Discussion Webnovel(WebDevil)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Domn, Aug 26, 2021.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. Yes

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Domn

Domn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is web novel going from bad to worse? It is keep on getting worse and worse as there is no end to that. The translation used to be so good and the novels quality was good enough. Now, all we see is trash mtl translation without any editing, bad quality novels that they found on the nearest trash, questionable long time between the trial reading and the real release of the novel. I don't even wanna talk about the suspicious way they choose the novels from trial read.

Then, after all this, they added this stupid thing where when ever someone gift the novel a castle you get a notification. I mean, wtf? This is unbearable. I am a paid user yet i need to suffer from something even worse than ads. I am thinking to cancel my subscription since it doesn't worth the money anymore (as if it was worth it before).

What do you guys think about it?

Exalted and UnGrave like this.
  2. lazyfujo

lazyfujo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    umm the poll is... a bit... skewed. Almost like how my mom expects me to answer when she says something.

xnvesha.14, Exalted and Lissi like this.
  3. Domn

Domn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, it is just that i am not democratic lol

Exalted and lazyfujo like this.
  4. lazyfujo

lazyfujo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can already tell you'll be a great parent. One of the best.

Domn likes this.
  5. Eternal Emperor

Eternal Emperor SelfAware-PieceOfShit

Reading List:
    Link
    If you’re not a paid user, can tolerate somewhat poor translation quality and use 3rd party sites to subvert fast pass limits… Webnovel isn’t too bad

IamSoBored123, asriu and lazyfujo like this.
  6. Stiw99

Stiw99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is, it wasn't worth it when they deleted their model when you read as much as you want for whatever that price was. The new buisness model was so horribly greedy that i outright switched to pirate sites, like wtf? I pay you decent amount of money and yet you manage to throw away novels i like and raise your price like 10x? And it's not even worth to rage about that fall of quality where as you said most of new novels are just mtl without look of editor. Want money? copy paste to translate google. Booom, translation complete. At this point it just seems to me that they don't give a single damn as long as there is some cash flowing

7. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    You can try reading Books.
    Or Original English Web Novel.

8. anotherAniket

anotherAniket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I get like 20 messages a day. Coins, premium membership, privileged chapters, golden tickets, gifts, votes.. I wonder if they'll start taking Bitcoins next.

Then there's the issue of bots. Fake reviews, votes and whatnots. Negative/critical reviews can be deleted by authors themselves without giving any reason whatsoever. So, now every novel is rated 4.5 or something. It's such a mess. Every new update, they add something stupid and dig themselves deeper into this shit hole.

The only reason I still use Webnovel is that lots of original English novels get published there. Which don't get hammered by the censorship.

Exalted and lazyfujo like this.
  9. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    it's a very common complaint that's getting kinda old...

10. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I'm all for sitting on webnovel. I've hated them for so long that I'm only happy to hear other people complain about them. Too bad they haven't been killed off as a company.

Exalted likes this.
  11. Domn

Domn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This makes me happy ngl

12. NoLongerTheSame

NoLongerTheSame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't say I never saw it coming.

13. Hegao

Hegao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's because they are eating more they can chew. They are releasing novels every week. So they probably don't have enough man power to translate.

14. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    imo they try to bring cn wn site model to international reader~ but forget the "translation" process lol~ idk why they don't just copy lil bit Jnovel Club model~ jnovel club seem run ok even get kadokawa support while webnovel seem meh~

15. anon anon anon

anon anon anon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is exactly the reason why... at first they had good quality cause they "employed" fan translators with editors that cared about quality. after all easy pickings that they could threaten and employ from fan translations to continue translations, they employed some people who could translate chinese to english and you got decent quality novel translations. but cause you had finite amount of people who wanted to work for probably shitty contracts of webnovel they started to machine translate and edit the novels to readable english. now they are westernizing and half of those novels are straight up made up based on some "original" (well if you can say that those novels are original) authors work.