout to find her mom.
    • Claude asks her why the anarchists want to pull her in.
    • Camelia’s personality was honest and straightforward. Rather than disturbing her opponent, she calmly moves on her own path. She would never be a minion, but a hand with a sense of stubbornness.
      Claude then moved his knight so she could win. ‘Will you notice that the road is open?’
      Then she glanced at his expression and sighed briefly. “Because I am a noble-born in the streets of Louvre. No one has ever risen to such a high position from a Louvre. Even Eddie Kirkham had a position as dean. But I am the second son of the Marquis, and I have a mother who is weak in the Louvre. What could be a more convenient opening than this?”
    • As they play, Claude watches as he moves purposely to give Lia openings to win.
    • Suddenly, Lia says, “Check…?”
    • Claude knocks his king over, “Mate.”
    • Her wine glass is now empty. Claude gently caressed Camelia’s cheek, who was giggling with joy. Then she bit her lip, coughing and holding back her laughter.
    • ‘She was genuinely happy that she had trivially beat me.’
      “Did you get drunk?”
      “No.”
      ‘Beautiful.’
      “Your face is red.”
      “It’s a little hot.”
      Even her white neck is red. “Then let’s get drunk some more.” :blobnosebleed:
      Claude couldn’t stand it anymore.
      Lia raised her head startled to see him overshadowing her above.
      Claude leaned over his upper body to capture Lia’s lips into his.
      The wine that he was holding dripped into her lips. Claude shoved his tongue deep into her mouth and she kissed him back instinctively. The horse pieces on the table fall to the floor and roll under the sofa.
      As Lia turned her head to gasp for breath, Claude rubbed her wine-stained lower lip with his thumb and whispered covering her lips again, “Del Casa also has need of teachers. If our land gains another teacher, we couldn’t be more blessed than that." :blobmelt:
    ---
    • Lia visits the Bale butler Angler who is resting. He’s awake since he was attacked the night of the robbery.
    • Lia asked if she saw the face of his attackers. He tells her yes, one was Frank Ash (The royal tailor)
    • Wade and Claude are getting dressed for horseback riding. They talk about how Claude discover the Anarchist’s hideout.
    • Claude tells Wade when he heads back home it will be a while before Claude can visit again as he has to take care of his territory since he is now the Duke of Ihar and the war is over.
    • This makes Wade sad and he asks if he’s going back to Sir Camelian and when did they become a couple.
    • Claude tells Wade it was the moment he saw her he fell in love with her.
    • “Her?” :blobwoah:
    • Claude tells Wade that Camelian is Camelia and a woman.
    • As they head out, Wade tells Claude that Prince Ian is coming as well. :facepalm:
    • Claude asks if it’s an official visit and Wade tells him, Ian is coming by invitation from the Marchioness of Bale.
    • Both agree the marchioness’s purpose is very obvious. To restore her reputation due to her false accusations towards Camelia.
    • Claude knows through Sharon before she died, it was the Marchioness that contacted her through her servant Donan. A noblewoman who made contact with terrorists to bring down her 2nd son, how much more stupid can this woman be.
    • Both head out for a ride with Camelia, Rosina, and Kieran. (See the previous summary of that and Kieran’s confrontation with his dad)
    ---
    • A few days later Lia sits at the bench of a city park watching people go by.
    • Still down, she decides to get some candy-like the one Claude had given her a while back.
    • Just as she is about to enter, a voice asks bemusedly “Do you still like sweets?”
    • Surprised, Lia turns to see Prince Ian.
    • He takes a step forward wanting to embrace her and she takes a step back. Then a sword is placed between them causing Ian to stop his movement.
    • “She is to become the Grand Duchess of Del Ihar. Keep your manners to yourself.”
    • Prince Ian sneers as he looks at who is holding the sword. “Well if it isn’t the Archduke’s dog.”
    • It is Sir Ivan. :blob_pout:
    • Grinning he looks behind Sir Ivan’s shoulder. “Well long time no see, Duke Ihar”

