Wearing School Uniforms

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by superdelicate, Sep 1, 2021.

?

What's Your Opinion About Uniforms

1. I wear/wore them and I hated it

12 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. I wear/wore them and I loved it

20 vote(s)
    27.4%
  3. I don't care if need to wear one or not

30 vote(s)
    41.1%
  4. I never wore and I want to wear!

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. I never wore and I don't want to wear either

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Deleted member 321603

Deleted member 321603 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know but I know uniforms makes you look small and innocent that's why i like uniforms :>>

2. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Uniforms are nice, school without uniforms is kinda weird tbh

Wing0 likes this.
  3. northerner

northerner a stressed potato

Reading List:
    Link
    From someone who wore school uniforms since kindergarten until college, I don't hate it. I don't have to worry what to wear everyday to look presentable. When I was in primary school, i feel proud. Dark blue skirt is cool, and my school is kinda one of the best in producing excellent students (only the top sections). In secondary high, it feels okay? It's dark brown skirt and light khaki blouse with necktie. The skirt is nice bec I can move freely. But I definitely hate my senior high uni, leg movements are restricted since skirt is office lady style. College. Aaaag. Hate it. It's sky blue!!! Leg movements are still restricted. Although I can choose to wear pants but my thighs are fat. Lol.

4. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    I went to a private school so we had to wear uniforms. Button-up shirts, ties, blazers, three different kinds of hats, plus our cadet uniforms ... it was very expensive. They looked a bit over the top honestly.

But I do miss not having to decide what to wear everyday.

5. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    My only complaint about uniforms is that they tend to be white and get dirty easily.

6. Silver Compass

Silver Compass Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I once wore them in my school when I was a kid, and it had a set of two uniforms. It gets annoying when I didn't have any extra spare (red/white) uniform for wednesdays, so I was forced to use the (blue/green striped) uniform for thursdays, and it just felt weird to be the odd one out.

After I moved away, I didn't have to wear uniforms anymore, and I prefer it this way, but sometimes -just sometimes- I miss wearing uniforms.

Deleted member 348269 likes this.
  7. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    i suppose it can also depend on the culture of the country and the precise regulations as well as how strict they are about them. I read an article quite a while ago that, iirc, mentioned that the price for uniforms and associated stuff for japanese schools were very expensive (insanely expensive in my view).

yuurung likes this.
  8. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan loves school uniforms. Over here school uniforms are compulsory for all government or semi-government schools. We wear pinafores in Ai-chan's all girls school. You know, like what Asuka and Rei Ayanami wear in Evangelion. It's even the same colour.

We didn't wear sailor uniforms or blazers, though it seems like all private high schools use blazers these days. Even to this day, uniform play is a very enjoyable time for Ai-chan, Waiwai, and our dude eventhough we graduated like over 10 years ago. And with Iris, who was a schoolgirl just last year, we can have 4 people uniform play!

9. grass_is_tasty

grass_is_tasty Grass is more than just weed.

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about others but mine looked like trash. It wasn't designed properly and the tailor had to do way to many amends to make it look decent. Even the official uniform template thingy with students modelling the uniforms looked like absolute trash. The skirt hung around the hips instead of the waist, the skirt had no collar, no tie and the fabric design made one look like a clown. Mind you, the neck thingy extended all the way to the crotch in a straight line in all its gaudy glory. All above that retarded design. The school gave up good looking clothes just to build up an unique identity around their uniform. A unique identity of a stupid ass looking mofo. The uniform designs were so bad that I started wondering that they were doing this deliberately. That they hated the idea of their students looking like smartly dressed youths. They could have opted for a white shirt and navy skirts/pants+blazer but no. The reason why I felt so ugly in school was probably because I spent so much time wearing these ugly ass uniforms.
    The uniform design should've been burned with the trash when the designer came up with it.

10. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason why I love uniforms is because I don't have to think about what to wear everyday. My wardrobe is very very very limited so I'm thankful for the uniform.

