Spoiler I’m In Trouble Because My Husband Is So Cute / 내 남편이 너무 귀여워서 곤란하다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by -NEAR-, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Eccedentesiastdisha

Eccedentesiastdisha is married to Eren Jaeger

Reading List:
    Link

Aah so basically the Duke is like that shi*head father type who is at last gonna say I neglected and tormented you because I cared about you:blobangery:

2. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer to think of it more like "the Duke realizes he can't convince Zachary or iellie that he cares about Zachary or is worth keeping alive so he commits suicide to prove he cares enough about Zachary to remove the toxic presence (himself) from their lives". Of course, this is just a theory bc i didn't read far enough to know exactly how shit goes down.

3. Isekaifan13wen

Isekaifan13wen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel Avalible in google book

limueee and its0k like this.
  4. harmoniche

harmoniche Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that is super yikes lmao an interesting route in this genre tho

Marie_0720, Alexaaa_23 and Wr3n like this.
  5. kyanma2605

kyanma2605 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Duke is so yikes and really one sided love. His wife never love him, but he's really typical obsessed arrogant and never admit that the woman he love cant love him back character. But i do pitty him for being one sided love character, but I want to destroy him for being Irrational, arrogant, dumb, stup*d, id*ot, fck father character. :facepalm: it's just because the woman you love die it doesn't mean that you will do things sht to your own son, and Suicide because you love your son? LOL :blobconfused:
    Edit: His father already sick. He have an antidote but he doesn't want to use because her wife died (Because her wife give that antidote to him)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    Tem, Naant, Lubie and 18 others like this.
  6. Manga fan

Manga fan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the manhwa up til 10 chapters. I think both kids act more like adults and have adult-like scenes like kissing, princess carries, practically wrapped around each other; which I felt was quite different than other manhwas with similar plots. That innocent childhood love was missing. Maybe I'm being too sensitive and maybe many people might disagree, but it's my personal opinion. And I can't make sense of the plot at all. Not sure about this one:blobexpressionless:.

7. Jo5ee

Jo5ee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I read the manhua to chapter 10 and the dad is just plain awful. Am relieved that the story didn't turn out to be the ML who is an adult while our FL is still a kid. I just wish there are another ways for them to deal with the father. Okay hear me out. What if the father had enough of the girl and ends the engagement right there and then??? Then What. He will force the son to marry some other woman. The son is gonna wait till he is anadt and have enough power to over throne the dad then go and pick of the Fl and leave with her......THEN WHAT HAPPENS TO THE GIRL THAY WAS SENT AS THE SECOND WIFEEE. I know she will be a side character but I will feel very bad for her. To her to will seem like her husband left her and brought his first wife some other woman home.

wasabisazzdafirst likes this.
  8. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, did this even happen or are you just obsessing over some imaginary second wife... I think in the event of a second wife, she'd make friends with iellie and Zachary and eventually find true love in the form of, idk, some prince or something... Or just be evil, who knows...

9. Dearest_Reader

Dearest_Reader 【I, Who Mewls In The Distance】【The Lazy Traveler】

Reading List:
    Link
    The one thing that I'm troubled about here is the ‘reincarnation’ word in the synopsis... So, where's that tag on MC’s head?? :blobconfused:
    As far as I know, MC is just a matured kid who's taking care of the young duke. I can't see her as, you know? A person who had memories of her past life? :blobawkward:

Minaeli and Elyriona like this.
  10. perezz

perezz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i need spoiler for the divorce part because im curious what happen tho :blobsob:

liannaliza likes this.
  11. Boopbup

Boopbup Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read up to chapter 18 and it looks like the dad is chill now =.= I wish I could read Korean cause I'm confused as heck

Eccedentesiastdisha likes this.
  12. Eccedentesiastdisha

Eccedentesiastdisha is married to Eren Jaeger

Reading List:
    Link
    Same sometimes I just wish I was born in Korea so that i wouldn't have to depend or wait for translations:cry::cry:

13. hoangmai331

hoangmai331 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, the manhwa is fucking sweet and now u tell me they have divorce?????? Howwwwww???? Why??? It s so sweet to the point i just want it continue like lovey dovey like that

I try to buy the book but it need certificate for 19+,this is novel is 18+??another surprised for me. I cant buy it because the certificate restrictions

Marie_0720 likes this.
  14. Jo5ee

Jo5ee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also thought that would happen then I thought we don't know what will happen. Anything can happen

15. Leos_Tea_Party

Leos_Tea_Party Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No worries this aint happening. I know u read up to chap 10 and fear our ship would sink because of the dad. I know hetrashy and all but he approves the marriage of his son to Ein. And I have checked up until chap 20 and the dad is now chill.I love the sweetness of ML and FL as they openly hug and kiss though no lip kissing yet but it'll eventually head there and maybe some snusnu too. Am excited.

