LCD The Legendary Mechanic

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Netto Azure, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Omegataku

Omegataku Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No wonder no wonder. Maybe It really was hit with CCP's censures and the Author prolly received a warning
    IIRC this is where everything felt rushed or too fast paced and you can feel the Author is setting up how HX can quickly castrate the "Future" enemy strength

Silver Revolutionary Version Skipped
    Rosellin and the Silver Revolutionary Arc was given heavy emphasis early as a foreshadow and setup for the future version only to be called back to disrupt MODO

I believe this version was supposed to be Reynold, Sylvia and (Maybe even Herlous and other guards) character development Arc as well. and Feidin stopping a war by singing feels something that will happen in this arc.

so Black Star Army official character development was skipped and the whole Silver Revolutionary version skipped

World Tree Civ Invasion rushed
    Like when HX gaining [Virtual Purification-Restore] in Virtual Mutiny virus leading to castrating World Tree Beyond Grade A fighters

and him capturing Tree Heart King with spacetime amber weakening the Tree God's Descent

due to this Tree Civs Arcs which Karlot was supposed to star in was considered rushed as well.

Manison's AI Civ Arc skipped (maybe its even a whole version)
    The AI Civ Arc with Risda and Aroshia was skipped
    ( which i feel deliberately left out as she was supposed to be HX First time in Darkverse the energy being to energy being exchange XD)

She was with HX every fight and and will provide him with more energy for burst or sustain but was stopped and later on attributing it to Risda being annoying (which he is)
    author prolly thought including this characters will just prolong with the story unnecessarily considering the Main arc is skipped due to the [Virtual Purification-Restore] skill.

Considering how he has millions? or billions Lord's Avatar and his never leave his Hideout this can be a mini version itself if not a main version with how threatening his arsenal is to the Three UCivs and will join force to curb him out a bit

HX and Manison wrestling for Mechanical Deity religion

so much potential

Esgod and Gaud version skipped
    Gaud as well, was given a heavy foreshadowing (probably returning as a Boss of Version)
    which means his identity was supposed to be exposed

while researching the coordinates leading to Three UCivs discovering World Tree Civ and a War with ESGOD

instead of a Researcher faking it to stop the war which lead to a Version Skip

which where Evans and Marshall Teny was supposed to stand out

(im not sure but iirc there was supposed to be Big War between Three UCivs and Esgod which i supposed to be a version of its own) so Esgod and Gaud whole version skipped.

Pangon Arc and Star Alliance can be considered skipped
    Kunde Refugee reappearance feels off as well, maybe some unexplored universe Civs was supposed to find them and get the coordinates to Flickering world and they will see the weakened Three Universal Civs dealing with the aftermath with World Tree Civs invasion. which Star Alliance can take advantage off. Which can result to Three UCivs vs unexplored universe Civs. Maybe these three will join forces together with the loser Civ- Lore? Lorese Civ? and some other outsider attacking the Three UCivs inside and out and can be a Whole version so another one skipped. and with World Tree Civ being able to revive maybe it will lead to all out war between 3 Universal Grade Civilisation. maybe its a Three way Universal War version.

Sorokin Arc
    1 times mental damage immunity from Onicelu(iirc?) and
    Kunde Rage skills and other psychic character cards and mental resistance received

that HX received feels a preparation for the fight vs the "Soul emperor"

as the previous owner of Soul Flame which can build a big secretive organization which almost guaranteed no possibility of traitor
    combined with his numerous different identity prepared and massive wealth encompassing the whole explored universe
    a person who has the backing of entire Galactic black market due to his wealth and connection

the primordial one who kept living since the exploration era
    a Peak Beyond grade A who hides his power
    the person who started the Tragedy of Pinnacles

when you list it like that his ending is really comical tho its fun and enjoyable in its own way

6th Sanctum Door Mystery
    maybe its the Information Form state sanctum

i feel its supposed to be about the 2nd dimensions and Celestial Star Alliance and Main Three Universal Civilizations Information form stripping plan was supposed to rely on this to pass their information to the next iteration.

Maybe Celestial Star Alliance only has 5 sanctum and the Mutation leading to creation was Secondary Dimension making it possible to pass information form state to the next iteration is their doing resulting to the creation of the 6th Sanctum

maybe even destiny's child was related to this or is he really the main consciousness of the Dark Iteration Universe (as it is a subdimension)

this is probably the one that was supposed to reveal MC's Rebirth instead of Message Board

well it will forever be a mystery

Others
    The Unused Virtual Mutiny Virus [probably vs Tree Civ or Star Alliance],

Wuornos and Beyonder's Vestige felt something like a buildup but was cut off

The Mechanical Race still some received some love at the end but its feels there was supposed to be more maybe with the Manison Ai Arc but Black Star Spirit Race was completely forgotten

this is my only Gripe with the earlier version
    Old man Lu and Lu Qian didn't make a reappearance maybe they really died in one of those disaster and the last "Meaningful smile" became a whole nother meaning

also recruiting Warlord Lu Cheng to the Sanctuary lost its significance

Maybe Author felt the story staying in the surface centered around kingdom building and surface wars was not exciting enough considering the Version 1.0 has the same theme

Despite the shit ton of things i listed I really love this book and i respect this author a lot.

