Discussion What's the best recipe for a perfectly experienced immortality?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bad Storm, Aug 27, 2021.

?

Do you even want to be immortal?

1. Yup

41.2%
  2. Nope

32.4%
  3. I'm not sure yet

23.5%
  4. Would have been nice to eat skullie forever

14.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    A series of questions are brought in mind, I don't really care if you point them out one by one or just narrate your very own perfect recipe for immortality.

• What type of immortality do you want? How does it even work in the first place? Like Do you want to stay the same age all throughout? Or do you want the Reincarnating version of immortality where you would remember your past lives?
    • What would be your attitude to the common folk?
    • What are your plans while living out your immortal days?
    • Are there any values your wish to maintain through your never-ending life?
    • Do you wish to try everything? Just good things? Just bad things? All of everything?
    • Do you have something you wish to pursue? A grand goal of sorts?
    • Are you gonna find a way to end your immortal life? How, why and what things do you think would work?
    among other random questions ofc.
    Personally, I was thinking of my sort of pleasurable immortality as one where I won't experience death, age, illnesses. Looking particularly normal that I could hide in the crowd at will while having the option to express a sort of dominating pressure if needed (like to show I'm not actual some random person you could hurt at will). I like to have some powers too. Nothing too domineering like controlling elements or whatnot. A perfect memory, a way to disguise/change appearance, a way to read minds, teleportation, having lots of money if that's a superpower...

Lastly, I just wanna spend my immortal days hopping from one city to another, chasing after what I currently fancy. Maybe I'm curious about Spanish food so I go to Spain, or get curious about French breakfast so I go there. Maybe I want to go to Comicon or an amusement park or laze around at some random beach resort. Or maybe I want to try some fancy job like being a spy or multinational company boss. I feel like immortality would be good if I can do what I want when I want it without being hindered by unnecessary things. Sounds cool enough for me. Though at the end of the day, I still wish I have a way to kill myself off when all things are done and through. Would be quite tragic to stay and watch the whole galaxy blow off without my consent.

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  2. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    The kind that only happens when you eat skulkie~

3. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    • What type of immortality do you want? How does it even work in the first place? Like Do you want to stay the same age all throughout? Or do you want the Reincarnating version of immortality where you would remember your past lives?
    Same person with everlasting youth, reincarnating with past live(s) memories sounds like a headache and will result in lots of unwanted drama XD
    Nothing, I mean even if I am immortal, I am basically still a human just with better "specs" XD
    Hopefully, living in an everlasting heavenly place where I can get whatever I want XD
    I want to get rid of any negative feelings you know, like depression, sadness, jealousy, boredom, etc...
    • Do you wish to try everything? Just good things? Just bad things? All of everything?
    Good things yeah definitely, but If I know something is bad, why would I want to try it XD
    Making my dreams/desires/goals real I guess, aside from that, a calm peaceful life doesn't sound bad
    • Are you gonna find a way to end your immortal life? How, why and what things do you think would work?
    No, if everything goes as I want, why would I want to end my life

Toralk and Bad Storm like this.
  4. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if it gets boring being immortal :blobrofl:

5. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    But I want to get rid of feelings like boredom, if I get bored that means I didn't become the kind of immortal I want XD

6. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh that would be cool. The feeling of never getting bored!

7. a14635

a14635 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Playing games and reading novels for eternity? Sign me in! :blobpopcorn:

Bad Storm likes this.
  8. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    RIGHT?! RIGHT!

9. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Something’s not right here :hmm:
    upload_2021-8-27_12-34-23.png

SylviaViolet, GonZ555 and ngard like this.
  10. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnation forever is kind of too restricting. I'd like to just be immortal in any way I feel like. Age when I want, reincarnate when I want. That kind of thing.
    They would be transient, as all species and things. I doubt humanity will live longer than a million years (Earth years), though even that is a very generous estimation. For an immortal like me that is worthlessly little
    Do I need plans? I'll have them when I want them, a grander goal is so mortal experience
    No. Hell no. Being trapped forever with unchanging values is terrible
    Everything
    Again, a grand goal is for the lesser beings like humans and their pathetic lifespans
    I dunno

Bad Storm likes this.
  11. RainMorga

RainMorga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The worst type of immortality would be to spend 98% of your time cultivating just to extend your lifespan and the other 2% would be fighting random characters that want to punish your descendants that you barely know.