And to help you guys out here's the raw.

syofiaa likes this.
  16. limueee

limueee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm...Zachary's mother isn't really an angel either. Current manhwa up to chapter 20 and they're still into Volume 1 of the series.

Seemed when he was young his powers went out of control and which made his mother fear him as a monster. She became fearful of him and turned mad - choosing death (suicide). She tells Zachary if it wasn't for him, she would never be like this and tells Zachary that he killed her. Zachary has never felt love from his mother when he was young.

Zachary blames himself for her death. Dad blames him for her death.

Don't know who is worse, his mother or his father who is bitter and hurt by his wife's cruelty as she blames her husband for Zachary's powers....not pleasant characters.

Ellie ("Ein" her nickname by Zachary) gets sad and upset for Zachary as she blames his parents and why does he have to shoulder the responsibility that neither parent was accepting of Zachary and they took their fear and anger out on him.

--

Interestingly, Ellie is the person that binds both the current Duke and Zachary. Both men are VERY protective of Ellie and both of them now tolerate each other for her. Dad's current motivation is to make his dukedom strong as it's the only thing that can protect Ellie because he knows Zachary is protective of her. If he dies, that power and responsibility to protect Ellie go to Zachary.

--

Current chapter 20 of manhwa - the Duke is gravely ill. He's been hiding his sickness since his wife's death.
    1. He doesn't tell anyone because if the Imperial Palace got a wind of it, they would strike his weakness as they covet the power of the Silver Dragon (his son) and the Duke of the North is too powerful right now.
    2. Guilt. His wife left him a bottle for treatment of his disease before she died, but he couldn't use it because she died instead.

Excerpt:

Knock knock. Alert to the knocking, the Duke turned his gaze to the door in wonder.

'I told you I'd go to bed early, but you're visiting my room at this hour?'

"I'm coming in, Father."

It was a notification, not a request for permission. Zachary, who opened the door, looked at the Duke with a cool, stone face. The Duke flinched at Zachary's expression. It was as if Adelaide had come back alive and looked at him with disgust.

"You're not even asking for permission now?"

Even though the Duke was sarcastic, Zachary didn't even raise an eyebrow. Instead, he asked the Duke a question.

"Father, did you consult your doctor about the disease?"

"Don't meddle in anything useless." The Duke replied coldly.

Zachary crumpled his forehead. Then he tilted his head and answer coldly. "Meddling useless, yes. At least I have the right to worry about my father's health."

“Since when have you been so concerned about my health?”

"The Duke may hate me, but he is still the master of this Dukedom." The tip of Zachary's lips rose at an angle.

With his cold, deep blue eyes lowered, he continued. “I have a responsibly toward the Duke, and as his successor, I should be concerned.”

The Duke stared at his son. Come to think of it, his relationship with Zachary seemed to have gone as far as it could go now.

Zachary now has no hope of son-to-father affection for the Duke. Even though he knew it was he that ruined this relationship, why is a corner of his heart so regretful, so painful?

The Duke laughed bitterly. "Nothing to worry about."

"Father."

“Stop worrying about it and going away.”

Zachary bit his lip. Swallowing his breath he turned and left.

Looking at the back of it, the Duke felt complicated. 'What should I have done here? A part of my mind gets tangled up and I....'

"It's funny that I'm trying to be a father." We've become too far anyway from each other, so I couldn't...

The Duke, who leaned his head on the pillow, closed his eyes.

Dang! -- I know readers DO NOT LIKE the Duke yet at the same time... he is really sweet and kind to Ellie. Like Father-to-Daugther. Us readers REALLY wished he had the same relationship with Zachary....so many mixed emotions...

Just hope this is a good series..(ugh..)

Gawd .... a cute scene coming up...
    • Ellie will bring to the Duke a jar of honey lemons to help the Duke who's resting in bed. She had to ask Zachary at first if he thinks it's a good idea. Zachary tells her it is, as he knows his father loves Ellie.
    • When Ellie comes in and presents her gift, the Duke blushes, smiles, and then asks Ellie to make him a cup of tea and thanking her for her gift.
    • Ellie's all embarrassed and confused as to why is he so kind to her yet so toxic to his son?
    Excerpt:
    The sun was setting in the sky. Mary, who Zachary encountered earlier, informed him that Ellie had not returned to her room yet. Standing in front of the Duke's room, Zachary took a deep breath and knocked.

