Digimon Reboot: Episode Discussion [Spoilers, duh]

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Gandire Alea, Apr 5, 2020.

?

Do you think one of Kouji Wada’s songs will be played at some point in time??

1. Butterfly

42.9%
  2. Brave Heart

52.4%
  3. There won’t be any of his songs playing...

28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like. Lot of us got tired of this show’s pacing and over focus on taichi

Shiki likes this.
  2. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too. So I only watched takeru's episode. Never watched the others since 30ish? Well... it's milleniummon vs Holydramon and Goddramon. Just seeing milleniummon, zeedmilleniummon and goddramon animated in the series is worth it for me (despite taichi's protagonism again).

3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm working this weekend... Maybe in the next one...
    I just hated the fillers... >.>

Shiki likes this.
  4. Miku

Miku

Reading List:
    Link
    Yesterday episode made me happy. For once, it's not about monster of the week. Instead, they depicted the people (rookie digimon) trying to survive against nature in the digital world. I'm happy for more worldbuilding like this. But it seems like Taichi will go to his sister's place next week.

Well... Yesterday's episode has Hououmon not being overshadowed by Taichi and Agumon. No Taichi Protagonism for one. But yeah, It seems like Taichi can't stop being protagonist next episode too, since he'll go to Takeru and Hikari's place when it should be Jyou's episode (as Jyou is the one who takes care of Takeru and Hikari RN).

Shiki, Gandire Alea and AliceShiki like this.
  5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I really should catch up to the series... >.>

Seems like it's at a nice spot though~

Shiki likes this.
  6. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    I should also start catching up again

Shiki likes this.
  7. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone:

Shiki and AliceShiki like this.
  8. Miku

Miku

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm... other than
    removing hot spring and save jou
    , taichi's role is a support here. But it is creepy. Like Digimon tri sora x gennai creepy. Or Hikari x those eldritch beings level of creepy.
    Gomamon being forced to be wife of shogungekomon, various situations of him trying to kiss Gomamon, the restrain play...
    How do they give OK for this episode for children's consumption? I'm not sure if the comedic undertone offset those scenes.

I'm not sure this episode is worth watching. I don't really enjoy it. Sure, Jou shines in this episode. But the interactions, the concept of this episode... I just want to ask Toei... why?

Shiki likes this.
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    This looks... Troublesome.

*still needs to catch up*

I think I'll have time for it this week though, hopefully I can endure the filler hell to reach the more interesting episodes~

Shiki likes this.
  10. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mixed reception, I guess. There are some who like that comedy. If you look at reddit, you'll find people liking this comedy at the weekly episode discussion. Same with withthewill weekly episode discussion.

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I finally watched the soccer episode and... It was actually interesting and focused on Sora mainly. Taichi didn't steal the spotlight even, it was surprising~

I was traumatized by how bad the Jou and Potatomon episode was that I ended up not giving the soccer one a chance for way longer than I should have... >.>

Shiki likes this.
  12. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jyou's episode is so good, because Taichi doesn't appear until last few seconds. He's probably one of the characters who grow into the role of his crest instead of embodying it already.

The next episode is Takeru's. I'm excited.

13. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how we all agree that the better episodes are ones without the "hero"

Shiki likes this.
  14. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    But Wargreymon against Millenniummon was a great fight XD

15. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... about takeru's episode... it's not something special. I usually like takeru's episode. If anything, if there's a sequel, I hope Takeru takes the lead instead of Daisuke. He's the shounen protagonist through the power of never giving up. Though, I hope for more 7 great angel lore, so meiko and wallace inclusion, and somehow making veemon or wormmon able to become angemon-type digimon.

I don't ship takari in 2020, even though I ship them in the original. Interpersonal relationship is so lacking between the chosen in this season. Perhaps Takeru x Meiko-Oneesan?

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  16. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure about wormon but there is an angel kind of sort of evolution for veemon, it is called Gargoylemon XD
    [​IMG]

17. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know the 7 angel shown in ep. 5 or 6, iirc? Rasielmon, seraphimon, cherubimon, ophanimon, slashangemon, clavisangemon, and valdurmon? Silphymon can evolve to valdurmon, and shakkoumon can evolve to slashangemon. So it's just clavisangemon at this point who doesn't have digivolution line.

18. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, and you hope either veemon or wormon to digivolve into it, tbh I don't see either of them digivolving into it (even tho veemon and agumon can digivolve into it, at least in a certain game but I don't think it will happen in the anime) but maybe a change will happen or some other digimon will appear like Lopmon (maybe another digimon will appear for clavisangemon) XD

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2021
    Shiki likes this.
  19. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So... today's taichi's episode. At last, they elaborated some of the ancient war's lore.
    Omegamon in the ancient war as fusion of Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon, as usual. What's not usual is that the other four were casualties in the last war. So in the ancient war, it's omegamon and our two angels (why two when we have seven, toei?). Will they give us merciful mode here?

On one hand, lore. On the other hand... taichi's episode. The execution is nice though.

Next, seraphimon!

20. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Gandire Alea @AliceShiki, are you still watching/going to watch? it's the final three episode, so no more filler now.