How do you know if you are unromantic?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sti_les, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Sti_les

Sti_les Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am the type who can't be flirted with I think.. I'd rather have deep conversation about anything rather than listening to a guy asking me have i eaten 3 times a day, and flirt with unskilled words that got me confused. I like man in action way better.. so am I unromantic? You know what I mean right? Have you feel that way?

Well I have to admit... all my type in novels and comics prone to be yandere? And the villains.. what to do.

Is it wrong that i am attracted to man with a past?

2. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Pls, for your sanity, separate your real life type from your novel/manhwa/anime/whatever-entertainment-medium type.

3. Heartless

Heartless May your heart be your guiding key

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, you like guys with a past eh?

It all began on the day of my birth...

4. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you meant to say aromantic. I don't know about other people, but for me it was because I was never really attracted romantically to anybody. Any romantic relationship I've seen with my own eyes felt like it was people just conforming to the societal expectations, I guess. I just couldn't understand how people in the real life could feel romantic love. It was interesting, because I love romance (well-written romance that is, not majority that is the pile of trash that litters the site) novels. I thought I'd get it when I grew older, but I never really did. Hell, I once tried dating and it didn't work out as I felt as if I was forcing myself. I then grew older and accepted that people are different and I am different

5. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Romance isn't small talk lol or excessive flattering, plenty people hate small talk and are still romantic. Romance is holding hands, fine dining, dancing, looking at the stars, big gestures, making love...

also mecha docking, lasers, laser sharks, laser raptors, walking away from an explosion without looking...

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  6. Sti_les

Reading List:
    Link
    You are the guy!

Agree... so how do people make it works?

W
    WEll of course... it is like getting crush on Robert Downey Jr as an Iron man but I won't expect myself fallen in love with a man similar to him. Or like fangirling over BTS and expecting my future husband will be like them... no.. but perhaps you are right... am i looking for something I don't even know what I am looking for..

7. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    It was just my little disclaimer. Don't mind it haha.

Though on a more serious note, it's not strange at all to feel like the flirting and romance part is a bit too much. Some people want those more than others. While some want deeper connections, different ways to engage. Maybe someday, you'd meet your match and realize that "ah, so this is what I wanted". When that time comes, grab the opportunity.

But, the fun in life is trying out all sorts of things. Maybe you'll find yourself having fun with flirting back for funsies xD

8. Llamadragon

Llamadragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Flirting can be literally anything. It's just a game of back-and-forth. I once worked in a horse stable and was shoveling out the horse shit together with two other people who happened to be this super sweet couple.

They flirted by trying to predict which horse poop the other would pick up, and then they'd either get there to it first or move out of the way depending on how much they wanted to tease the other that day.

Forget corny pickup lines. Flirting. Can. Be. Anything. Even mucking out animal poop for shit pay, apparently.

9. Sti_les

Reading List:
    Link
    W
    WEll of course... it is like getting crush on Robert Downey Jr as an Iron man but I won't expect myself fallen in love with a man similar to him. Or like fangirling over BTS and expecting my future husband will be like them... no.. but perhaps you a

You are right. Thank you for your genuine answer. I wish that too. We life only once right.. perhaps I need to take it easy.. I'm glad talking with you!

Bad Storm likes this.
  10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    eh~
    what is romantic?
    different people different stroke~
    have you ever see a couple who spend one hour just sit next each other no talk? repair bike together
    oh well the most annoying is a couple playing online game together on net cafe, leveling together, eat snack together, drink from same cup, discuss the tactical approach...... GOD DAMN! GO EXPLODE!

just do thing together~ really it can annoy single dog ya know~

Sti_les and Muskanoo like this.
  11. Muskanoo

Muskanoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed

12. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if you have to ask the question, it's very likely you're unromantic. :blobpeek:

Sti_les likes this.
  13. MrKatarsis

MrKatarsis New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try to be romantic and you'll see if you are not

Sti_les likes this.
  14. Happyman0512

Happyman0512 THE HEAVENLY LAZY GOD , LAZI-GHTENED SLACKER

Reading List:
    Link
    it's not wrong at all since it's pretty normal for people to fall in with 2d character or in your case a person with a past
    i have have never experienced or did anything like flirting or love but i had few crushes
    you know i like a character generally when there's like if their personality had some more growth or changes through out the story or if they had some tragic story
    and most of the character's i love and like happen to be some who is either a anti-hero persona or a crazy psychotic villain or villainess
    and there is this sick part of me which find those who went crazy beautiful and i feel like i might have loved them romantically
    so i can't say if you are 'unromantic' since i don't know what that defines but i can definitley say that it's not weird

Sti_les likes this.
  15. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    u know ur aromantic if ur aromantic bruh

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  16. Didact

Didact Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I shit you not, I thought you’d written ‘aromatic’ and I was like what the heck is he going on about.

Sti_les likes this.
  17. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    From experience ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sti_les likes this.