"Father, it's Zachary."

"Come on in."

When the Duke replied, Zachary entered the room. The first thing that caught his eyes was Ellie.

Her pink hair, as soft as Aisha's petals, was sprawled on the back of a chair. She was crouched slightly, with her head leading against the wood, making colorful breaths. She looked sound asleep.

"…Ein?

"Shh." The Duke lifted his index finger and placed it on his lips.

Zachary approached the Duke with his eyes narrowed. "She hasn't slept in a while."

"Is that so?"

Zachary nodded lightly. Next to the bed, there was a clean empty teacup on the table.

"How are you feeling?"

"Not bad." The Duke replied calmly.

As the two rich men looked at the sleeping girl, each remained silent again.

Cutting through the silence, Zachary said. "You should recover."

"Yes...."

Perhaps it was to avoid waking the girl who had been sleeping well, both father and son did not set their eyes on each other for now. Again, there was a short but deep silence that passed between the two as they both watched the sleeping form.

It was finally the Duke who broke the silence first.

"Zachary."

"What?"

"If someone is precious, you must do your best to cherish them."

'Even though I couldn't.' The Duke swallowed back his words.

Zachary looked at his father with strange eyes and nodded slightly.

The girl's soft but regular fresh breathing tickled the two people's ears that night.

:blob_catflip: Heh...this novel is currently comical as you read how both Father and Son..kinda take turns (seems like compete) to show their love for Ellie. The Duke does it from a father-figure stance whereas Zachary does it from his love for his wife.

Still, the Duke is pretty much a frustrating character. Readers will get really irked at him..

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    Shion Lee, Tem, donaiseiyuu and 24 others like this.
  17. Leos_Tea_Party

Leos_Tea_Party Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank u for this. I wish I can read Korean but by seeing the illustrations Im trying to get the jest of it except the woman that seemed to quarrel with the FL.

18. limueee

Reading List:
    Link
    The woman isZachary's Aunt, Countess Lorraine/Laurent (로렌 백작 부인), who is dismissive of Ellie as Lady of the house. She's been trying to run the Duke's household and belittling Ellie. Not addressing Ellie as Lady Hessenweitz but Lady Blanchett (her maiden name), instead of the wife of the young Duke, and interfering with Ellie who's beginning to run the household.

• She's pissed as Ellie addresses her as her superior. Ellie is 18 years old and the Duke will recognize her right as the Lady who runs the household, thus taking away the Countess's power and influence.
    • The Countess will force the maid to open the room belonging to Adelaide, the Duchess (Zachary's mother) that's been forbidden for anyone to enter by the Duke himself.
    • Ellie knows the room is forbidden and confronts the Countess who slaps the maid that protested against opening the room.
    • Ellie manages to warn the Countess and kicks her out of the room and gets the key to lock the room again.
    • The Countess runs to the Duke to complain of Ellie's rudeness and the Duke looks at her coldly that he heard about her entering his forbidden room and tells her and warns her never to confront Ellie or do that again.
    • Ellie will pretty much get the upper hand of the countess with both the Duke and Zachery support Ellie. Both father and son, much to the Countess's chagrin will always side with Ellie.
    ----
    • She will get kicked out later but comes back at Zachary's coming of age ceremony (age 20) towards the end of volume 1.
    • Countess Lorriane/Laurent/Lauren has royal ties to the imperial palace and uses that to pressure both the Duke and Zachary to allow her back to..ahem..help with the coming of age celebration as the Prince and Princess have announced they will come to the Duke's estate to celebrate.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  19. hoangmai331

hoangmai331 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why they have tag for 19+ for this novel, i read many novel and hardly see that tag unless for smut type. Any spoiler?

20. limueee

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the reason why and sorry as this is going to be so frustrating for readers when the manhwa hits this section.

First off, the novel is REALLY sweet & cute...like seriously sweet and as a reader, we enjoy everyone's interactions (Duke's too).....but of course, the author's gotta put angst in this series...geez...the divorce happens in volume 3. There is a total of 5 volumes and side stories.

Sorry - school starts so I don't have the time to summarize detailed volumes.