Very different from other webnovel authors who "rush" the ending where they go *blagam* the last war arc is solved or the "open ending" where its still in middle of the last war/fight arc then suddenly its up to your imagination open to "different interpretation and millions of possibilities"

You can see that he has a glossary, timetable or even a bible for the novel preparing, foreshadowing, setting up future events many many arcs ahead.

While this made those rushed or skipped arcs and parts stands out even more but Author kept everything "logical" or in "sequence" while cleaning this up

Where tho you can feel its rushed you can also see that's its somewhat possible and reasonable for it to end that way. Respect +1

I absolutely love the explanation regarding MC being inside the "Game" and players still being able to login while i somewhat heard about the Great Reset or Great Reboot before
    TLM's Iteration and Sanctum is a breath of fresh air for me and i love how it fits perfectly at the end
    Celestial Star Alliance
    • 1st Civ who succeeded passing "Information State" to another Iteration outside Sanctum which survived the Great Reboot
    • Figured out how to pass their "Universe Iteration" to the next iteration as a Information State calling it "Information Form Stripping Plan" however it failed leading/due to a mutation resulting to Secondary Dimensions formation with them being stuck in a specific Timeloop inside one.
    Three Universal Civilisation (Last Iteration)
    • 1st Civ who succeeded to "somewhat" survived through the Great Reboot.
    • Seeing the feasibilty of the previous iterations's Plan, they try improved and perfect it however with the Great Reboot coming for them they were still not confident with the plan so they created the "Dark Iteration", a much more stable subdimension using the Information Form State of their iteration to buy more time. It will run parallel to the Next Main Iteration with 6:1 time difference.
    • These two iteration will have difficulty interacting with each other so that there will be no "mutation" or problem even if this subdimension has faster timeflow and undergo multiple reboot.
    Earth Player's Iteration (Current Main Iteration)
    and alongside this iteration is the Dark iteration that already experience 3 small reboot.
    Three Universal Civilisation <1st Darkverse Iteration>
    • Restarted to Zero and proceed to followed the same path as their previous Main Iteration Counterpart
    Three Universal Civilisation <2nd Darkverse Iteration>
    • They found out that they need to "Rematerialize" to the Main Iteration so they created "Information Form Materialization device" but it lacked a "Information Form carrier" from the true universe in the Main iteration to act as a LINK or a BRIDGE so it failed.
    • They created Information Form connection between with the Main Iteration and Dark iteration for the next iteration.
    Three Universal Civilisation <3rd Darkverse iteration>
    • "Information Form Materialization device" Mutated into World Tree and went berserk so they failed again.
    • Weakens(?) the World Tree and created Control terminal for it
    • Dark iteration intersected with the Main iteration as a VR game not specified if they specifically created a VR game but most likely as they are advanced enough in this regard
    1. however for Earthlings they must have thought their "photon processor" something was simulating the entire Darkverse into their VR consoles
    2. or the "Galaxy Developers" programmed it etc etc but it is just the Manifestation of the Information Form connection created by the Darkverse [like with the Destiny Child phenomena] and is most likely "Space Wonder" of the Mainverse

• Players "Logged In" into Dark Iteration and became the "BRIDGE" between the Main and Dark Iteration as the "Information Form carrier" which was supposed to carry Information state of Darkverse to the Mainverse.
    • This is MC Han Xiao 1st life
    • Seeing the repeated "Version Updates" of Players where the Main iteration and Dark Iteration are completely cut off from each other. They felt that 'Players" are not stable enough as "Bridge" to migrate the Dark Iteration to the Main iteration so they decided to make a "Stable Interference Bridge" by capturing a "True State" of individual Information Form records from the Mainverse [which are the players who logged in and played Galaxy]
    • HX was randomly chosen and his Information Form State was captured and transported to Darkverse erasing the Han Xiao of earth from the "Reality"
      1. HX speculated that this version of Three UCivs designed following his "Interface" to help the him as a life support so he can stably survive in the Darkverse instead of just a being a Mutation from Player's Interface
      2. No Idea if this move made this iteration reboot as HX memory stops at him still logging in the game meaning the game is live and Dark iteration and Main Iteration are connected and possibly the cause of it regressing for around 10years
    Three Universal Civilisation <4th Darkverse iteration>
    • Control Terminal mutated to Pivotal Snake but retains its restraining feature,
    • The Mainverse (or just Earth) went back 10yrs when they captured HX Information Form State and the Dark Iteration first time affected the timeline of the outside of its Darkverse and the Galaxy game went back to Close beta (maybe 10years = 10 version = 10 pro leagues or just 10-9-9)
    • Black Star Era
    Dark Iteration recombines to Main Iteration (The Great Reboot will no longer post threat for the Last Surviving Civs)

