Heavenly Jewel Change or Martial Peak?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by amnesic123, Sep 2, 2021.

1. amnesic123

amnesic123 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thinking to start a new novel. Can anyone please recommend me between these two novels and why you would choose one over the other?

2. CodeTime

CodeTime [Void Emperor of Time]

Reading List:
    Link
    I would personally recommend Heavenly Jewel Change, mainly because power system pretty unique. Basically, a special few awaken 'jewels' which correspond to elements, and you basically inherit skills off of creatures which are of that type of element (aka, if you have a fire element, you can inherit dragons breath from a fire dragon), but you are restricted to the jewels that you start with. So if you awaken only a fire element, you cannot gain a water element later on in life (unless you are in the literal top 1% of the top 1%, which even then, was only relevant once in the story and was still restricted). The inheriting of skills is also special, though I can't quite remember what it is.
    Now for martial peak, I haven't read it but I want to say that it has a very generic description, so I want to doubt it's uniqueness, though I guess the tags tell a slightly different story, lol.

3. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heavenly Jewel Change is much shorter and already finished so read that one.

4. Rhydec

Rhydec Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A vote for Heavenly Jewel Change from me. Mainly due to the fact that it actually makes the bow be a decent weapon in a cultivationish setting.

5. redplaid

redplaid Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would recommend Heavenly Jewel Change because I like the interaction between characters more. I like a shameless protagonist and some of the things he does is really quite funny. The side characters also don't get completely abandoned. For Martial Peak the main character is always off on his own. It holds together reasonably well for such a long novel.

Even if I liked them equally I would still recommend Heavenly Jewel Change because it is complete while Martial Peak has over 5000 chapters and it is less than half translated.

6. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    HJC easily, (it is alright-ish for the most part not the best, not the worst)

7. amnesic123

amnesic123 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks a lot guys.