• Readers haven't been introduced to them yet.
    • The Crown Prince and Princess come to Zachery's coming-of-age party.
    • Right away the sleazy Crown Prince is very attracted to Ellie and wants her and plots to get them a divorce... Yeah...really gross character.
    • The Crown Prince is an abusive brother as he uses his sister as an ornament. Ellie notices the bruises under her arm when the Princess is looking away.
    • Princess Anne Rose tries her best to void being part of his schemes. She tries to help the young Duke and Duchess. She is very powerless and tries to warn Ellie to be careful around her brother. Also telling Zachery when she thinks Ellie may be in trouble with her brother.
    • The Crown Prince has a rare power called "Asha's Blessing" which allows him to make people attracted to him and he can control people. Princess Anne Rose warns Ellie of this.
    • There are numerous scenes in volume 2 where the Crown Prince tries to get close to Ellie and thankfully Zachery is there or the Princess tries to get Ellie to get out of an awkward situation even with the anger from her brother. The Princess has to constantly apologize for her brother to Ellie and wonders why she must serve such a cruel brother.
    • Don't worry - Ellie is not affected by the Crown Prince, later Emperor.
    • It all comes to a pinnacle when the Emperor (aka Crown Prince) (as father died) sends a letter pretending to be Princess Anne Rose and wants Ellie to visit her before she departs back to the North. FYI - Zachery and Ellie are at the imperial palace in place for the ill Duke for the coronation ceremony.
    • When Ellie arrives, he taints her tea, and wants to seduce her...thankfully Ellie barely conscious sees Zachery come and rescue her because the Princess warned him.
    • Zachery is bloody furious as the Emperor who tries to tell him that it was Ellie that tried to seduce the Crown Prince. :blobdevil:
    • Zachery sees all his lies and knows that he poison his wife and his powers go out of control and cause the city to be covered in winter in the capital.
    • It's only with Ellie's help that Zachery leaves with Ellie and helps her recover.
    • Zachery is so guilt-ridden, thanks to his past..geez thanks Dad and Mom...that she was hurt.
    • They return home and welp...the Duke, who's dying (won't last long) is furious as this is the 2nd time Zachery's power has gotten out of control, and he questions if Zachery can really protect Ellie. He knows what happened at the Capital.
    • Okay...it's bad that Dad convinces Zachery to do what he couldn't do, let Ellie go, and divorce her in order to protect her as he doesn't want to see Ellie fall the same path as his wife, where the Duke never let her go until she ended her life.
    • Zachery agrees with his father.
    • Ellie's is fighting tooth-and-nail telling both the Duke and Zachery SHE is not Adiele.
    • Zachery can't be convinced and he decides to let her go as his greed and love will kill her just like it did his mother. (Yeah - I know...readers will be frustrated with this.)
    • He tells her she deserves so much better than him and wants to be happy as he can never provider the safety and happiness she deserves. He thinks she deserves so much better than him.
    • Ellie can't believe this turn of events. Before she departs she turns to the Duke before she leaves and tells him, she will NEVER give on Zachery.
    • Yep - Ellie returns home to her parents now as Lady Blanchett.:blob_teary:
    • Winter has come, and I think almost 1 year (Swear feels like Game of Thrones and the "North Remembers")
    • Ellie has been waiting for Zachery who doesn't come for her. Her parents are trying to comfort her.
    • Seeing the silver fox fur that Zachery gave to Ellie from the hunting competition, Ellie becomes furious at him so she decides to visit him at the Capital as there is a ball and she thinks he's there.
    • Of course, the stupid Emperor (aka Crown prince) is there and everyone is cold to her as they know of her divorce.
    • There the Emperor forces her to dance the waltz with him since she can't avoid and make excuses anymore when she was married.
    • The Princess later informs Ellie and tells her the reason why Zachery is not here is that his father had passed away and he is now the new Duke.
    • Shocked Ellie did not know the Duke passed away and is determined to meet him. (Yes, yes - I agree...Ellie's too good for Zachery.)
    • Before she leaves, she again rejects the Crown Prince to his face as he is never as good as Zachery which makes the emperor furious.
    • The Marquis of Rondo witnesses her statement by accident.
    • Ellie takes a carriage all the way to the North. The servants at the Duke's residence let her in as they miss her.
    • Zachery pretty much runs away from Ellie as he thinks he'll lose and never let her go.
    • Ellie is very stubborn and tells the servants don't worry she'll get to Zachery...LMAO
    • She forces her way into his office.
    The door opened with a click. As soon as she entered, Ellie looked up at Zachary. She called him.

"Zachary."

