Spoiler I Picked Up the Second Male Lead After the Ending

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ahmya, Sep 6, 2020.

1. SolNiger

SolNiger Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Write a fanfic, so you can have your happy ending lol

shikirri and manvugu like this.
  2. manvugu

manvugu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No way, I wouldn't go that far. It's just to me, after what they've gone through, the ending was pretty bland. I expected her to at least go back to Garden, at least that, and then work towards their reunion. It was lame, honestly. I won't create a fanfic, because it's not the real deal. I don't "enjoy" (I don't bother reading through) fanfics because it's not the author's final product.

Those were just my illusions for a satisfying ending, I would've been happier with another closure the author could've created. But that's not the case. And that's why I'm disappointed. You can like it, I just don't - personally, it's a lame ending.

3. SolNiger

SolNiger Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where did you read the novel?

4. manvugu

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read the MTL version left here. It's not complete, but you can grasp the situation with just the spoilers.

5. Lelouchb19

Lelouchb19 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i agree that ml has the right to refuse or is not oblige to accept fl's confession or love. But u know, u can still treat her as a person or even a guest. You lack so many proper manners as a human or an owner catering a guest. You agreed to her 100 days deal, then, stood up and take responsibility! Plainly reject and refuse but never forgets that she is a weak woman and needs assistance while shes staying on ur place! I would prefer also to have the fl go back first to garten before he accepts ml's proposal. at least she would be healed something or can think everything before giving away her heart again. i may be expected that they are the end game, but i preferred the fanfic ending (created by a user here, ending with 2ml). well, i am just a reader so im just thankful i am reading this for free! Hahaha, thank you author and the user who translates the chapters. arigatou gouzaimasu.

snzzykitten and manvugu like this.
  6. iamwhoami

iamwhoami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i have a question. Everyone keeps mentioning the 2ml and Ritch.
    1.Are they the same person?
    2.who is ML?
    3.who is 2ML?
    4.is Richt 2ML or is he the ML?
    5. in the spoilers, it said that the ML died, who's the ML?
    6. who died?
    if someone could kindly please explain to me i'll be really grateful

SofiyeJaan likes this.
  7. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1- there’s no second male lead it’s just that people were tired of the story and started creating endings
    2- Richt is the male lead
    3- there’s no second male lead in the novel
    4- Richt is the male lead
    5 - no one died lol

SofiyeJaan likes this.
  8. iamwhoami

iamwhoami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, so that wasn't real? I even told my sister that Ritch died and i kept hitting the floor because i thought that was the ending. My sister was shocked too. I was fooled. :blob_teary:

manvugu likes this.
  9. Heich

Heich Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi , can someone help me find chp 87 & 88 , i cant find it TT

Also, can someone tell me what chp is when the fl and peony get kinnapped ?

10. manvugu

Reading List:
    Link
    Best ending!!! POGGERS!! U a writer?

iamwhoami likes this.
  11. Isekaifan13wen

Isekaifan13wen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I already read it all. The side story too
    In the never novel app. But now it's not available for free anymore.

