Spoiler The villainess is a marionette

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Kezi

Kezi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The bad first impression was for the trope in general. I usually look up who's the ml before I get too invested in a new story, and I rolled my eyes when I saw that Raphael was the ml. I try not to judge a story based on no context spoilers, so I still gave it a fair chance. I'm assuming that a lot of the people who hate Raphael just can't get over their hate for that trope.

2. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    People are free to like or dislike whatever they like or dislike. What I don’t understand is why are they wasting their time griping about it when that behavior won’t change anything in the story except ruin the mood for the readers who do like the story and the main characters including the ML and come to the thread to discuss spoilers about the story rather than in engaging in pointless arguments over personal preferences over whether the ML is boring or not.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    Hera a misigga and its0k like this.
  3. Anidori

Anidori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello!
    Can someone please spoil me what happened to the emperor? I like this manhwa and don't want to read through all spoilers and spoil too much of the plot, I'm just curious about the emperor's fate because he seems like a bad dude. Can't find a link about him in the table of contents. Thank in advance to anyone who answers! :)

4. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hai, the emperor will be killed by razef.

Anidori likes this.
  5. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    He was murdered by Rezef. His plan to use Raphael and Cayenne to exact his revenge against his murdered but dead cheating wife, her cheating lover and the child of their affair, Rezef, spectacularly failed because Raphael and Cayenne refused to be used as tools. In addition, Raphael exposed the emperor’s deeds against Rezef so his legacy is definitely tarnished and the nobles and commoners reviled him. So basically, all three terrible parents involved in the marriage triangle got their just desserts. Only Raphael’s mother is alive and well.

6. Anidori

Anidori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!

Thanks so much for answering! I'm glad he got his just desserts. He's horrible. :(

7. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers about the wizards and Baelvs brother please....

8. Fxtabaa

Fxtabaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Question 1: idk what you’re talking about because she went back in time. It’s like some MCs getting reborn except for the 3rd time

Question 2: the answer is obvious, it’s a yes

9. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I stopped reading this novel some time ago when I found out Rezef gets banished and Cayena betrays him and I couldn't figure out the reason from the spoilers, just that she did do it. Can someone tell me why? he killed her the first time yes, but he's good to her this life no?

10. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    basically , Rezef is too obsessed with Cayena and at some point kills her nanny so Cayena decided to take revenge on him by taking the throne.

Fictionaddiction likes this.
  11. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In general he’s “good to her” only when she behaves the way he wants. He says he’ll allow her to be free when he becomes a King when she asks for this in return for her help, but the next minute he uses dirty tricks to keep her in the palace, sending her portraits around the kingdom, so that she could never have a normal quiet life.
    Additionally to the previous comment mentioning killing her nanny, when Cayenna says she’ll fight for the throne he tries to kill her a couple of times too, and even kills the King and puts the blame on Cayenna.
    His obsession with her looks like a mental disorder.

12. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for telling me ..though was her nanny more important than her bro. he seems like a perfectly "normal" yandere to me, except he's not the ml.
    The fist part where he is obsessed with her is.. ok , the second he is trying to kill her? mmm I guess that would be a good reason to ship him out.
    I still love him and wish he was the ml though (my yandere tendencies, though what happened would be what I'd do if this was real life)
    Thanks for the additional details.

Enmea likes this.
  13. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    I always wondered if Cayenne was in her right mind to even attempt to put this psycho in charge of the country. I never agreed with that plan at all. Thankfully Ethel came along to save that country and citizens since Cayenne didn’t want to actually become the emperor for life.

Muty30, manjuone and its0k like this.
  14. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is her half-brother, and is mental af. I like Yanderes a bit, but this one is trash and pathetic

15. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all the nanny replaced her mother, so she was really close to her, but Rezef used dirty tricks to banish her from the capital only to establish his people to control Cayenna.
    Second is that even though they are half-siblings, they were living separately and met only occasionally, so there wasn’t much affection between them. The ogCayenna was relying on Rezef, but he was only keeping her close to use her later in his power struggles.

Same! The current Cayenna was supposed to be a great schemer in her previous life, so I’m wondering how she didn’t see from the very beginning that Rezef is mentally unstable. I guess she calculated that collaborating with him will be the easiest way to become free, and then Rafael, Olivia and Ethel will do something to get rid of Rezef. But still he’s a psycho so with him it was better to be ready for the worst case scenario from the very start.

Fictionaddiction and Celebrianna like this.
  16. Rhie._

Rhie._ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By any chance Resef and Cayena reconcile I really wanna see this chapter :aww::aww::aww: I understand that sometimes its the environment that causes people to change, like Resef and OG Cayena. Both were raised without love and only had each other, so it was natural for their familial bond to dwindle after they were exposed to the darker aspects of the world ugh I really pity Resef sometimes but what he did can't be erased. Just glad he and Cayena still stay in contact tho! :blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

17. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They won’t reconcile or stay in touch. Rezef will be exiled and will be stubbornly sending Cayenna letters that she won’t be opening and reading. After a couple of years iirc when Cayenna is passing the throne to Ethel she’ll open Rezef’s present which is a hand made chess figure of a king. I didn’t understand this part much from the mtl but to me it looked like a threat or a sign that after so many years he’s still obsessed with the idea of usurping the throne.

Fictionaddiction likes this.
  18. Mitsuvii

Mitsuvii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He’s literally her half brother it’s weird why would want him to be the ml and his obsession towards her is weird I’m glad he wasn’t the ml

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    Muty30 and its0k like this.