Standing up, Ellie approached Zachary. Zachary stepped back afraid as if he were burned himself.

"Don't come."

"No."

However, Eli took a step closer. The distance between the two dissipated. Tears welled up in her light green eyes. Zachary felt his head turn white at the moment.

'Please, Ellie. Don't cry. Please don't cry.'

Zachary desperately thought so. I'm going crazy when you cry.

She stumbled and stared at Zachary as hard as she could. She opened her mouth and a thin trembling voice came out.

"You were really bad." Tears streamed down Elli's cheeks. Ellie, who was staring at Zachary, continued. "If you're going to lie, you should have fooled me completely."

He was overwhelmed by emotions. He thought he could control his emotions until the end but it was a mistake.

"If you should have left me so coldly, you should have tried to convince me to the end." Ellie's who said so raised her chin.

Zachary's face was pale and broken. There was no sign of the coolness from earlier.

"You should have somehow made me think you hated me."

"E-Ein..."

"You who can't even take care of your face lately, is that's all you have to say?" Ellie shot back fiercely. Looking at his pale face, Ellie burst into a flood of frustration.

"Look, you look like you're about to cry now."

"But, Ein...I am."

The feeling of being choked was released. His breath that had been blocked came escaping out as he struggled to take a deep breath. “I, ...to you... I mean……”

He didn't know what expression he was making. In addition, no matter what face Zachary has, Eli can see through his innermost sincerity with any hesitation.

Elie spoke in a determined tone. “I can see your true feelings no matter what expression you have.”

“…”

"Do you think you gonna fool me, Zachary?"

Ellie looked up at Zakari with a calm face. At that moment, Zachary collapsed and hugged Ellie tightly.

"Ein!"

Feeling how Ellie's weight was so light in his arms hit Zachary painfully in his gut. (She's lost weight.)

He whispered lowly. "You said you'd come back to me."

"Yes."

"I've given you a chance to leave me several times." Silver hair, tangled on the white forehead, shone pale in the moonlight. Blue eyes look down at Ellie.

'My salvation. My miracle. I tried to turn away and push it away, but I couldn't move away.'

"I can't let you go anymore."

"Yeah."

She nodded her head into his arms. He swallowed his shaky breath. 'I missed this warmth so much.'

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, Ein..."

Zakary's voice cracked. Nevertheless, there was no water in the dry voice. He was frustrated as he felt like he had forgotten how to cry. Eli reached out and stroked his cheek gently.

"If you're going to be this sorry, you shouldn't have done that in the first place."

Eli smiled faintly. Seeing her like that, Zachary somehow wanted to apologize to her.

"Ein, I know how much I hurt you."

“… ”

"So I don't think there is anything I can do if you don't forgive me."

Zachary, holding her hand, leaned his cheek in the palm of her hand. Elie looked at him with a curious look.

"What are you talking about?"

"I was selfish. I've hurt you so much. So you can blame me for the rest of your life."

Zackary continued in a frantic manner. He looked like an earnest sinner confessing his sins. He made a conclusion.

“But you came back to me first.”

“… … .”

"Please don't leave me."

Zackary, who said so, leaned his head against her shoulder. It was a polite gesture in respect of the goddess.

"I know it's funny to say this to you because I was the one who tried to let you go first."

"Zachary."

"I tried my best to forget you, but......"

Zackary whispered as if he were confessing. Ellie held her breath still.

"No matter how hard I struggled, I just knew I couldn't forget you."

'Every time I open and close my eyes, every time I pass my usual time. There was only one person that came to mind. Ellie.' Like wounded beast that licks their wound. Even though he knew that the wound will never heal, he keeps it so.

"…Zackary."

Elie realized instinctively that she was now facing Zackary's raw innermost feelings.

"To sort out our relationship, letting you go....I...I thought it would be the only way to make you happier."

Elie was silent. She didn't know what to say.

Zackary's eyes gradually turned red. "I still don't think that judgment is wrong...."

Zackary's eyes were filled with crushing pain. Ellie knew when she saw him like that. Zackary must have had as much trouble as she did. Zackary continued in a low sobbing voice.

"From the moment you appeared before me."

“… ”

"Looking at your face. Listening to your voice. Touching you......because I think I can embrace it."

Zackary buried his head deep in her shoulder. It was regrettable confessing his feelings this way.

"I don't think I can live without you anymore." Like a painful grown, Zachary couldn't bring himself to look Ellie's in the eyes. He couldn't bear the guilt.

