Question Naver Adult Verification (for foreigners), how do you "log in"?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by itsgraxiabibi, Aug 27, 2021.

1. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    After multiple times of trying, I finally got the message from Naver that they have verified my age, and I am now suitable for smut/adult books :blobowoevil_horns:

Note: account verification is different from age verification if you're a foreigner. I have my account verified as soon as I signed up, but I realized just this week that it does not include them verifying my age.

Here's the email that I got from Naver today

Dear user, thank you for reaching out to NAVER.

We have completed adult authentication of the account.

Also, your profile information has been changed as it appears on your ID card.

Please log in to NAVER with the account to use services for adults.
    FYI, you can use the services for adults for a year, and you have to get adult authentication again after a year.

Thanks and have a great day!

Yours faithfully,
    NAVER

I logged out and logged back in and tried to purchase something, but it still shows me the notice that I need to verify either by phone or i-pin.

Can anyone advise what to do, please? I've looked around at Naver but they only have information about what to submit to get verified.

alleniver likes this.
  2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
  3. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    The Hamster Overlord likes this.
  4. LunaAngel-Eclipse

LunaAngel-Eclipse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Never heard of naver but it sounds complicated as hell. Most websites are satisfied with just asking people's birthday in order to verify age. Never used a website that puts restrictions on foreigners either. All the websites I use send a verification link/code to my email and call it a day, regardless of what country I'm from.

5. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    This majesty is pleased with thine loyal answer. You will be spared when the Hamster invasion arrives

rialm likes this.
  6. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    Naver is one of the main sources for korean novel raws. Although, they have their own English webtoons under a different site. Wouldn't really bother with them except that they have some good books in there that I want to read (that isn't available on any other site)

We look forward to your tyrannical rule, my lord.

7. candyjelly

candyjelly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    itsgraxiabibi likes this.
  8. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! I already did those (although other people will definitely find those links useful) and I got the confirmation email. Im just stucked because they say Im verified (account and age) but I see no difference :(

9. candyjelly

Reading List:
    Link
    that’s weird... hmmm.. idk, i guess try asking for their help with this form? (it’s weekend in korea now so their reply might only come a bit later, on monday)
    https://help.naver.com/support/contents/contents.help?serviceNo=803&categoryNo=11006&contentsNo=17025&interactiveMainNo=17022

10. gyan7

gyan7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had tried getting on Naver long, long ago but back then it required a Korean id to confirm. Same with a lot of Chinese websites which are inclusive.

Anyway, after I looked it up, this seems to be a solution. I am not sure if it will help but I hope that it does work out for you, OP. Scroll down to the part where it says -

How to Set Up Naver Pay as a Foreigner.

- You will need a bank account with a Korean bank.
    - And a phone service provider with one of the Korean telecom companies.

( Crap, it says that I need atleast 5 posts to be able to post links or images. Just google up How to Set Up Naver Pay as a Foreigner.

Its the first result by 10mag. )

11. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I haven't tried Naver pay. I only ever buy cookies to access the chapters and I dont have a problem with that on my phone. Kakao Page, I do have a problem with them when it comes to payments :blobsad: What Naver products/service do you usually use that they require naver pay?

Thanks! I did send them another email altho I was hoping someone here knows what to do "after" they got verified :(

12. gyan7

gyan7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see.

I haven't tried this solution myself if that is what you were trying to ask. I looked it up after seeing you asking about it on a whim. I don't really have any interest in anything Korean except their manwha's but I can't read it so its pointless to get access to their raws.

13. Yasi

Yasi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should already be verified for 19+ novels. It just take a few hours or so for you to see it. Try again today or clear your cache.

Elyriona likes this.
  14. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    I
    Omg I will try that. Thank you!

15. Wing0

Wing0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's Korea's online platforms, plain & simple...

I had tried to play multiple Korean games during their launch in Korea, when I still used a Windows system in 2014. All the while trying to deal with the disaster known as Windows 8. Then I realized for every Korean platform, I had to go through a dark tunnel of verification after verification. Korean phone number, bank account/credit card, identity verification, etc.

Then, I gave up playing Windows games, & moved to *nix (GNU/Linux, Mac, etc.).

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  16. aqilwall

aqilwall Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I assumed that you wanted to buy books in Naver. Then you need to get verified first before you can pay. You dont need to pay with Naver pay, you can use paypal or your mobile number (oversea) bill. Naver do not accept any foreign credit cards. First is to get verified using your foreign passport or driver license. After verification ( 2-3 days for me) , everything is pretty easy. ( it was much harder in KKP.)
    here is another link to how to verfiy in naver. https://10mag.com/verify-naver-account-and-set-up-naver-pay-for-foreigners/

go to "Verify Naver Account from Overseas" (no korean mobile no. required.)

17. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! All good on my end, I just had to clear my cache after I got the confirmation from Naver. I'll share the link to my friend though bc it seems the link that I used doesnt work for her. She never received any reply from Naver.

18. pattiyawwww

pattiyawwww New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I would like to know that 19+ for korean is 18+ for us right? So can we verified at 18 or do we have to be 19 to verified our age like them.

19. candyjelly

Reading List:
    Link
    it’s 19+. for example, since it’s 2021, everyone who was born in 2002 or earlier can get verified. (afaik the birthdate doesn’t matter, like even if your birthday is actually in december, you can already get verified from january 1)

20. pattiyawwww

pattiyawwww New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks a lot!