• Princess Rosina is sitting with Camelia. Seeing Lia’s anxious fidgeting she asks if both are going to start dueling.
    • Lia confesses to Rosina that Ian had proposed marriage to her.:sweating_profusely:
    • Shocked Rosina asks when?!?! :blobfearful:
    • Lia tells her 3 years ago when he knew already she was a woman.
    • “Good lord!” Rosina throws her hand to her forehead and shakes her head. She asks if the Marquis refused the proposal and Lia nods. War broke out before she could refuse officially.
    • Rosina asks if Claude knows this…
    • “Yes..maybe?” as Claude is the man who never takes his eyes off her.
    • Rosina is thankful her brother Wade is here and he will have to keep the peace between the two. :blob_pout: Ian is also an Archduke as well.
    • Rosina then tells Lia they should take the opportunity for her to come out finally as a woman at the Marchioness’s party.
    • Rosina then shows her a gorgeous dress she had personally made for Lia. She wants to see Lia free.

• Lia heads back to her room at the Palace. There she looks at the dress given to her by the Princess.
    • She hears a sound and turns. It’s Claude leaning against the door watching her.
    • He asks her to put on the dress. :blobowoevil:
    • As he walks to her his face is flushed and she can smell liquor on him.
    • She asks if he’s drunk.
    • Claude pulls her into his arms. He tells her "No.", he misses her, and again asks her to put on the dress.
    • Lia grins…yep, he’s drunk. :blob_pout:
    • Kissing her cheek he sits down on the sofa and eats some fruit brought in by a servant who’s already left.
    • He picks up a strawberry coated in chocolate mentioning that Ian brought them from Gheor. :blobowoevil:
    • Lia watches him spread his arms out over the sofa head. At times she is afraid or nervous at how strong he is. Yet at the same time, she loves the softness that comes from his strength.
    • Sighing she strips and puts on the dress and walks to the mirror to see what she looks like in a dress that is so beautiful.
    • As she looks in the mirror she hears Claude approach her never taking his eyes off her reflection.
    • Lia wants to turn around to face him but instead, Claude points to her to look at herself in the mirror as he presses to her back.
    • There is an intensity in his gaze as he looks at her. “Hah, dammit…”:blobnosebleed:
    • Claude starts to caress her and nibble her from behind.
    • Lia turns away from the heat and intensity of his gaze. :blobmelt:
    • Claude wants Lia to look at him.
    • She can’t as her breath is hot and mingled with his.
    • Suddenly she is pressed against the wall as Claude crushes her lips with his and lifts her against his body rubbing her all over. She can taste the bitter alcohol on his tongue as both are gasping and sweaty due to their lovemaking.
    • Claude moves to her bed as the sink both bodies grasping each other as he lifts up her dress to expose her.
    • Claude holds Lias's face in his hands and she is forced to look up at him as he makes love to her intensely on the bed. She can see his hair fall, over his head glistening with moisture, and the heat emanating from his blue eyes full of her.
    • Claude’s intensity at their joining shakes Lia to the core with pleasure as he calls out her name at the end.
    • Holding her in the aftermath of their loving making, Claude chuckles saying that Princess Rosina will scold him for ruining the dress she gave to Lia.
    • Tired and barely awake Lia responds “I don’t know who would dare scold the Grand Duke as she is nothing.”
    • “Did Ian, Prince of Gheor propose to a woman who is nothing?”
    • This wakes up Lia quickly as she realizes Claude knows.
    • Claude grins and presses her back not the bed into his arms as he places gentle kisses on her. He is calm.
    • Lia wants to tell Claude it’s a misunderstanding.
    • Claude holds Lia and tells her she doesn’t have to explain anything. As long as he has her it is enough.
    • Lia looks down at Claude with his intense gaze and the pain in his eyes.:blobupset:

• The next morning both Archdukes are hunting and competing against each other.
    • The atmosphere is very intense on both sides.
    • Suddenly both men aim their rifles at each other. :blobfearful:
    • Sir Ivan and his men quickly point their guns at Ian and Ian’s men do the same on the other side as both stare each other down.
    • Ian smiles, “I wish you were a man who knew shame.”
    • “Says the man who needs to know when to bend over.”
    • “I’ve never been deprived of what I want.”
    • “Because it’s the first time that I feel that I want it”
    • Both men are talking very calmly but you can feel their murderous intent.
    • Sir Ivan is turning pale. Both men drank FAR too much the previous night and now hunting.
    • Suddenly a bird flies up and both men turn immediately to shoot.
    • Neither side flags who wins the hit as all are on pins and needles due to their masters.
    • Ian tells Claude, "the witch-like marchioness" has invited him to her home like some lifesaver.
    • Claude smirks, telling Ian, sure sounds like it.
    • (Both men do not care for the Marchioness)
    • Ian tells he heard the rumor about Camelia being accused of being a thief.
    • Claude tells him that’s Empire business as hearing Camelia’s name from Ian's mouth fills Claude with irritation. Though he knows that he is the one that Lia loves, he was so jealous of finding out about Ian’s proposal that he made love to her all night long. Needing to see her now, Claude turns to Prince Ian telling him he can have all the prey from today’s hunt as he doesn’t care or need it.
    • Ian snarky replies that Claude didn’t leave any alive.
    • Claude looks at him and tells his servant to pull out a bird who’s alive and Claude tells him, he only winged the bird. If Ian wants to finish the kill feel free and leave on horseback.
    • “That’s pretty brutal.” Ian comments.
    • Grinning as he watches Claude, he turns to his servant, “Would you believe me when I tell you that he’s the craziest person, more than me?” :blob_pout:

• Lia is sitting in her room having breakfast. She’s been thinking about how to talk to Claude and wonders why Ian told Claude. She had already rejected his offer and wonders if Ian doesn’t know he was rejected. Is that why the Marchioness invited him to the party? To keep the promise of a proposal that has been rejected?
    • Lia is startled when Claude comes into the room. He tells her to keep away as he’s got blood on his jacket. He starts to strip and head to the shower. He tells her to eat as he walks away.
    • Miffed Lia gets up and opens the bathroom. When she sees Claude she ..er forgets what to say as she sees his beautiful and large body under the running water. She sees his battle scars as well.
    • She wonders why he was so persistent last night…was it because of Ian’s proposal.
    • Suddenly a low voice tells her, “If you keep looking at me like that…take off your clothes and join me.” :blobmelt:
    • A feisty Lia confronts Claude and tells him that yes, Ian proposed to her and she is not married to him. Instead, she accepted his proposal signaling that she had chosen him. As she walks away, Claude reaches out and pulls her into the shower.
    • Later that day as she leaves, Ian greets her at the staircase. She tells him goodbye as she cannot accept his proposal. He pulls into a surprising kiss which makes her really angry at him as he apologies.
    • She leaves sad that she’s lost a friend and goes with Claude in his car who’s been waiting for her outside.
    • The next chapters are around the Marchioness banquet in the greenhouse. (See previous comments)

There are more later scenes of their intense romance and Claude's obsession for Lia when she lives up North at his castle. Yes, they later will confess their love for each other up North. I think one of the best scenes in the North is the rain scene. Talk about intensely fanning yourself as you read those chapters. :blobnosebleed:

FYI - for new readers, please go to the beginning of this thread. There is a table of contents that links to everyone's summaries if you want to skip discussion(s).

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  14. lemoniiiii

lemoniiiii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I slept at 4am because of this hahaha (is that u I Have No Health webtoon?)

twilight_123 and limueee like this.
  15. LunarCiel

LunarCiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the novel, Claude is depicted to be really protective and lovely to the MC but in the manga it seem more like he is teasing and being interested in the MC, like he found a new toy.

Mitsuki000 and LadyMpok like this.
  16. mj209

mj209 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you !!!! Very detailed summary! :blobmelt: Greatly appreciate it as translating the raw using google chrome just makes ur eyes bleed at times lol :blobdizzy:

limueee likes this.
  17. rainbowstar12342

rainbowstar12342 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How do Camellia and Ian meet? What is their first interaction like? Are there any cute moments between them? I really like Claude but I’m curious to know if Ian ever had a chance to begin with

18. akera93

akera93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Before reading the most recent manhwa chapter 17, I read in spoilers that the price of the other kingdom (where her brother is) recognizes that she is a woman and not a man instantly. But from the manhwa, didn't her brother tell him about her? So he didn't really recognize her gender, he knew beforehand

19. asiaaw07

asiaaw07 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where i can buy the books on english ver? I've searched many times on google but isn't available

20. huneybomb

huneybomb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoiler when their wedding day or when she tell the ml that she's pregnant?

Marane101 likes this.