[/
    * there is no 2ML
    *our FL will try to bake sweet and care for ML
    But ML just like a stone(seriously this make me angry)
    *the king and queen(OG ML and FL) will ask ML to bring FL in the castle.
    *they went to the castle together, and ML will ask the wagon to stop for our FL. But ML don't wan't to show it(cause his tsundere personality)
    *they arrive in the palace and have dinner with the king and queen (og FL and ml) FL think the og FL really pretty. But the og FL(queen) think our FL really cute. She will give FL and ml the engagement ring as a gift. (Seriously ml, you need your past crush to give you a couple engagement ring? You can't buy it yourself?)
    *FL will visit the garden or some tree that contain memories of ml our FL read in the novel. And try to picture the scene, FL will meet ml there when she visit the tree(if I'm not wrong. Cause I not really remember clearly)
    *queen will take our FL to meet the Duchess from the capital, I already forgot the Duchess name. But the Duchess like our FL and want her son to married to FL
    *there is a wagon incident when the queen(og FL) and our FL in the same wagon. The ml try to rescue with the horse, there are 2 hand outside the wagon window. Ml reach the queen(og FL) hand. Which make our FL upset and hurt(in her heart) but she try to put the most beautiful smile for ml when her eyes wet in tears. She thought, she want ml remember the her most beautiful smile for her last moment (she think she will die from the wagon crash).
    Ml looking straight to FL smiling crying face and think why she smile like that what she know she will die at any moment. I forgot how ml feel at that time, cause my heart hurt for reading this scene.
    Then, the wagon crash and our FL got hurt.
    Actually ml already love our FL but not realize his heart.
    When the wagon rescue accident, actually ml want to rescue FL but he got the wrong hand. He thinks that our FL hand, and turn out that's not.
    This scene cause misunderstanding both FL and ml.
    *FL brother know about this accident and got mad at ml. ML accepted it all, once again I said ML maybe a stone reincarnation. He think he not worth it for the FL. The brother want FL comeback to FL hometown castle but FL still want together with ml till their 100 promise day end.
    *FL get back with mL to ML dukedom. Still treat ml the same, baking cake for ml when her body not 100% heal yet. Ml know this and try stop FL.
    *I forget when this happens but, there is a scene when FL brother say that FL fav fruit not strawberry to ML. ML actually think FL love strawberry cause she always made dessert with strawberry. Later FL say to ml, she make that cause ml love strawberry.
    *FL went to the town in the dukedom and meet a noble man that open a cake roll dessert shop. FL want to buy the cake and visit the man. Ml know about this and got jealous with the noble man. He went to find FL in the shop and see FL sleeping in front of the Noble man.
    He thinks the noble man feed her something like a drug but actually nothing happened FL just eat something that contain alcohol in it and don't have alcohol tolerance. So FL passes out. ML hug FL and bring her back to the Duke castle.
    *FL stay and help dukedom to have some honeyfarm. FL help tu build the place, ect.
    *ml realised his feeling and try to confess. But.. Our FL lost her hope. She thinks ml still love hestia(og FL) not sure if ml love for her big enough, ect. The feeling complicated.
    She thinks about the thing that happen and decided she just want ML happy and not to push her feeling to him. Now that she realized she love him more than she know. She became hurt and decided to back to her hometown. Cause she can't accept ml feeling, when she really in love, ml past feeling for og FL became matter for her. It's breaking her heart everytime she think about it.
    *ml will try everything to stop FL leaving and say he love her. But... FL still wanna leave, cause she can't do this anymore.
    *she leave before 100day end. Ml looking FL from his office window. Seeing FL went inside her wagon. (FL don't know this)
    *FL got kidnapped in the way home. The kidnaper know she is the Duke fiance and decided to blackmail the Duke for money. They cut FL hair and send it to the Duke. FL say to the kidnaper, the Duke will never come and never give them money(she doesn't think the ml love her big enough to sacrifice his money and come to safe her) she became gloomy.
    *meanwhile in the Duke castle, ml missed FL. He saw the FL drawing for the honeyfarm project, and FL stuff. He keep it all and treasure it. Look like he really love FL, he just realized now.
    *the blackmail letter came to the Duke castle. The ml read it and decided to give whatever and no matter how much money the kidnaper want to safe the FL. ML leave the dukedom in hurry to save the FL.
    *he save the FL. They reunite
    *FL look sad, no smile and gloomy. Now their role switch, ml became caring ect. But our FL don't want to accept ml heart.
    *they back to Duke castle. FL want to find her wagon, cause her engagement ring still there(she don't tell this to ml)
    *ml doesn't want FL find the wagon quickly cause he don't want FL to leave him. He think, before, FL do all the things for him. Now he have to do things for FL. Now he know what the FL feels when he don't care about her before (in the100day engagement). He taste his own medicine cause FL ignore him now.
    FL just want to focus for her own happiness now. (It's make sense cause she already do her best for our stone ml happiness in their 100day and got hurt from it.)
    *one night FL visit ml room (I forgot what for, maybe for discussion about something.) It took a while for ml to open the door. Then he open the door with his formal clothe. When they talking later, FL accidentally saw the bed and open the bed cover. She find a pajama in the bed cover, that ml hide in a rush (ml actually prepare to sleep and wearing pajama. When FL knock his door, he immediately change his clothe to look cool and hide everything in the bed cover. LOL)
    ML became embarrassed.
    *FL found out ml keep her drawing and things from the honey farm project. (In this point FL realized ml did treasure her things and really love her.)
    *ml did roll so bad to win her heart back, I wish he suffer a bit longer but... Our FL did forgive him and accept him.
    *he proposed. I forgot how he proposed to FL, but I remember FL accepted it.
    *they got married
    * side story begin
    It's tell about the story after marriage.
    Ml and FL went together to garten(FL hometown castle.)
    It's a cute moment, cause 3 man( FL dad and 2 bro) got jealous with ml. They said that FL handpick strawberry alone for ml.
    *they share a story how close they are with FL
    The brother and her dad too
    *they don't really like ml(cause they jealous)
    *I'm not really remember all the things in the side story cause the side story just about their interaction in garten kingdom with FL father and brother.

