Recommendations Looking for a ML with an actual personality

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Resplendor, Aug 24, 2021.

?

Favorite ML type

1. Puppy, sweet but territorial

15 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. Iceberg, cold but doting

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Tsun, brash but fragile

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. Yan, controlling and scary

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. Black belly, sunny but manipulative

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. Casanova, flirty but insecure

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  7. Other

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    Can be BL or BG, but for goodness sakes can they have an interest in something besides the MC and/or work?
    Or maybe friends they hang out with because they actually like them? Not because they're work partners or subordinates?
    How about a hobby or secret joy that has nothing to with the romance?
    I got spoiled by "The General's Vampire Omega" and now "The Virtuous Omega Disguised as the Vicious Colonel".
    They both have ML's that seem to have a life outside of doting on their partners. (Though there's still a lot of that too)
    It seems to be even rarer in BG. I can't remember the last time I read a BG where the ML wasn't an OP cardboard iceberg turned wife sl*ve.

chrissy987 likes this.
  2. chrissy987

chrissy987 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read these two recently, they have a lot of personality / background / logical thoughts I feel:
    Secretly, Secretly; But Unable to Hide It
    Silent reading

Resplendor and MMWO like this.
  3. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what does black belly mean again?

4. CardOne4All

CardOne4All Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From Urban Dictionary:
    It's a Chinese phrase used in many novels as a term to describe a person who seems extremely kind and honest. Someone who is very hardworking A gentle person.

On the outside.

But they turn out to be dark and soulless on the inside.

They act kind to lure you in and manipulate you. These people generally turn out to be the exact opposite.
    A black belly is a person who has a dark inside and a bright and cheerful outside

Resplendor likes this.
  5. Kaparin

Kaparin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mine is the brash, straightforward, mocking, pragmatic banterer :blobupset:
    - I only got the personality part down, now I am hesitating at what you're asking for...I feel like it doesn't fit your criteria

Just life outside of romance seems hard to find since most of the time they only meet their friends for advice omg then they get discarded so I have nothing to recommend :blobsad:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    Resplendor likes this.
  6. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I know a few such puppy wolfs in BG~
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-husband-with-scholar-syndrome/
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/rebirth-of-the-film-emperors-beloved-wife/ << the ice berg is the FL (unfortunately even after 2 years its still being translated ._.
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/reborn-wife-is-invincible/ << not sure about this one but looks like wolf puppy ML
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/every-vicious-woman-needs-a-loyal-man/ << this is short, 31 chapters, only good to pad my stomach for some real meal

If you know more puppy wolf types, tag me please~

Resplendor likes this.
  7. Space_Lady

Space_Lady Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Sutad Aatma
    The ML in this novel, 'I Won’t Go Back To My Family Who Abandoned Me' is like a puppy!:blobcatblush:

and the interaction between the fl and ml is so cute-

8. grass_is_tasty

grass_is_tasty Grass is more than just weed.

Reading List:
    Link
    I Became the Secretary of a Tyrant
    The dude legit asked the M.C. to scram because she was prettier than him. That moment made a flower of respect bloom in my heart for him. Besides that moment, I don't recall much about his personality since most of my braincells went to deciphering the M.T.L. but he's chill.

Winter Swan
    Partly recommending this because it's so underrated (or maybe not). When the M.L. is not trying to kill the M.C., he's out there being crazy. He is such a complex character that it's a bit funny to read. The M.C. is as baffling as the M.L. too.
    If a normal bad novel couple's relationship is toxic, this couple's relationship is a whole nuclear dump. But it's really interesting to read how bad and mad it can get, how long can this relationship drag on before someone dies, when will the M.C. stop being so stubborn. It's fun.
    Oh, and also, it's in a Nordic setting and deals with racial discrimination so that's cool.

Resplendor likes this.
  9. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    uuuu I have come across that novel. The synopsis seems so suffocating x.x

10. Space_Lady

Space_Lady Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the same at first but once you read it, you will actually love the storyline!
    Although her family is trash, the fluff romance between the fl and ml is just so cute ><

11. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    A ML with a life aside MC? THat's rare.
    Maybe Tattoo and A Contractual Marriage with the Best Leading Actor and I'll have my seatmate beat you and Marshal’s Cannon Fodder Spouse [Transmigration]?
    Or I'll be the warrior's mother, The cannon fodder and villain's happy ending, The Male Lead’s Villainess Fiancée, Married to the protagonist, The Noble Girl Who Finds a Nerdy and Plain Guy Moe Thinks that the Arrogant Prince is In the Way, The Last Boss Witch Will Keep Her Past Self’s Crush Until Her Dying Day, The Protective Overbearing Demon, Under the oak tree and maybe You've got the wrong house, villain. The MLs have a personality, I think. Well, good luck!

Resplendor likes this.