LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We have no idea of Jurizanapipe still spreads corrupted mana. She probably still does. It's just what she is.

The actually evil Evil Gods should really all be wiped out simply because they will never be allowed to go free anyway and it costs resources to keep sealing them. There is no benefit to their continued existence except for themselves. Since they've shown they would literally rather die than change sides and play ball, so be it.

2. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is one problem with that. Only the demon king and van can kill gods. You can hurt them and seal them but the only way to kill them is destroying their souls and only death magic can do that.

3. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh huh. Really, Alda should be sending a message of "Yo, we have evil gods sealed at X, Y and Z, can you wipe them out for us please?" Though honestly I do understand why he wouldn't even if someone suggested it to him.

4. Overlord2019

Overlord2019 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So you're saying repeating and escalating the very action that grievously wounded someone is a valid attempt to make up for the injury?

Wow....

Let's, for example, hypothetically, say that Heinz broke into your home and stole some money, then spent most of that money preaching about how stealing is wrong.

You meet him and demand he pay you back.

Instead, he goes to your neighbors' homes, steals from them, and kills them if they resist, and then goes on to preach even louder how stealing is wrong and "charitably" gives away some ding-dong security camera alarm systems, that he knows how to bypass.

It's all okay though, because he's "trying" right?

DragonkingKyo likes this.
  5. lohwengk

lohwengk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you happen to have chapter references to your main points? It would be nice to re-read those parts for myself. TIA.

6. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alternately you could just re-read the entire series every time a new chapter gets posted. It makes the wait more bearable.

sjmcc13, Baldingere and spycho357 like this.
  7. lohwengk

lohwengk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reserving the full re-read for when the series successfully ends and is completely translated. I've been bitten too many times by series being abandoned by their authors or translators, as well as stories which turn bad or get taken over by incompetent translators.

Apart from that, many earlier parts of the story have too many "feels" or rage-inducing moments. This isn't something I want in my life right now.

8. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He knows Van hates him and he also knows that Van feasts on gods. The enemy of my enemy dies second etc.

9. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was more thinking of Alda not really seeing any meaningful difference between, say, Gyubarzo and Zanalpadna. Or the god that created the kobolds and sided with Vida, then got sealed by Alda. So he might assume that releasing those seals could result in more assets for Vida's side or that Vida simply wouldn't bother to do anything about them.

10. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much, but we know that in truth, Van would do something about them if only because they would be a threat to the Vidal Empire if he left them alone.

11. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think that is something you need to worry about here. The story is finished in the raws, the new chapters are post-story. On lightnovelbastion Death Mage has on avarage five sponsered chapters in the queue (i have not once seen this queue empty).
    "taken over by incompetent translators." .... you should have seen what happend last time someone was calling for new translators because yoshi was on break, note yoshi is a professional translator, he literally does it for a living, 1 comment for new translator = 1 page of comments against it (1 page = 20 comments). sadly we lost those comments with the 500 pages that were taken away from this thread.

12. Prothvar781

Prothvar781 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I apologize, I do not have chapter numbers. Instead can offer rough areas to narrow it down. There is the chapter where you meet Schwartz and crew and find out one of his main girls is a reincarnated evil goddess.(Planned reincarnation by more or less hacking the Demon Lord’s reincarnation cycle possible full destruction of soul or just faulty re-write as potential penalties for getting it wrong) The chapters where they conquered the swamp and then cleared the Dragon Trial(?) dungeon to gain supremacy over the lizard men.(;hints or actual statements that evil gods spread miasma by existing) The chapters where Van talks to the guardian god of the Scyllas.(forced re-write of personal history on such a wide scale that it transforms both body and soul of god. Accepting that the person they’ll become isn’t who they were born as and can never be again) The chapters where Van talks to Zozogante and then later each of the patron gods.(purpose of Boundary Mountains revealed as safe haven for Vida Faction including Evil Gods and as containment area for miasma caused by Evil God existence) Capped off with the chapters releasing, healing and speaking with Vida, Ricklent and……..forget his name sorry.(more of the last)

This I remember. Yoshi was having some IRL problems that I don’t think he fully disclosed. But we had 4-5 pages of people just telling Yoshi to take however long needed and to come back healthy. Plus people calling for the blood of traitors who were too impatient to wait for Yoshi lol. Think it turned out to be schooling and new job type stuff. Not 100% because it’s been awhile.