That's all the plot for the story, till the side Story.

Sorry it's not perfect. cause, English not my main language.

There is no villain, no second lead. It's just a plain, but still enjoyable novel.

I find the ml is not attractive enough

The FL personality not my taste but I don't hate it.

ML not a jerk, but his personality killing me. Cause his so called trundere personality. He hurt our FL heart and cause missunderstanding. Later he changed, he will say he love her and say she pretty. It's make FL startled cause ml personality not like that before.
    He slowly change into a slave of love(LOL) :blobxd:

Hope this this spoiler enough to satisfy your thirst:blobxd:
    ]
    :blobxd::blobxd:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  12. Gru

Gru Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why people are so upset with this? ML’s treatment towards the MC is understandable.
    Read the Wicked Queen where the ML took in a foreign princess to marry, threw the MC out, and MC almost getting killed because of that.
    This ML is realistic.

shikirri, 81ganzy, zoefleyl and 3 others like this.
  13. AMNigma

AMNigma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So it's like Lady to Queen where the bastard doesn't really deserve our MC, but he gets off Scot free anyway?

Got it. Disappointed, but not surprised.

14. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ??? Why are you comparing this with lady to queen. Just because Richt loved someone else at the start of the novel doesn’t mean he doesn’t deserve Pionne.
    I kind of hated the novel at first (still dislike it) because of the angst, but I realized it’s realistic here how the male lead doesn’t fall in love with the mc for no reason like in other novels

Hazel123, shikirri, 81ganzy and 4 others like this.
  15. babayagu

babayagu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, as much as I can appreciate the author turning the cliche of the first love on its head and making Hestia and Michael decent people who wish the best for the ML, I am surprised to see people not discuss the naivity of Hestia.

While Hestia owned Richt nothing, and was not responsible for not loving him back, it does make me feel yucky how both she and Michael accepted his sacrifice so easily, how they accepted Richt's isolation so naturally. Richt's decision was not made in a vacuum. It was the decision of a man with a difficult childhood where he was always compared and pitted against his half brother, who was always put down by his mother, and who fell in love with Hestia.

Neither Hestia nor Michael seem to have made Richt's life after his sacrifice much better, nor tried to ease his life.

