Discussion Does this concept scare you

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 369806, Aug 28, 2021.

?

Do you fear the concept of an afterlife?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. I want my afterlife to be in an isekai

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. Reincarnation and past memories, here I come

21 vote(s)
    55.3%
  4. No, I lived a good life so I am cool with it

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  5. Other, please specify in a comment

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, mr Popo here and am back with another topic XD

Before we begin, let me say this in advance, don't look at this from a religious background if you are religious, I want this to be a topic that both religious and non religious nuffians can participate in if possible :blobsweat_2:

So, here is the thing, the idea of afterlife seems to scare a few, or maybe some if not of alot nuffians here XD

My question is here is why? like, we got no concrete proof for it to not exist, if anything, everything is relative and the possiblity for it to exist does exist and can't be yet be put to the test scientifically speaking, so let me hear what you have to say about it, and please, try to evade answers like or more or less similar to, "I don't know it therefore I want to believe in what I see or in what I know does exist" or "I don't like the idea of being judged so it is out of the question for it to exist to me", please, I want actual answers that would be convincing not something that might sound like what an escapist would say XD

Deleted member 202210 likes this.
  2. Anvis

Anvis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to Isekai or I become my novel main character.

3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe there most likely isn’t an afterlife, but if there is one, it both does and doesn’t scare me. For one thing, my unwillingness to believe in God should send me straight to hell, if it exists. But, I don’t think I’ve done anything else that would send me there. But… where would my family go? Hamster Mama committed a “sin” when she died, so she would probably go to hell. I don’t like thinking of her there, but I don’t like the idea of spending an eternity with her in the afterlife either, no matter where she ends up. And frankly the idea that she might be a ghost watching what I’m doing freaks me out completely. Because I know that she would not approve of a single thing about me right now. I can imagine just how much she’d want to murder me everyday if she could if she could see me now. And all I’m doing is being a salted hamster.

I don’t want to spend an eternity with Hamster Papa either. Living such an afterlife, with the two of them, even if it were in heaven, would be hell. And I know, Heaven wouldn’t be Heaven for Hamster Mama unless I was in it. Except for when she’s mad at me. I’d really, really rather go into nothingness, as terrifying as that is too.

As for being reincarnated with no memories, I guess that doesn’t sound so bad. But that and being isekai’d isn’t exactly the afterlife. It’s the next life. If I keep my memories, that’s even more the next life, than afterlife to me. Unless I get stuck in the hungry ghost route, or something. Then, since I’m a ghost, I guess that would be the afterlife.

4. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't comprehend my consciousness not existing, nor can I explain why I see the universes from my eyes and brain. It's such a bizarre phenomenon that I can't help but expect there's something else at play.

5. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    To tell you truth, I unconciously avoid this topic. I like to think that I would deal with it in the last few days of my life, Which is partly true, I just dont want to regret anything as I lay on my death bed.
    As for my thought about afterlife, I don't believe it. I think we simple cease to exist, Afterall we are but mear atoms compared to actual things in space and If there is god, Why would he go out of his way to create heaven or hell for negligible beings like us.
    (You should see the star comparision video, You will understand what I am talking about)

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  6. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I'm not terrified or concerned. Why? If it doesn't exist, then I won't be affected. If it does exist, then it depends on which one and either way I won't really have a choice in saying if I'm reincarnated, if I go into some type of judgement space or if I just wander around until I'm sent somewhere else. Kind of like worrying about dying goods gonna happen sure I can prevent certain causes of death, or at least limit the chances of it occurring. However, no one is gonna argue that you're never gonna die. I know I'm gonna die what happens after I don't know. So I'm not gonna worry about it. Like I said this, nothing I can do about it, so not worth it.

If I get my choice, I wanna be reincarnated with my memories. That's what I hope happens. I can do so much knowing the future.

Deleted member 369806 and Toralk like this.
  7. Owl1412

Owl1412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t believe in the afterlife, but if it did exist it wouldn’t really scare me. I’m not the most morally just person around but I also don’t go around committing crime. I don’t really know which concept of the afterlife we’re talking about, but idrc as long as it’s not boring. Also if reincarnation does exist I would choose to erase my memories because I would eventually go crazy

8. kurisomething

kurisomething Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I prefer to see death as an eternal rest. No reincarnation, no karma cycle, no nothing. Just everlasting sleep. Of course, that’s just another way of saying the human consciousness disappearing.

9. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm somewhat scared of there being no afterlife. The idea of just ceasing to exist is terrifying. But if that's what happens I wont have a chance to realize it and there's nothing I can do about it anyway, so I mostly don't think about it.