"Even if I'm out of control and losing my emotions in front of you."

“… … .”

"Even though I know you might be in danger...I can't give up on you at all."

Zachary recalled the past. Even after their divorce, he was listening out for her. The name was for Eli's protection, but in fact, he thought he would die if he didn't even know about her.

“Ein, I have to tell you.”

Elie listened to Zachary without saying a word. Zachary brought his long-stalled agony.

"I was afraid you'd be like my mother."

'I thought she'd get hurt if I kept her by my side. I was afraid of losing it forever like my mother.'

"As you say…… Even though I knew my mother and you were different."

A mother who always appears in nightmares. A mother who blames him for saying she'd rather die. If Ellie gets a place in that nightmare. He chose to break up with her because he was afraid of it.

"But I couldn't help being afraid. So I forced you to go...."

Zachary tried to continue and bit his lips again. A time when he thought he shouldn't stop her from going to another man, but couldn't let go of her. Zachary vented his honest mind.

“I felt like I was going to die because you weren't there for me.”

“… … .”

“I put up with it again and again. I sent you away, so I thought I had to endure your absence somehow….”

Zachary breathed out a short breath. He thought he had to endure it even if he couldn't. But at the end he was being arrogant.

"I didn't know it was so painful to have no one left."

"…Zachary."

"If I lost you... if I lost my father...I thought I could at least live."

Ellie looked vacantly at Zachary. His shoulders were shaking as he was on his knees.

“…It was all my mistake.”

A child abandoned by the whole world and left alone. A boy who lived in a cold world woven with snow and ice. The loneliness of the time when she first met Zachary at the age of thirteen had engulfed Zachary again.

"I wanted to beg you to come back. But do I dare to plead with you after what I've done?"

Zachary smiled bitterly. He knew that expressing his heart itself is something that should not be done.

"I've been thinking about this all the time I spent with you. Funny, huh?

Ellie, staring at him, shook her head. It wasn't funny at all. Because she was, too.

"But do you know what's more ridiculous than that?"

It was Ellie who had endured the difficult times alone. Besides, it was he who had plunged her into a long loneliness. Nevertheless, people are so selfish that they keep begging Elie.

"Right before my father's death, when we had our last conversation."

Zachary's eyes counted the past. Ellie swallowed her dry saliva. She never thought Zachary would mention the Duke's death first. Zachary's voice split and horse.

"Even then, I told my father....I couldn't say I'd would give up on you."

“… ”

“On the subject of letting you know that I am breaking up with you. To the subject that hurt you, I, I... … .”

Zachary's voice began to crumble. Elie bit the soft flesh in her mouth. She remembered the long time she spent alone after losing Zachary.

The time she was waiting for him, looking out the window casually. Maybe you'll come back to me someday, maybe you'll smile at me. The moments she was looking forward to.

Ellie, who was staring at Zachary, opened her mouth.

"And me."

“… … .”

"I want to know why the Duke chose death."

At the words, Zachary stiffened his shoulders. Elie calmly continued. “The Duke… … I heard that he took his down his life.”

“Ein.”

----
    • You'll find out that the duke took his light because his body can no longer contain the power of the Silver dragon in him.
    • So the Duke to make sure that Zachary has the power to protect Ellie as he is now weak, wants to choose when he will die.
    • Seeing that Ellie tells Zachary he can tell her what happened to his father when he's ready.
    • Then Ellie really lays into Zachary...:blobsmilehappy:
    ----
    Ellie, who was looking at Zachary's face like that, suddenly spat out her words fiercely.

“More than that, Zachary, you are so stupid.”

'Zachary was the only one who endured the pain. I really hate it for now.'

“… Sorry."

“I was just trying to tell you that you don’t have to apologize to me… but not this time.”

Her anguish and anger were all entangled in her chest. Elie looked up at Zachary with fierce eyes. The person who has been hurt the most right now must be Zachary. She thought she needed to caress Zachary, who was in pain. Ellie swallowed her breath. And yet, even though she knew this...her voice still came out sharp.:blobjoy:

“But still, it makes me angry to see you like this.”

“Ein.”

"If you had forced me away, you should have lived a happy life alone." Ellie's voice gradually intensified. 'At least for me... you shouldn't have lived like this.;

"Why didn't you just forget about the little girl of your own family and just hang around."

Zachary was silent at her words. Her light green eyes in from of him trembled. She continued.

“Why did you force me away when you were going to be so sick alone? Why did you say you were divorcing me?”

"It's... it's the right thing to let you go."

