Spoiler I Only Came To Find My Dad

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Aug 3, 2021.

1. minibeth

minibeth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's stop this nonsense opinion of how the father is thrashy or not. Or the FL is a terrible one to be forgiven.:blobexpressionless:

What we need right now is a spoiler. Lots of it. That will be nice :aww:

A spoiler will be nice to stop this stupidity happening in the spoiler section. Its just too much.:facepalm:

2. Xbaoyu

Xbaoyu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree with u.. her mother character is quite nonsense

Yuukiyuki, raiha88 and i_am_here like this.
  3. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How come every single character in this book is an idiot? And the novel is full of plot holes/plot convenience.

• MC had a second chance at life after she killed herself(instead of at least trying to escape first and then suicide later). What did she do with that chance? Nothing. At least if she didn't hear by chance her real dad is alive, nothing would've changed.
      She thankfully heard this and tried to change her future for the first time. Not her mother's future tho. She did nothing for that. Even when her mother's condition was deteriorating, she didn't try to change anything and only went to Benjamin for help when she was already close to dying. I suppose her mother died the same way or a similar way in her first life. She must've argued with Benjamin, so he didn't send any doctor and she ultimately died. And then mc was more worried abt being taken in by Benjamin than her mother who just died. It left a really bad taste in my mouth.
    • The whole thing with the village was very silly and illogical. After all Leah wasn't at fault and Benjamin was obviously the one to blame, he's the one with the power to send knights and Leah could've also died that day. They know it's not actually her fault, but Benjamin is the city lord. Anyway, it at least makes sense for the fiancé of the man who died to ostracize her, but the whole village? Was that man that died the sweetheart of the whole village or sth? We can add a whole village now to the list of idiots.
    • And when Benjamin heard from mc her mother's in danger he was like "But the doctor said it was a simple cold". Did Benjamin suddenly find a quack doctor that couldn't even tell a mere cold from a serious illness? How convenient for the plot.
    • Then the mother not realizing anything wrong for 8 years. It's fine if she didn't trust her lover (that even if he stopped sending letters, she just believed it). The moment Benjamin mentioned Leah's lover hasn't replied to her letters, I immediately thought he's probably the one to intercept the letters. Anyway, it doesn't matter, it's also fine if she didn't trust her daughter who told her the truth abt Benjamin. But even after finding out what kind of person Benjamin is, she still didn't try to escape before or even at the start of her illness. Plus nth plot hole: why didn't she tell mc to find her father when she was dying in their first timeline?
      She was a maid before. She could still work. Why live(and later die) in a town where you're the prey of a crazy man and all the town persecutes you and your daughter (who's also bullied and beaten)? She still had mc's father's child. Even if she thought he left her, he would have at least given her some money if they came to him. Plus she had all those maid friends. Overall way better than living in that crazy town, right?
    • And lastly, obviously, the father. I understand separation from your lover for 1 year...2 years...3 years. But 8? EIGHT? Almost a decade of your life. And again, he doesn't trust her and know that there's something wrong when she's not replying much. He finds nothing weird abt that. But he even discusses a possible marriage with someone else? I'm sorry, I don't get his motives now, didn't he love her and made her wait in order to marry her? Expecting someone to wait for 8 years is already ridiculous, your youth is gone by then. At least if you think she doesn't love you and you've broken up or something you would go talk at least once to confirm it. I do not believe that in 8 years you did not have the time to visit at least once. Do you even remember what your lover looks like by now?

I hate silly stories like this, they just stretch the logic to fit a stupid plot. Not even one single sound character here. I really can't root for the main character. But I don't blame the characters(they're too ridiculous for me to see them as real), I blame the author.
    P.S.: Needless to say, I'm dropping this. Didn't enjoy any of the 20 or so chapters. Thank you to the poor victims who bothered to read my rant (^ー^)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  4. ayuufz

ayuufz Member

Reading List:
    Link
    who's ML?

samster likes this.
  5. Yuukiyuki

Yuukiyuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still doesn't show up??

6. 81ganzy

81ganzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then don't read it

7. Assassin997

Assassin997 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No spoiler found. Just people ranting about the characters and the plot. You guys should respect someone hard work! He / she works hard for making this novel and then you just easily hate it just because you haven't read the whole story! If you don't like it, just drop it! Don't tire yourself by hating somene's creation and debate about it

diorion, Eva832, mozzybites and 8 others like this.
  8. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She said she's dropping it

9. Jo5ee

Jo5ee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EXPLAINING IT THIS WAY. people are shitting in the father but they don't understand he is a victim to all of this too.

