Favorite or Loathed Food

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by IReadWhenBoredSoWhat, Aug 25, 2021.

1. IReadWhenBoredSoWhat

IReadWhenBoredSoWhat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For...reasons...tell me your favorite or most hated foods. Or drinks I suppose.

Mainly, it's for character building cause I've got a few characters that cook and people are weird about preferences so it seemed fun.

For example, I love broccoli and loathe avocados to their pitted core, I'm (mildly) allergic to milk but no god will stop me from ice cream or cream puffs as my throat only swells up a little and I can still breathe so it's fine.

Silver Snake and judeiiro like this.
  2. JIKI

JIKI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    favorite food: chicken/duck
    hated: mushroom

favorite drink: orange juice
    hated: coffee

IReadWhenBoredSoWhat likes this.
  3. 10sWBlade

10sWBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Favourite food : burgers
    Hated : eggplant

4. ellie357

ellie357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if we are talking about weird preferences, ill eat most dairy products but i HATE when it looks or smells too much like milk, so like melted ice cream and sometimes alfredo sauce and like a glass milk make me gag but if its milk in coffee or cheese etc its great like i love that shit.

my fave food is probably sushi, my most hated food is probably coleslaw
    my fave drink is probably ice cold water or (if that doesnt count) cranberry juice and my most hated drink is milk (lol)

best of luck w ur story!

5. MinUp

MinUp Maidenless, yet Homiefull

Reading List:
    Link
    Favorite food: Ice cream
    Hated: Raisins

Favorite drink: Soda
    Hated: Store-bought powdered melon juice

6. Sushi rice

Sushi rice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    favorite food: anything to do with rice (rice pudding, atole de arroz, steamed rice, fried rice, sushi rice).
    Least favorite food(s): anything slimy (raw foods) because the texture makes me want to vomit.

Fav drink: green tea
    Hated: I can drink pretty much anything, but I hate anything too sweet.

7. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    Favorite: Bulalo
    Hated: Liver

Favorite cause it is something I don't get to eat often. Also cause my grandmother makes it. Liver cause of the texture.

8. Owl1412

Owl1412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Favorite food: ice cream
    Hated food: Celery or coconut. Maybe coconut because I can sometimes tolerate celery if there’s a really heavy sauce to cover up the taste

Favorite drink: chocolate milkshake
    Hated drink: unsweetened tea or coffee. I just hate bitter things

9. frrama

frrama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a vegetarian who thoroughly despises nearly all fruit and most vegetables, along with all spicy or generally strongly-flavoured foods, oh and most things with an even slightly 'slimy' texture. (Yes, my diet is terrible.) So "most hated foods": 90% of everything! - but I reserve a special level of loathing for anything flavoured primarily with cinnamon or coffee.

Favourite food: pizza. I often put pineapple on it. I am a heretic and I am not ashamed.

10. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Favorite food: Ice cream/ Meat/ chocolate/ Fruit/ spicy food
    Hated food: Cheese/ broccoli/ mayonnaise/ cream

11. Xian Piete

Xian Piete Author of many mediocre stories

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, fuck that mayonnaise shit.

12. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a trouble with most foods that can't be categorised as "bland", be it mildly spicy, somewhat bitter, or even notably tangy, and outright dislike the flavour of mint, though I'm fine with even significantly sweet things. In addition, I love drinking pineapple juice through a tiny straw (or eating the frozen juice with a spoon), but the texture of pineapple itself completely creeps me out and I can't eat it. I'm fine with most seafood, standard muscle meat (I haven't tried any organ/sweet meats) most nuts so long as they're raw, a few fruit and vegetables, and most things considered "junk food".

However, I have also not cared much about food throughout my life, in that I'm probably happier buying myself a $20 steak and chips from a local bar than I would be being invited to a Michelin star restaurant for someone else to pay $200+ for me to eat their equivalent of steak and chips. Even though I don't drink, and don't think highly of beer battered chips.

13. IReadWhenBoredSoWhat

IReadWhenBoredSoWhat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They may shoot us for it, but pineapple really isn't that bad on pizza. I worry for your health random stranger, but you've lived this long so all the power to ya!:blobhero:

wait is sweet meat a real thing?
    And honestly, I've never been a connoisseur myself so I've never noticed the difference between fancy places or not. Except the salmon, oily, dry, or just rubbery salmon just annoys me so I have to make it at home or go somewhere nice ish.
    and I promise not to pick a fight over mint, the plant that had to be edible or it'd overrun the world

frrama likes this.
  14. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    To my understanding, sweetmeats were an archaic term used for organ meats. I'll just google this to confirm.

Okay, now this is confusing. Sweetmeats was a term used for sweet things, like candies, cakes, pastries and preserves, while sweetbreads was a term used for certain organ meats, like the pancreas or thymus glands. Link to the site where I got this information from: https://shannonselin.com/2016/09/sweetbreads-sweetmeats-bonapartes-ribs/

So, yes, "sweetmeats" were a thing, but they were just sweets without any meat, while "sweetbreads" were meats that were considered delicacy's.

And I'm probably one of the furthest things from a food connoisseur you can find. My assumption was formed due to my prolific reading habits, and I just checked for confirmation online to be corrected.

15. Valley

Valley Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Favorite food : Pork, apple, spinach, potatoes, cake, ice cream
    Least favorite food : tofu, any food with green beans

Favorite drink : chocolate milk, tea, coffee, normal water
    Least favorite drink : jamu , strawberry milk, any drinks with green beans