If there is an afterlife, I really want there to be reincarnation. There are so many ways to accidentally ruin your life, or have it ruined just by bad luck, that I really think we need a few do-overs. Btw, it doesn't have to be incompatible with heaven. It would be a lot easier to judge people if they experienced a range of different life circumstances. Also it solves the issue of people that die as young children without having a chance to do much of anything good or evil. The usual answer is that they go to heaven because they're still innocent, but I've never liked the idea of heaven being treated like a consolation prize. I think it would make way more sense just to send them back for another life.

10. Gadget

Gadget Demi-god of magic and science

Reading List:
    Link
    I fear that death will be the end of my existance
    The only thing I fear about the afterlife is if it's a nightmarish/hellish place, or an eternally unchanging dull place.
    If there is reincarnation, I don't want my memories to be wiped (at least not completly). It would be the same as Death to me otherwise..

11. Bobwillrule

Bobwillrule Supreme Ruler of Bobylon

Reading List:
    Link
    If I die I wouldn't really care. If I disappear forever then eh, I died anyways so doesn't really change much. If I go to the afterlife, well, I'll just leave that to afterlife me. Reincarnation? That can go through the window too, since I would lose all my memories. The only thing that I truly like is that I get reincarnated into a different world with my memories intact. Heh, being op sure sounds nice doesn't it.

12. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Bruh

Reading List:
    Link
    The concept doesn't scare me, it's more thrilling to me. If I do die and I have an afterlife, I ain't leaving this place until I scare/hunt every single one of you guys, just for making friends, of course, then I will just live my life normally and hey, I might meet some other spirits to be friends/partners in crime with and then I'll just reincarnate after everything is done.

Sounds like the life for me.

13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    it interesting concept or idea~ part of where I will go? it touch philosophy domain for this cat~ while the death is kinda scary for this cat for it implications toward this cat surrounding but the afterlife never scary concept~ it just like departure to new place leave everything behind~ the departure, separation is more difficult ya know when pass it live goes on~

14. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. Whatever comes is for dead me to handle. Living me is having a great time!

Gadget and Deleted member 369806 like this.
  15. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    every once in awhile, i'll deeply contemplate the idea of simply ceasing to exist and freak a bit. Last time I did that was maybe 5 years ago or more? Like, I don't mind fading from everyone else's memory, but not even being able to watch a continuous soul movie of my memories and simply fading out kinda gives me some butterflies.

I did have a dream where I was convinced I was going to die because I was skydiving without a parachute in the dream, and funny enough my last words would have been "Fuck it, it's been fun world, bye!"

16. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I never think about it. If there is an afterlife, who knows which version or there could be multiple versions and everyone gets filtered according to their beliefs. There's nothing I can do about it if I end up fucked in Christian hell or something just because I didn't believe lol, except curse whoever put me there for such bullshit.

17. Wizard007

Wizard007 Arlo

Reading List:
    Link
    Although most of family is religious, I don't really hold much thought about the afterlife and wether I end up in hell or heaven. To me it doesn't really matter as I consider my death to be the end. Hopefully by that time I would have done everything I wanted to do if not that's fine too

Also I don't particularly like the idea of being with my family for all eternity in the afterlife, even for a family that is close I think forever can really wear you down. Even worse for a family that you don't feel a part of. I think that the idea of heaven being perfect is wrong because although you may say it was created by God it still has humans in it and with the nature of humans I believe it impossible for us all to be together in harmony for eternity even if the people of heaven are the 'good people'.

After a while even the best of things will fade or become negligent in our eyes

Strayed a bit but my answer is no I don't believe in the afterlife and it being all it's cracked up to be probably very pessimistic but yeah. If their was a heaven and hell to be honest it would scare me the idea of being with people for eternity while for what feels like eternity more and more people join you. Personally, I think it would be very draining. But I do hope that if their was an afterlife that I could be reincarnated while having the memories of my past life so as to not make the same mistakes as I did in this life

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  18. Llamadragon

Llamadragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would I be afraid of something unavoidable? That sounds like a bitch.

19. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    The unknown does kinda scare me, but i reckon that's normal for else we wouldn't have had religions telling us what happens afterwards. I do kinda think that just ceasing to exist sounds romantic, in the sense that you live a life and then just end. There's no post-life, there's no retry and there is no becoming part of something greater. You just were and then you weren't.

20. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda just want to think there's an afterlife so my life isn't completely just... empty after I die.