I personally believe Richt's discussion with Hestia in that chapter over tea was the highlight of the novel and perhaps one of the best scenes in Korean romance novels. Hestia's naivity was clear to see - she truly expected Richt to be able to move on after his rough childhood and heartbreak, despite his life and circumstances not getting any better. I'm sure Hestia would have loved for all of them to have a happily ever after moment. I don't know, it felt selfish of her to become so involved in his life and push him towards Peonnie. It would have been in her best interest as well - she would have lessened her own guilt and washed her hands clean of the burden of Richt's life being the opposite of the dreamy reality she and Michael live in.

Agree. However, the author addressed how the MC had to come to the realization that while she was introduced to these people as characters in a novel, in this reality, they are actual human beings whose feelings don't stop when the novel ends. That the novel she read was but a glance into the lives of complex human beings. It was addressed in a spoiler a few pages back.

ReineLamia, sachii, Grace34 and 14 others like this.
  16. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find Hestia's character and the original ML to be the most irritating characters. I can't blame the current ML for not having feelings for the FL here as he has made it clear from the start he didn't like/want her. But Hestia's behavior on the other hand...

My problem with Hestia is that even after friend-zoning and being the reason Richt sacrificed everything for. And clearly conveying thagt she does not reciprocate his feelings, she still hovers around his life which is counterproductive as this makes it harder for Richt to "move on" emotionally. I think this is because just like her beau she is very self-absorbed. When seeing Richt is showing signs of having an interest in someone else, rather than stand the hell back. She thinks it's her role to play "match-maker" to bring the two together when in reality this has the polar effect and even makes the FL feel uncomfortable because the more Richt is around Hestia the harder it is for him to move on and let go of his lingering attachment. Rather than the ML's attention focus being on Peony it regresses back to Hestia. I really pity Peony at this stage, especially the scene when the ML had a choice between saving Hestia and Peony - he chooses Hestia.

oML takes Richt for granted and believes Richt is obligated to be his and Hestia's "fall guy" and fix their problems for them. Whereas, Hestia seems like one of those fake nice girls who enjoys having a guy she doesn't like on the hook to make herself feel special.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  17. roseO

roseO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much! You're truly a god send.

Isekaifan13wen likes this.
  18. Asheza

Asheza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler! Indeed, ML is not an asshole in general, he was just a man who failed in love and decided not to trust himself to love again because he doesn't want to be in pain again but I also wish the story would be meaner to him lol.

19. Enjuchan

Enjuchan New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey y'all, new here, and made an account just to comment. Thanks so much for the spoilers! I found this today on Webtoon, fell in love with the story, and kept looking for translations until I found this thread. Glad because now I can follow the webtoon without going mad between chapter releases, haha.

The only question I have is about saving the og FL scene. I was really, REALLY hurt when I read it because in situations like these, your subconscious acts and true feelings come through...but then I read a summary by a reader a few posts back which said that he meant to catch the FL's hand and caught the ogFl's instead...the wrong one. Is that accurate? Would love to know because if that is the case, then he loved the FL even then, and I guess I shouldn't feel so bad about it now, lol.

Again, thank you so much for the spoilers and the translations. Saved me MONTHS of angst over an already angsty story.

StrawberryShin likes this.
  20. badsanta88

badsanta88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I don't think this subject is that "controversial" and complex because it's pretty natural in real life, Richt's reactions are quite normal, he wasn't FL's husband, he didn't have to be responsible for how he reciprocated FL's feeling and how he treated FL, he didn't have to end up with his FL (similar to the way most of us don't end up with our crushes in real life). For the sake of drama, harlequin novels usually exploited this trope but with a more extreme and unacceptable route, their MLs tend to be husbands who would humiliate and tarnish their wives' dignity and image in the public for the woman he pining for.
    We rooting for FL because she's ...FL, if she's an extra then nobody care and some might find her pathetic if they have never had a crush before.

@Enjuchan
    Spoiler I believe he chose Hestia, his love and attention didn't get easily swayed from Hestia to FL. From a certain pov, you can tell that Richt was a good man, his love for Hestia was real and he was faithful to her.