Baldingere, lohwengk and anteopta like this.
  13. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    That is correct, Yoshi translated it I think as "contaminated mana", the other possible translation is "miasma".
    I'm thinking there may have been something lost in your translation to english. Yes, Demon Nests, Dungeons and so on do occur thanks to this excessive miasma, but I'm unsure if "equivalent" is the proper word there.
    Wait, what? The heck?

Sure, Vida and the Evil gods know that they spread Miasma, this is no secret, and Gufadgarn created Dungeons as they can act as sinkers for that, concentrating everything in one place, although the dungeon has to be managed from there on.

But the reason Vida raised the mountains is not for that, even if you are trying to make some bullshit story in Alda's favor: Vida raised the mountains to protect herself and her allies from Alda and Bellwood, who attacked them first.

Alda's justice is not about saving humanity, it's about returning the world to how it was, which is why Evil Gods, new races and new Reincarnation Systems are bad. But the Reincarnation System is a secret of the gods and must not be told to the people, as the gods themselves decided, besides, Bellwood was already advocating their destruction, Alda had no reason to go against, it's Nineroad who, to try to ease the situation, asked Alda to ask Rodcorte about accepting them into his system, but Rodcorte claims only the ones without Ranks can be accepted.

Alda doesn't need fluff to his believers, because that was always his doctrine.
    That's not the reason she did it.

She literally did it to save herself from the purging. Some Evil Gods and Gods remained outside the Boundary Mountain Range, and couldn't get in anymore. Merrebeveil is an example. And Bellwood was going after all of these, until he went limp.

Since no one but you is arguing this, it's irrelevant

If you want to try to imagine how people in another world think, you could first try to imagine how people that are not you think. Until you get that right, you won't be able to understand how people can have different beliefs from you, based on variables such as different education, different community, different personal values, different biology, different status, and so on.

Alda desires the world to how it was before Guduranis, the beautiful world that is now corrupted with miasma and monsters, Vida accepted the world changed, and acted to support humanity into adapting to this new world.

Vida accepted the new reality, Alda rejected it.

There is a reason why super rich heroes on animal cosplay risking their lives to fight super villains that are never killed only exist in comics.

To Alda, the Evil Gods and Vida's races are the same as Goblins to the Goblin Slayer. You don't need a reason to seal them. If he could kill them like Guduranis could, he would do it in a heartbeat.

ZeroDelta likes this.
  14. Prothvar781

Reading List:
    Link
    Not gonna lie. I got cocky and got a bunch wrong. Awesome to see the attention to detail in your corrections and thank you for them.

15. X07Zero

X07Zero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, not gonna lie either, when I read his response to you I thought new fire will break out in this thread XD

16. Jay Corridor

Jay Corridor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... That's not a death mage chap. Wrong forum buddy.

You sir, just gave the most reasonable response on a thread I've seen in months. Liking for only that, and if there was a rep system you'd get it.

anteopta likes this.
  17. TouchMeLikeASpaceBar

TouchMeLikeASpaceBar [Innocent]

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Prothvar781

Reading List:
    Link
    Gotta be honest it’s 3 parts. I was wrong and not dumb enough to insist otherwise. That’s Bellwood’s job, and probably Heinz. I’m too lazy for a flame war. And last I subscribe to the Trigun teachings “This world is made of LOVE and PEACE.”

Unless like you spoil a chapter of Death Mage or get in the way of my food. Then? Then I’mma have to do some things that will break a fool’s very will to live.

anteopta likes this.
  19. Legowaffles

Legowaffles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, I see, so if I were to do what I did awhile back and share a link to a new "chapter" with the text "Praise Alda!" only for said link to lead to either Rick Roll or Trololo, you'll be perfectly fine. Noted. Sadly, the post appears to have been deleted at some point shortly after I made it.

20. X07Zero

X07Zero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you may be safe from him but there're many more that will come for your blood XD