Eva832, Snaza16, samster and 2 others like this.
  10. autumn_leaf

autumn_leaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really people it's a spoiler thread not a discussion thread... 10 whole pages of nothing but rants about how shitty the father is....waiting for some good spoiler:notlikeblob::blobcry:

Eva832, Mira_bee, Dofu and 1 other person like this.
  11. ailucasly

ailucasly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's just say, this manwha isn't for everyone so stop ranting about the father, mother, mc or stepmom. It's actually kinda easy to say you're dropping it, don't influence others to do the same just because you don't like it. Let others enjoy.

Anyways, can anyone give actual spoilers?

12. liquasa

liquasa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the most unspoiler thread that i have open
    10 pages dude and almost like 7 out of them people just ranting about how bad it is
    I came here for SPOILER not some discussions about how people thought about the character that all just based on 21 chapter of manhwa and not from novel perspective

You want discussion make a thread for that
    I came here for SPOILER

13. Trinitytiger

Trinitytiger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At this point, more people are complaining about the discussion/argument than the people who were involved in the discussion/argument which ended awhile ago. Lol.

Anyway, there hasn't been much update on the story. Has anyone read ahead in the Novel or manhwa?

14. LePetiteReader

LePetiteReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CLEARIFICATION AND SPOILERS TIL CHAPTER 22

- He and Leah (The mother) loved each other very much and Leah was loved there by others as well even if she's just a maid.

- The battle for succession is cruel there and the successor had to go through a certain ritual which requires them to go into a coma-like state for who-knows-how-long and there are possibilities of them walking up insande. Hence the reason why he and Leah agreed to sent Leah away for her safety which was at Benjamin's territory (The Duke's younger brother whom he trusted)

- When he woke up, fortunetly sane, the grand duchy was in ruins. We don't know yet what happended but it was in a very ruined-state where even the main buildings were destroyed, so his original plan to stablized his position and have his lover returned was delayed

- In the meantime, he does exchange letters with 'Leah'. Those letters were always short, only telling him she was fine and never mentioning their daughter. Up until the MC showed up, he still exchange letters with Leah and Leah's reply kept getting shorter and shorter.

- We learn later that it was Benjamin's doing and Leah never recieved the Duke's letters while Benjamin tried to manipulate Leah that his brother (Duke) has already forgotten about her so she could marry him.

- When he found out through the father, he was extremely devestated and cried. He blamed himself for not being there for Leah ans Louis (MC). Even when the father said he sinned by allowing Benjamin to take Louis under him, the duke said he had no right to blame the father, rather, he should be thanking the father for bringing his daughter to him.

- When she showed up, everyone knew instaintly she's related to Leah. Even the duke looked shocked because he was just exchaning letters with 'Leah'

- The moment he saw the locket and heard Leah died, he cried. He pulled her into a hug and apologised, saying he's her father

- When she learnt that the dame would become her step-mother (Said by the dame, not the duke. The duke wasn't pleased and yelled at her that they haven't agreed to it yet as well as mentioning a contract between them), Louis was very scared she'd be thrown away.

--> ' It's okay, you can throw me out. But please don't send me back to where I came from (Benjamin's territory)' When the duke heard Louis said that he became emotional, " No one here will dare to send you away, you're my child " (The duke said this after only meeting her for less than 15 minutes)

- The locket her mother had was given to her by the duke himself. As soon as he saw the locket he smiled at Louis and said he was the one to give it to Leah, therefore, he was sure Louis is his child.

- The duke was very furious at his little brother, Benjamin, whom he had trusted very much. He swore he'll get justice from Benjamin after hearing that Benjamin abused Louis when she was in his care as well as manipulating their letters.

- On the first night of Louis being there, he stood guard in front of her room all night and was the person to see her first when she woke up. He heard her waking up from outside her room and knocked before getting inside to ask if she'd like to have breakfast together.

- Daddy was sad when Louis automatically went to sit next to the father. The servants noticed it as well and felt bad for him but our MC noticed and went to sit by her dad. He watched her eat the entire time lovingly

- The duke took her to her mother's favourite garden and tried to connect with her. He told her about her mother and he said he wished they could've come here as a family. It made MC cried and he consoled her.

- He wanted to know about her past, he wanted to know what she went through but Louis said she'll tell him in exchange for knowing his reason for not ever finding them and her new 'step mom', which was the dame who helped her find the duke and told her to call her 'Mom' next time they meet. The duke was quite angry at the dame after she did that

- He had his aide built Louis a new bedroom as well as giving unlimited budget on furnishing while making it be complete as soon as possible

- He was sad when Louis didn't call him dad or father but he didn't say it out loud. It just showed on his face. He's a very facially expressive person while being a soft-spoken person as well (Maybe to only Louis and Leah, we didn't see him with others much but when he was speaking with his 'fiancé', there was no affection and he looked more distant and professional. Our quick-witted baby was the one to be brave and tried calling him dad. But even when she struggled, the duke patted her head and told her to take her time.

