Discussion How if at all possible could I have it so I continue to use Microsoft Word, Excel/equivalent,

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kadmos1, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    O.K., so I have been subscribing Microsoft 365 Personal since 9/22/2017 and the only time that I didn't in that span was from 12/24/2018 to 3/18/2019 (around those dates). Why do I keep getting billed? How if at all possible could I have it so I continue to use Microsoft Word, Excel/equivalent, Outlook, and maybe One Drive on my desktop but not be subjected to having to constantly pay for them? That it, outside of buying an official disc with them on it then install it onto my desktop. Yes, I am using Windows 10.

2. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Augur』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    upload_2021-8-26_21-54-21.png
    So you've been paying 70 dollars a year? It's an automatic renewal subscription. The only way I can say on getting Microsoft Office 365 for free is via your school email from university/college, I mean that's how I use it for free.... as I'm using it for education.

3. Benguin

Benguin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure if you have this loophole or not, but even I graduated, I retained my email account, just under an alumni domain, and since our school's email runs on the Microsoft 365 platform, it also happens to be linked to all the other services as well:blobowoevil_horns:

4. Bobwillrule

Bobwillrule Supreme Ruler of Bobylon

Reading List:
    Link
    If you only want all the things listed except for the one drive. I'm pretty sure that the word etc stuff comes with windows. If not, I think you could get a sketchy pirated version(risks involved). I used that for a long time now and it still works pretty well. There's also an free online word you could use.

Outlook is free? I have 5 of those.

For OneDrive there's nothing you could really do since it's stored in Microsoft's server, the only way to obtain it would be to hack Microsoft's system. An alternative I use is Google drive to back up my stuff.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  5. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    in china it's free basically. all I have to do is log in with my wechat

6. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    I bought a version that doesn't update. It was 2016 version. It was like a gift card. Sorry but can't remember anything more it's been a while.

7. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    The one of my teachers at my Uni knows my mom for 15+ years and has lived in the same neighborhood 4 doors down if I wanted office I could ask her to send my a link.

I never have needed since I have 2010 which works fine. I don't see a need to even update it since they have everything you need and there is no problems or updates.