Im very satisfied with the ending while i love to see a sequel, im not getting my hopes up
    but side story is more likely

Shield Loyalist, Tsoob and Astaroth like this.
  2. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically first thing mentioned is how suddenly MC can understand the information provided by the skills and what not instead of it all being gibberish

Haven't read all the information in the spoilers, but looks good and organized.

I pretty much fully agree on all you mentioned, particularly how even though a lot of things got rushed author made sure to make it still make sense. e.g. it still made sense that the "Silver Revolution" got "skipped", since plainly they had little reason to exist with how everything ended up.

The Ai Virus thingy came earlier because of butterfly effect, which 3 Great Civs brilliantly took care off thanks to Black Star & Manison (if it was just Manison he would've let it run rampant on purpose to get more info & steal it, as he still tried, but because of MC he had more pressure on solving it fast.) and there was just a lot less unrest and animosity in large part because of MC.

Also good to have someone use the HTL terminology, since I myself read it on LNMTL long before the HTL was complete. So I wasn't sure what stuff was called on the Webnovel translation + it's been quite a while since I read it.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    Omegataku likes this.
  3. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Lets be happy the the author at least gave it a happy ending

Omegataku likes this.
  4. Renzy

Renzy 『⚓』『JackOfAllTrades』『7years』

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no Romance.. Pure Action.. atleast he has a daughter at the ending..

Omegataku likes this.
  5. sherry90

sherry90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im at chap 2 but im the type to search for minor spoiler, so can you tell me is the game world another world/universe? Like everything is real and he stays at the end? I have read the wiki but it didnt say what kind of world it is.... Like is he literally isekai-ed not like sao but more like i reincarnated as a slime where the world is real...

6. angora

angora Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is actually huge a plan that includes all universe and the game is just a tool even MC and gamers are just tools for the plan. So yes the game universe is very real.

7. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The game really exists in the universe, it just happens that the MC existed on the game he knew during the current iteration. I'm just wondering why you asked that question? Don't they usually stay?

8. angora

angora Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dude use the spoiler tag. there may be people wondering how outhor explain the 10-year time lag and the game. To put a spoiler tag use this: [spoiler ] whatever you write [/spoiler] (remove the space in the first braket)

9. Rajputra

Rajputra Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it was mentioned the galaxy knowledge is filtered through the system they have the game interface and they only hear that technology and knowledge as gibberish , maybe the the final three universal civilizations did it so that the anchors (players) dont get knowledge about galaxy being a real thing and not a game or it could be the players cant comprehend the knowledge or if they could it will have an effect on their minds or something thats why there is a system there to help the players

there is a manga/manhwa/manhua adaptation to this????

10. Renzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a game world but a different dimension.. it will be found out in the last part

Yes

11. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Well this is the Latest Chapter Discussion thread, and the novel has been completed for like a year (maybe half a year for the translation on Webnovel?) so it's fine.

Yeah, though from what I saw it seems pretty meh. Both the actual adaption and the translation were disappointing. Art was good tho
    Basically the very first thing that happens after MC transmigrates into No. 0 (the Valkyrie experiment in Germination's Base) is that he gets surprised how all this information from skills and what not are real and not just gibberish.

There's also an example where the Han Xiao does a lecture in some academy or whatever and it's broadcasted so players listening to it get comprehension but to them it all sounds like gibberish because they can't actually understand it at all.

Basically part of the whole thing is that for one reason or another certain information can't be shared between the Dark Iteration and the "real" world where the players are from.

Another example of this would be how whenever the players try to tell the "NPCs" that they're in a game they can't actually hear it.

As for the actual explanation for how this works, well there is none, but I guess it can be chalked up to something like because the Dark Iteration is a false/shadow dimension the dimensions can't have influence each other or the universe would collapse or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is an LCD for a completely translated novel. I ain't gonna use a spoiler tag for someone who clearly looked for spoilers in the first place.

13. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Haaah. You'd think that Han Xiao would prefer Earth to be somewhere in the Supers Holy Land or at least next to Aquamarine, but author just had to go and let it be in the Central Galaxy near the three hooligans.

Oh well, I read that planets can be moved so Han Xiao may probably do so and then let it grow under his 'protection'.

14. Renzy

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say one of the best interstellar novel so far..

userunfriendly and Transcribe like this.
  15. Transcribe

Transcribe Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 on this being one of the better webnovels I've read

userunfriendly likes this.