12. AkaNoOu

AkaNoOu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The kind of immortality where i can eat what i want and dont get fat, a shitload of money would help as well

13. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    • I want the immortality in which i won't experience illness, don't have to eat or drink, don't have to breath, able to regenerate(not passively, but i have to will my limbs to regenerate).
    • I don't think my attitude to the common folk would be any different.
    • enjoy stories of both real life and fiction.
    • Yes, my moral as well as interest in stories.
    • I honestly want to only try good thing, but i am sure if i can live without any consequences to my action, i would also try the bad things.
    • I guess i would want to see people's life stories. Help other people when possible. Probably would also want to be some kind of myth or legend (Like, if you send a letter to a certain address mentioning your life story and ask for help, then you might receive help from a mysterious person
    • I might try. Maybe i would be able to pass down my immortality or something. But i don't think anything would work if the immortality is the same as the one i wanted.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    Bad Storm likes this.
  14. LittleBigSnowFlower

LittleBigSnowFlower 悪くないよねぇ 〜

Reading List:
    Link
    - Reincarnating Immortal is what I would like. But with a mechanic that there would be unlimited chances to relive that life once again (save/load function on games) or go to the next one when satisfied (game clear so onto next installment like function). The experience of immortality in UQ Holder (Evangeline) still has a bitter taste on my mouth.
    - That's why I want the mechanic that I devised, being too special can make you desensitized with human lives sooner or later due to its fragility. And if I have to live the immortality I like, I would not detest the way of life of others. I would just remember that living a life without regrets (good or bad doesn't matter) is not to be belittled.
    - Living every facets of life like a sandbox? I for once have so many things I want to study when I was very young, though I know it's not too late but I want to actually devote myself into it my whole life.
    - The value of life, and the beauty of the world and its people. Having a never-ending life would make you feel the sense of being an "outsider", a special being. I hope that if I have this, I want to respect all life and not think that It's a blessing to exploit, not to hate every facets of darkness this world had but the beauty and goodness of it.
    - If ever, I want to experience every good things first. Bad things? As long as the previous answer is not violated, I'm still okay with it... I guess. It might be hypocritical but it's also the plan I have which I answered the question before that.
    - Placing a mark that would be remembered by all ages to come that helped the humanity? Makes my imaginary immortal self chuckle to see every person who marked the history of mankind is just himself on his past lives, isn't it quite nice?
    - Probably that "end" of immortal life would be when I willingly choose myself to forget every lives before it and move on to next life as a clean slate would be good.

Bad Storm likes this.
  15. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I quite like that answer, a well fleshed out and interesting point of view.

16. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    I want a little bit of everything. I want to be able to reincarnate with a summary or a vault of my past lives memory that i can access when i choose to remember them. I also would be able to control and maintain my body appearance, temporarily use my previous life's form in case of an emergency like being attacked while i'm in an infant body.
    It'll probably goes a little bit like this:
    Start of 1st life: try to help everyone starting from those that is close to me,
    Near the end of 1st life: got tired of being used and lied to.
    2nd life: do things that mostly benefit me alone.
    N-th life: got tired of the repeating history and stay for a long time.
    (N+1)th life: life like a normal human.
    Enjoying my life... i guess playing god by making a new species would be included in my things to do when i'm immortal.
    Probably no. Values change, and so does people. Meaning i'll have one or two values that i'll maintain at some point, but it would probably change after a few life time of reincarnation.
    Everything. Boredom of immortality will incite me to do it..
    As of right now, nope.
    I would certainly try at some point.
    I would learn a technique to obliterate, divide or even infuse my soul to someone else.
    I would avoid sharing the technique or principle of those technique incase someone would use it on me before i decided to end myself.

17. Muskanoo

Muskanoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you ask me personally I don't want to be immortal bcz my life is not that great to live forever.
    And if someone say you can be immortal with this *screw* life of mine I will gladly prefer to die.

18. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    That's coz Multiple votes are allowed ~

19. UndyingSLIME10295

UndyingSLIME10295 [•Figment of your Imagination•]

Reading List:
    Link
    Being immortal is boring AF.....

20. Silver Compass

Silver Compass Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Regardless of what kind of immortal I would be, the best recipe to enjoy immortality is by forgetting every couple hundreds of years.

That is, if you are able to selectively choose which memory you can forget. Otherwise perfect retainment of knowledge would be no different than an eternal torture as you would have to watch everyone you love around you die.