Zachary, who raised his eyes quietly, looked at Ellie's. Snow was shining blue like a glacier.

"Honestly, I haven't changed my mind."

"What?"

"Then and now, I think it's right to let you go." Zachary's expression was still. All the colorful expressions in the time I spent with her disappeared.

"But, I'm so pathetic again....hanging on to you." Zachary smiled bitterly.

Ellie felt her unknown emotions soar. The white moonlight hanging over the window. My white knight who is silent like a statue. Why are you still so stupid?

"I've got a lot of things to apologize to you."

"Disappointed, I didn't think you'd be this stupid."

Ellie opened her mouth in a cold voice. Zachary made eye contact with her. The way he looked at Ellie was as blue as a death row convict waiting for execution. Her voice continued to tremble.

"I'm sure you blamed so much since I divorced you."

“I know. I would have.”

His voice had no strength left. Ellie, who heard the voice, escaped from his arms. Her light-green eyes tightened. Zachary faced the gaze with distressing eyes.

Slap! I heard a sharp breaking sound. Ellie slapped Zachary on the cheek with all her might.

“… .”

Zachary remained silent with his head bent. Ellie's hand throbbed in pain so much because she hit him so hard.

"…I'm so sorry, Ein"

“Of course you should be sorry. How hard was it for me?”

Ellie, who retorted at his words, breathed heavily. Zachary was silent. He was the one who said she could hate him, but his heart sank when he thought she really hated him.

"That's because you decided to divorce me without listening to me!"

Ellie's voice, which had been silent all along, gradually rose. She clenched her fist with emotion.

"You did it for me? Shouldn't you have talked to me first if it was for me?"

She raised her voice without realizing it. There was nothing to say in the anger. Because her anger was justified.

"I told you I didn't like it!"

"Ein"

"I don't want to leave you, so I told you to stay with me!"

Zachary had never seen Ellie get so wound up and angry like this before. He suddenly became frightened.

"Did you feel better judging by yourself and acting on your own? Did you think it was gonna be all right?

'How angry do you come to me? What if she told you that she will never see my face again? That she hates me forever. I told her it was okay, but… … this wasn't really good. I didn't want to be hated.

"Besides, I'm not going to be like former Duchess, so why do I keep worrying that I'll be like her?"

Ellies's breathing became rough. She stared at Zachary, and Zachary dropped his head.

"I'm sorry."

“… … .”

"I'm so sorry, Ein. I'm..."

Zachary, who was about to say something, clenched his shoulders. Ellie's breathing is busy as if swallowing tears. Ellie was crying again. Zachary unwittingly reached out. Her tears were hot.

'I made you cry again.'

'I hate myself, I can't stand it.' Feeling moist tears touching his fingers, he froze.

"…but, nevertheless." Transparent tears overflowing over the soft white cheeks all over the face. Ellie stammered on.

"I'm glad you came back to me."

"E..Ein"

"What's more……"

Elle blew her nose and raised her hands to wipe the moisture around her eyes. She then has smiled brightly.

"Because I was the first one who promised to wait."

“… … .”

Reaching out, she grabbed Zachary's cheek. Their eyes met and she continued crying.

"Do you know how surprised I was to hear that the Duke died?"

"Ein"

"Then you have to hold the Duke's funeral alone. As expected, it's...."

Ellie blurted the end of her speech. I still can't believe the Duke is dead. Zachary would have had to endure his father's death alone. Even if it was a close relationship, the two were the only one left.

'I'm sure the pain of losing his father wasn't small.'

Small, soft fingers sliding on the cheek. Zachary pulled her lips and looked at Ellie.

“Was it very difficult?”

"I'm..." Zachary swallowed his breath. 'No, I don't mean to put my pain on you who were hurt because of me.'

'But.'

As soon as Ellie's warmth touched hit him, the wall of his heart, which had been firmly built, seemed to melt away.

Ellie nodded lightly as if she understood. Zachary's eyelashes were burning with moisture.

'If you do this to me.'

Her budding light green eyes are still sweet. The eyes that Zachary loved.

'… I'll lean on you again this time.'

Then Ellie hugged Zachary tightly. Zachary stiffened himself reflexively from Ellie's sudden hug.

"Zachary, it's okay. You can lean on me."

As if Ellie knew what was inside Zachary's heart. Zachary swallowed his breath.