- Daddy promised to give Louis anything she wants, but all she wanted was for him to stay by her side for a very long time. Louis knows promises are meant to be broken but she felt safe in his arms for some reasons. This made the duke cried/sobbed and promising her to be with her for a very long time.

- She's scared of him because be looks a lot like Benjamin, the duke's little brother (The man who tried to forced himself on her mum and groomed Louis into his bride when she was 16 in her 1st life)
    But she's trying to come around and became comfortable around him because he's very gentle and tries to understand her.

--> When she kinda can separate her dad's imagine from Benjamin, she told him his eyes were beautiful. The duke thanked her and smiled, he became very happy after hearing this

Please stop jumping to conclusions. This is a rare manhwa where the father is not even trashy but was also a victim in the story. The real villain here is Benjamin who abused his position as a lord and as the duke's brother (and trusted person) in ruining a family, killing the mother and daughter as well as manipulating the father just because he was obsessed with his older brother's lover.
    This manhwa dad cried so many times and felt angry on behalf of his child and late-lover. He blamed himself as well for not being there and the first thing he did was blaming himself while trying to get close witn his child as well as trying to find iut her past from the direct source, Louis and the father.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    aziserania, hrraa16, Snaza16 and 15 others like this.
  15. Nicole_342

Nicole_342 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean you're right but she's came back to her eight year old body and what rights does a eight to year old have and even I told het mom what happened she would think she's possessed and what can an eight year old do even if she planned something she should atleast be 14 year old to like threaten people but you are right that she could atleast plan instead of crying

seabuckthorn and Minaeli like this.
  16. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I only read the manhwa so I dunno, from all the father-daughter trope, I found this one cringe worthy, they became Lovey-Dovey at what, 21 chapter, and Louisa didn't even know his reason yet. I didn't mean she has to hated the Dad, but being abused, shouldn't she at least have some trust issue or a bit of resentment (don't mean she has to show it since she need his protection, but at least inwardly), even more so her father look like her abuser. But she overcome everything overnight. Being abused in her first and second life, all her character scream is 'Oh, I'm so Cute'.

There is something that confused me, if her mother died the same like in her first life, that means is not a natural cause, but because of the Villager who isolated them. Even if her mother didn't believe her that Benjamin is bad person, if she told her the events that lead to her mother death, shouldn't the mother believed her, the moment Benjamin didn't send the Knight. As a child, sure she couldn't do anything, but at least she could convince her mother to move to another town, if it still doesn't work, at worse case threatening her mother with her life like 'If you don't want to move, I'm gonna kill myself' kinda thing, but what exactly she is doing, is reading the bible would actually helped her or what?

17. LePetiteReader

LePetiteReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, she didn't overcome her father's appearence over night and it was a while for her to differenciate that he's different from her abuser. The manhwa just did a time skip so some readers misunderstood it was an overnight thing. As for the resentment, it was more of abandonment fear she has, her fear of being sent back to where she came from overcome her resentment but she still has questions on her father and resents him for never finding her and her mother; however, fearing that if she crossed a line, she'll be sent back to Benjamin, so she's refraining herself since she doesn't know the duke and Banjamin's relationship aside from the fact that they look alike. But does she inwardly resent him ? Yes, but the fear of being sent back overwhelms it so she's walking on eggshells there. The presense of a 'step mother' also made her even more wary. She doesn't fear not being accepted by her father, she just fears being send back to Benjamin. She's even fine if she had to live on the streets as long as she's far away from her uncle's territory and from Ben.

Also, Louis did try to tell her mom of her past life but her mom didn't believe her and thinks Louis had a nightmare. The reason they didn't move away was because Benjamin had them under his eyes as well as the fact that Leah was holding on her promise to wait for her lover despite never getting letters from him (Because Benjamin took all of them and was the one to write letters to his older brother as 'Leah' to avoid suspicion)

Note: These are all the spoilers from the manhwa, if there are extra details from the novels, feel free to add but most of the time, manhwas have changes so it might be a bit different. But when it comes to reading stories like this, don't jump to conclusions yet as it's only the beginning of the story and the plot hasn't even expand or explain in details of what happened yet. We only know things from the view point of Loius, a child who died at 16 and didn't recieved formal education from Benjamin's grooming, so ofc her perspective will be quite naive and easily impressed

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    Dofu and MiserableSOUL like this.
  18. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know why the father doesn’t seem to eat at all?!

19. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some posts were removed.

Be civil.

If you can't, don't post.

20. Bambokiddo

Bambokiddo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will there be an ML? :aww:

If yes then can you spoil the chapter? Sorry if my English is bad English is not my first language :blobmelt: