Documentation on Wordpress alignwide and alignfull class on Twenty twenty-one theme.

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by xiazixin, Aug 12, 2021.

1. xiazixin

xiazixin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Screenshot 2021-08-12 132156.jpg
    WordPress have been painful to work with since the Gutenberg updates, because some monkeys decided to have a two star plugin and make it default WordPress editor.
    upload_2021-8-12_13-26-9.png
    By now, Disable Gutenberg have been one of the top rated plugins of WordPress, for many bloggers and translators alike.
    With the new themes and updates all based on the new Gutenberg, I decided to tryout new horrifying over rated plugin that is even more popular and overrated than the worst Isekai trash in NovelUpdates.

First, the body width, and the page width. The current WordPress theme move the pointless widget to the footer, that's welcome, no one read that anyway,
    The blocks come in 3 sizes. Wide width, Full width, default width.
    upload_2021-8-12_13-40-38.png upload_2021-8-12_13-43-29.png
    anything other than Wide Width just looks stupid. Text will full width just get all the way to the edge of window which is annoying. and default look like a freakishly annoying like everything moved to the middle since the widget moved to the footer.

with HTML
    upload_2021-8-12_13-52-50.png
    you can just add the additional class to div and it basically look like this.
    upload_2021-8-12_13-54-24.png

Anyway, its best to have everything align wide.
    Overall I think that twenty twenty is better than twenty twenty-one. But its still better than 99% of free WordPress theme online.
    Screenshot 2021-08-12 135746.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Molen

Molen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never use wordpress, but as far as i know if you want to align your text/whatever you need to specify it, for example:
    <p style="align-center"></p>
    the way text aligned depends on what css framework you use

i am not sure how wordpress configure full width, but you can try use container (set it as fluid and add with col and row maybe, depends on how you want it to looks like) with max-width/max-heigth specified

from your website title, i assume that you use docker, you might want to add portainer to monitor your docker and nginx to "proxy" your docker to port 8001/8002/whatever to make it easier to access if you want to have multiple wordpress

xiazixin likes this.
  3. xiazixin

xiazixin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that's for align text. We use that too.
    the alignwide and alignfull is to manage the width of div element.
    there is a lot going on with how this works out, but it wasn't well received from the users.

4. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    You want to use css ? But don't want to die trying to create and organize your css files? Try tailwindcss at least It better in creating things other than bootstrap 4 not better but easier to use and more friendly