Discussion Second Chance in Life

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Shizukani, Aug 29, 2021.

?

Would you?

1. No, they wouldn't believe me.

33.3%
  2. Yes, just to get it out of my chest.

12.1%
  3. No, I'd rather just leave the past behind.

45.5%
  4. Yes, my loved ones would believe me for sure.

9.1%
  1. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    So... I just finished reading a novel where the MC had a tragic first life, and you know how it goes, he went back inexplicably to when he was in highschool and had an opportunity to make right whatever went wrong in his tragic past life.

It's a common trope in novels~ And when reading them I always have this feeling and uh expectation? Well, the thing is, I really really want the MC to be able to tell someone, anyone, about his sufferings. Like sure, they may not believe him, but the novels I read are usually romances so I want them to tell their significant other everything. Like ahhh :blobdead:

Do you get it? :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

When in the end they don't say anything, I feel unsatisfied. I have this feeling like however happy the ending of the second life is, they still have this past they have to carry themselves you know? Like especially super tragic tragic past :blob_teary:.

Anyway, my question is, what do you think about it this? What would you do if it happened to you? Like would you tell anybody? Or would you be held back by the possibility of being sent to the mental hospital? :blob_teary: (jk)

:blobcozy::blobcozy::blobcozy:

2. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think if it got too much for me, I'd tell. But I'd phrase it as... "I had a really realistic dream that XX"

3. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    *nods nods* That's a good way to go about it. I think I would do the same. :hmm:

Lissi likes this.
  4. AbrarMalik

AbrarMalik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    past is the past

Shizukani likes this.
  5. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if it's the past, that doesn't mean it won't weigh down heavily on your heart and make you feel upset.

6. cboy123

cboy123 A Very Dirty Old Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I'll just keep it to myself and remember the winning lottery numbers or maybe I should save to invest for Gamestop January 2021 stonks.

7. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt anyone would believe it. At most they would humor me. Which would frustrate me.

Shizukani likes this.
  8. I Ship anything cute

I Ship anything cute [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've got memory problems so after a while id probably forget my own suffering, and if I didn't forget then I'd probably never bother telling anyone either way :hmm:

Shizukani likes this.
  9. MinUp

MinUp Maidenless, yet Homiefull

Reading List:
    Link
    Read
    The reckless girl who kept challenging a reborn man like me
    Read the one-shot ver.
    I feel like the fmc reaction to his confession about his past life is the most probable reaction you'd get if it ever happens to you

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    Shizukani likes this.
  10. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly, that wouldn’t work for me. Mr. Hamster is rather apathetic when it comes to my trying to tell him about bad dreams. :blobcry: And of course, going too far back, I might not have even met him! And what if, due to the butterfly effect, I end up not meeting him in this life? :blobscream:

As for Shizu’s question… I don’t think I would dare say it out loud. I think, I would probably write a story about it, or talk about in on some anonymous forum, but I definitely wouldn’t have anyone I’d trust enough to tell it to. Especially not my parents.

Then again, I’d be really pissed if I ended up going through a second run through. As much as there are times and places where I’ve always wondered what could have happened if things had happened differently, I really don’t want a do over enough to find out. I could die tomorrow, and that would still be the case. No second chances.

Shizukani and Lissi like this.
  11. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd probably pack it as a story. Dunno if I would say, "Yo, you know that story I wrote? That was actually my previous life. Sick, right? It's my second time living through this shit."

Or maybe say it was a dream I had. Either that or making it an actual story. I doubt most people would believe me and proving that I'm telling the truth would be pretty hard. If I know about that person secrets, they could think I'm a stalker. If I knew about some shit I wasn't supposed to know, maybe it's because of my information network... There is a kind of believable excuse for most of what you say as proof about your ,future/past knowledge".

The past is the past, but I feel like I can put the past behind me a lot easier if I tell the story to someone. Then it's out there and out of everything is out of my control (people's opinion about me and or the story 'cause the past was never in my control.)

Shizukani likes this.
  12. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    There's actually isekai novel where the mc do tell people close to him about him being reincarnated.

The reason why people won't just straight up tell others about it is because they don't want their friends and family to estrange them. I wouldn't tell others too if I were to be reincarnated

Shizukani likes this.
  13. WFNT

WFNT Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, F that. Ya havta keep up that iron-clad facade at all time in life. Can't just go around and do silly stuff like...ugh, show emotions. /s

Nah, but seriously, I feel like I'd probably want to treat it as much as possible as a bad dream and leave it behind. It depends on the exact circumstances of course, but as I've literally been given another chance at life, I don't think I'd want to spend a single living second wasting it reminiscing on what could happen (literally, again).

Shizukani likes this.
  14. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    There was one I was reading that he ended up getting found out by the girl he went for in his second life because she could read his mind and basically told him "loser" when he pussied out from confessing to her one time, which branched into a discussion that she was also someone who went back in time after dying alone. They were both interested in each other in both lives, but lived happily together killing gods and stuff in their second life.

Shizukani likes this.
  15. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes, I want MC to get angry at the people who made them suffer in a "exploded and made a rant" way but I dunno, it just feel a little beneath them? The best way is live your second life to the fullest and making sure people who made you suffer would never be able to do so in the first place.

Shizukani likes this.
  16. Zissel

Zissel Blue Blue Gold❣❣

Reading List:
    Link
    *pats pats* I literally feel the same when I read tragic past life romance stories, Shizu-chan. I keep hoping that they'd share their sadness and pain they're bearing from their last life to their partner.:blob_teary::blob_teary:

As for your question, honestly I'm not sure. If my second life turns out like the story, where I feel super secure with him, then I probably will. But if things turn out like my present life, then I won't. While the past is tragic, it's even more tragic if after sharing your past, your loved ones find it unbelievable or funny:blobupset::blobupset::blobupset: In that case, the fear of being hurt more would keep me from sharing my secret:notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

Shizukani likes this.
  17. Aniv2008

Aniv2008 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel u. A lot of times, I'll feel like the MC should just tell his/her partner about what they went through and stuff. It's like why does MC needs to suffer alone?? Then again, it's a lot of baggage right? Since the MC is starting over fresh, maybe it's for the best to leave those sufferings at the door... no need to bring up the past that others don't have recollection of and relive all the bad moments. If it's me, I'll write everything down and bury it in a box somewhere, move on. Getting a 2nd chance means to avoid previous mistakes and live better... not to relive bad memories.

Shizukani likes this.
  18. Agentt

Agentt Loves cats and pats and my wife

Reading List:
    Link
    I won't do anything

Shizukani likes this.
  19. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I would tell no body, going back to the past is such a great opportunity to just waste on some drama, using the knowledge I will fix some mistakes and take the chance to make a better life for myself and those that I care about, no need to tell anybody anything XD
    [​IMG]

20. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why I read tdg

Shizukani likes this.