Feature Request Follow Button for Author

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by pandaqueen, Aug 31, 2021.

1. pandaqueen

pandaqueen Immature Dork

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it possible to have a FOLLOW button on/and Author’s page? So that when there is a new novel title by that author being translated (thus added to the page) whoever follows them get a notification?

2. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    This would require a huge rewrite to NU's structure. Starting with creating actual author pages.
    And that would also require other changes - NU doesn't list non-translated novels, but if there was an author page, it should allow for listing all of their novels, even ones without translations.

There are no author pages atm. Only author "searches". Separate for each of author's aliases.

3. pandaqueen

pandaqueen Immature Dork

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would author’s page need em to list all titles? Would just need to list down translated titles—same as now.

And yes I know there are no author page now, thus the “/and”, not sure if it could be done on the searches, possibly just combining their alias to direct to same page with this button.

4. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    Because what's the point of having author pages if we're not gonna list all their novels?

5. pandaqueen

pandaqueen Immature Dork

Reading List:
    Link
    What’s the point of you asking what’s the point?

I suggested something, saying exactly what I was suggesting. You dislike or disagree with my idea, fine, doesn’t mean you come here, twisting my suggestion to your own interpretation then asking me what’s the point just cause what I want wasn’t what you interpreted it to be.

6. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...for one thing, there is no way to get notifications from NU. So that would have to be made first. And after that, author pages would need to be made that 1. list the translated series of said author (we're a site for translated novels, no need to list everything @Ral ) and the 2. make it something that is "followable" and will generate notifications.

On/and doesn't really make sense in english, so can't really blame @Ral for "misunderstanding".

aShinyVaporeon and AliceShiki like this.
  7. luoxinle

luoxinle Book Club Founder

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I'd appreciate just being able to create a list of authors, since I can always click through to see if there's anything new lately.

8. pandaqueen

pandaqueen Immature Dork

Reading List:
    Link
    No notification since there’s none in NU, I guess maybe made it more like a followed novel then, that it will show up on front page in different color when its novel from that author or something (or myb not this front page thing sounds convoluted)

It should work similar to a novel page.
    Author instead of title, list of books instead of chapter releases, and people could have author list where if they “followed” said author they could have em on a list they could regularly check