Request University in your country

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sawanara murasaki, Sep 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    So, after this year, I'll proceed my study to university and take my degree (I hope so). I'm interested to study abroad actually but my result is kinda low, hehe. I just need some university in your country which requires lower A-level results for example minimum of BBB like in Liverpool University. You can also suggest me the requirement and some courses which related to Chemistry, Physics and Maths.

Hoping that I'll get good results with flying colours.

2. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    what's this

3. Lazy Bookworm

Lazy Bookworm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    ah yes, a levels, I think im gonna fail math...
    what is your result? the min to enter uni is?

5. natsume142

natsume142 だが、断る

Reading List:
    Link
    You can enter any university you want with money.. result doesnt really matter hahaha

6. Bobwillrule

Bobwillrule Supreme Ruler of Bobylon

Reading List:
    Link
    Wat? I don't understand what A level or BBB is. I think it's a British thing?
    Some of the better well known ones would be:
    Top 100 uni:
    Ubc
    Mcgill
    Uoft
    Top 200 uni:
    Waterloo
    Mcmaster
    udm

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  7. Sawanara murasaki

Reading List:
    Link
    A level is an examination to be specific Advance level. You sit for O level (ordinary level) first which is crucial for every student but A level is optional...BBB are the example of grades you get for each subjects you take if you only take 3 subjects and BBBB for four subjects or AABC and so on like for example you get B for Geography, B for Maths, B for Accounting and so on..BBB (or 300 points; 100 points per grade, 80 points for C, 60 points for 60 and so on) is the least required grades for scholarship in my country.

I only get AS results but we won't sit for A level because of the pandemic but use mock exams results and the upcoming online test ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ...In my country, the minimum point to enter university is 240 (combination of e.g. CCD) don't know about international students who choose university in my country. Another university in my country required minimum of 320 points for my subjects
    (╥﹏╥)
    I heard that requirement of points to enter university in Singapore is quite high..

8. SweetLiesBL

SweetLiesBL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if I get what you're asking but...

In Spain it depends on the degree you are in. For example, I think if you study maths you only need an average of 7 out of 10 (we don't use ABCDF here). BUT I don't know if it will be the same for foreigners

9. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    ah I'm not sure with your points scheme
    in Singapore we have rank points and 60/90 is the min to enter university according to my brother. (but the courses aren't the popular ones) to do better courses you probably need to ace every subject

10. Hoodychan

Hoodychan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The grading system in my country is totally different from the UK.
    We usually follow a 100 point system. So if you finished high school and let's say you are interested in studying Engineering or medicine, you'll need to have a minimum of 75-90 points out of 100 (depending on what major you'll apply to).
    The acceptance rate in some majors can be challenging. For example in my case, my major doesn't get many applicants so I was accepted without a hassle. On the other hand, my friends that applied to Architectural Engineering did not pass the interview or failed the entrance exam due to the competitiveness of the major.
    In case you are interested, I studied Computer Science (College of Engineering) in the middle east. I recommend that you apply to universities near you and consider which majors will accept your current scores. I'm afraid the language barrier will also be an issue for you if you apply to a university in my country; although most universities teach in English (again depending on the major) :)

Sawanara murasaki likes this.
  11. Didact

Didact Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, in my country, you need to pass the basic cross-country entrance exam (with flying colours, which basically means any rank within the top 500) to be guaranteed a seat in a good college. To just get admitted to one, any rank within the top 100,000 will do. That’s just for the engineering courses (chem, phys, maths)

Or, if you’re rich enough, there’s always the donation/management seats

12. Writer_Luna

Writer_Luna Professional Liar

Reading List:
    Link
    It really comes down to money, if you etch to a scholarship then life gets a little easier but country wise everyone has it different. Because not only do you need money to move abroad but there's also dorms/flats/apartments there's uni fees...
    Simply put its risk it all or nothing situation

13. Sawanara murasaki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, in my country everything will be paid for students who study abroad.