"Ein"

"Because, I'll never leave you," Ellie muttered in a low voice. Her voice was once again wet from her tears.
    • Ellie attends the Funeral of the duke with Zachary.
    • The aristocrats are shocked as to why Lady Blanchett is there, aren't they divorced?
    • Zachary pulls Ellie into his arms and announces coldly that Ellie is Lady Hessenweitz, the Duchess and she will be forever his only wife and companion for the rest of his life. he introduces her as the Duchess of the North. He will not tolerate any disrespect to his wife.
    • Everyone is shocked.
    • Then the Princess who is attending the funeral to pay her respects approaches and says "It's been a long time, Lady Hessenweitz".
    • The most important figure 2nd to the Emperor has recognized Ellie as the wife of the Duke of Hessenweitz and Duchess in front of everyone as well.
    • She tells them both that she is very happy for them.
    • With both Zachary and the Princess's acknowledgment, all the nobles greet Ellie to pay their respects.
    ---
    • Later after both pay their respects at the Duke's coffin, Zachary asks to be left alone for a moment
    • Ellie leaves worried about him.
    • Zachary collapses in pain as he wants to hate his father
    • Ellie finds him freaking out.
    • (T/N: this part is so painful) Zachary tells Ellie his father is dead because of him..he tells her both his parents are dead because of him. He tells Ellie, everyone around him dies..and Ellie...
    • Ellie pulls at him telling him it's okay and she's not going to leave him trying to reassure him
    • He asks her how can she be so sure.
    • Ellie tells him she will prove him wrong.
    • Desperate, Zachary clings to Ellie and starts to kiss her deeply with a burning hunger.
    • Ellie is out of breath from the intensity of their kiss and then Zachary collapses there from months of exhaustion and pain.
    • He's later carried in where he is treated and rests for a few days.
    • As Zackery is asleep from exhaustion, he dreams of the past and as readers, we get a glimpse into the final conversation between the Duke and Zachary just before he dies.
    • He confesses that he was wrong. He thought he could save the both of them from pain and tells Zachary that he's sorry and he does love his son.
    • He tells Zachary that he should bring back Ellie as they cannot live without each other.
    • He tells Zachary you must protect the woman that you love because he, the Duke has been all wrong.
    • Zachary asks how can he do that!??!
    • As the Duke starts to spit out a lot of blood in his dying words he asks that Zachary must find happiness.
    • He also tells Zachary as the poison of his power consumes him, tell others he died by suicide.
    • "You didn't kill me, Zachary. I chose my own death."
      "Father"
      "So you are not responsible for my death."
    • The Duke tells Zachary if people become suspicious about his suicide Zachary can spread the rumor to the world that the Duke tried to assassinate his only son. The Duke says that Zachary and puts the blame on him.
    • “It does matter. For your clean succession to the title.”
      The Duke clenched his fist. When he said this his vision became blurry, he saw two or three layers of Zachary.
      “We haven’t had a good relationship so far, so maybe most people will understand.”
    • “Since Adele died, I have always wanted to die. But I had a duty to protect my family (you)...”
      “Please don't say any more!”
      After being silent for a moment, the Duke grabbed Zachary's collar. His bright red blood was smeared. Father smiled faintly.
      “The way you have been living as the Duke so far has been wonderful.”
      “Ah, father.”
      “You … you will be a great Duke.”
      The Duke was no longer balanced. Hestaggers like a tree caught in the wind.
      “I’m sorry I couldn’t think of a more moderate way.”
      “… … .”
      “Tell it to Ein as well. I'm sorry and thank you... … .”
      Blue eyes blur. Zachary supported him with his trembling hands, helping him not fall.
      "I thought of you as my daughter.."
    • The Duke dies.
    • After Zachary reflects on his childhood, his father, he wakes and talks to Ellie saying he should follow his father's last words and be happy with Ein.
    • So he wants this large wedding with only close friends and family for Ellie
    • They do invite the Marquis of Rondo, because Ellie wants them to be friends.
    • Stupid Emperor sends a very elaborate bracelet with jewels that reflects Ellie's eyes
    • Zachary can't send it back since it's the Emperor so he on-ups the Emperor by crafting a tiara using a coveted treasure called "Asha's tears"
    • At the wedding, the guests are shocked at how beautiful Ellie is with her tiara
    • At the end of their voices, Zachary pulls Ellie into a deep and passionate kiss in front of everyone causing the wedding priest to cough in embarrassment.
    • The romantic wedding of the two becomes famous and especially how happy the Duke and Duchess have been reunited and happy in love.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    salty25, Shion Lee, Shey_04 and 46 others like this.