Sabruness likes this.
  11. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I had to wear them from elementary all the way to the end of HS, and can't say I ever cared much about it. It was always white shirt and blue shorts no matter what school I went to, so I just got used to it and didn't think too much of it.

Nowadays I like using skirts more though, so I think the uniform would have bothered me... But as far as my school days went, I really didn't care about it... >.>

12. Hoodychan

Hoodychan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Schools in my country are very strict when it comes to uniforms, so I wore them from elementary school until high school.
    Even preschoolers must wear uniforms, although I didn't go to a preschool or a kindergarten (mom didn't believe in them at the time).
    Our uniforms were decent but I personally liked the colors of my high school uniform the most. We wore white blouses and navy skirts. My class added navy ties to the blouse so that teachers could distinguish it from other classes (each class chose an accessory like a ribbon or a tie to stand out). The only issue I had was with the school rules. The teachers were too strict when it came to the uniform colors :( I remember one time I wore a lighter version of the navy skirt and I was sent to the principal office :/ Also we were not allowed to wear accessories beside small earrings. Other than these small issues I think our uniforms were really nice.

13. Fool The World

Fool The World Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My school uniforms is sucks, i don't like to wear it and we're also not allow to wear any accessory like earring or necklace.

14. Writer_Luna

Writer_Luna Professional Liar

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking back we had to wear ties and had school colour code which was a nightmare when winter came as someone who's wardrobe is black on black on black it was annoying but it had funny parts to it too, like we had two one complete white and the other was somewhere a combo of red and dark creamy...that's all I remember...

15. Deleted member 25261

Deleted member 25261 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    At High School, it was not actually obligatory, but the school was trying ensure at least one piece. I used the full one and love it. It's so good, i got 3 tshirts, 2 hoodle, 3 pants and anymore cared about what to wear all the High School. I don't know why people dislike it.

16. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ai chan is one truly unique and weird person, it seems!

17. Deleted member 382919

Deleted member 382919 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe I'm getting old but, anything will do that is something plain and comfortable

18. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    In New Zealand, it's roughly about the following:

Kindergarten/Kohanga Reo (aka Pre-school): Non-uniform
    Primary School (Elementary): Non-uniform
    Intermediate (I guess like Junior High? Idk): Mixed
    High School: Mixed
    University: Of course, non-uniform

Kohanga-reo was no uniform, same with primary school and then intermediate. I attended a uniform single sex high school for the earlier years and then switched to a non-uniformed school for my senior years just because I wanted to be able to sleep in later in the morning and go home later in the afternoons.

I preferred having a uniform, because the uniform was well tailored. It looked neat, tidy, was comfortable and I didn't have to put effort into thinking about what I was going to wear at school. Some of my friends from other schools were jealous of our uniforms. Our school was (and still is) fairly well-known in the country for being prosperous and consistently turning out high achievers in various fields so there's that as well. I didn't care about any of that back then, but I did like our uniform a lot.

I didn't feel the need to show my individuality because I did that on my own time. I went to school to learn and I had excellent teachers who were passionate about their subjects and passing on their knowledge to their students.

superdelicate likes this.
  19. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    uniform is nice to hide disparity on economy income~ its nice to reduce style cuz well why bother think what to wear, its nice to see which one ditch class, it nice to see which one have good face ehem~

this cat like uniform cuz hmm unity feel? six uniform for six days, one for each day fumu nice and easy~
    well maybe 3? beside ya can tell that kid from which school from its uniform... albeit may be cuz there insignia or symbol on the uniform~

btw the downside, well only have one and somehow get dirty, prepare to fast laundry lol~

20. deadlyexistence23

deadlyexistence23 ❝ And maybe, for a while that was true ❞

Reading List:
    Link
    What i like about my uniform was the very deep pockets, I could stack my whole art supplies and it would fit, you must wear complete uniform in Mondays since there's a ceremony we have to attend, in thu-fri I can just wear P.E uniform, or my pajamas and hoodies because it's comfortable.

And the neckties I can pull. >.> Loose neckties are hawt.