Discussion World end

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 369806, Sep 3, 2021.

?

Does this give you an existential crisis?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    85.2%
  3. Other, please specify in a comment

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, Mr Popo here with another topic XD

As you probably know, our solar system is not just floating in space but also traveling in it going to some destination.
    But the universe is not infinite and when our galaxy reaches its destination, it will probably be the end, the so called apocalypse.

And that is it, just a thought that I wanted the share XD

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the solar system is moving (first time I hear of it, tho) like a player moving up the levels, then the universe too is expanding like a game adding DLC packs. :blobpeek:

3. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless we're revolving around something. Like, the earth is revolving around the sun which is revolving around the galaxy. Who's to say the galaxy isn't revolving around something either? So maybe we might not reach the end ever. But humans will probably be long extinct, the sun would've exploded, etc before that comes about.

4. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't they say Earth would reach the sun and burn up first? :blobjoy:

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  5. Anikiman

Anikiman Sloth From The Land Of Silver

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how you're implying the solar system will last that long. Anyways, even if it did the Milky Way is predicted to be on a collision course towards some other galaxy, in like a few billion years or so.

6. CardOne4All

CardOne4All Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it will, in around a billion years all the water on earth will be evaporated.

7. MinUp

MinUp Maidenless, yet Homiefull

Reading List:
    Link
    Space is vast so the sun would probably explode before even reaching the end , if there is even any

8. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe this is false? The Galaxy is moving because the universe is ever expanding. Eventually, no star will be visible from any other star whatsoever. I believe our solar system will long be dead before that happens, though.

9. Wing0

Wing0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Moon is revolving around the Earth, the Earth is revolving around the Sun in the center of our Solar System, the Solar System is revolving around the Quasar in the center of our Milky Way galaxy, the Milky Way seems to be revolving around the center of the Universe(not yet confirmed)
    Thus came the terms: Lunar month, Solar year, Cosmic year

About "existential crisis": every journey has it's dangers, and we are traveling on a cosmic level

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  10. Vermouth

Vermouth Older but none the wiser.

Reading List:
    Link
    I never think about these things.

11. Kairil

Kairil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless I can cultivate to at least jindan, matters that far ahead in time don't actually concern me

12. babybb

babybb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean considering climate change will do us all in in about 15 years we’re a little far away from worrying about the collapse of the solar system, no?

13. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok but we’ll prob do ourselves in without all that
    Don’t worry ur p head over stooopid things

14. InitialA

InitialA Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too far away to care about that.
    But yeah, hearing that our solar system is slowly inching towards a supermassive black hole is quite scary.

15. JPGr

JPGr Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know current understanding is that our star (the sun) orbits a cluster of super stars and black holes at the centre of our galaxy (the milky way). At present it is not known that the milky way orbits anything, although it has a couple known small galaxies orbiting it, however there are some hypotheses that the milky way could possibly orbit dense clusters of larger galaxies but is only hypothetical at the moment.

16. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how you interpreted that but yes our entire galaxy is moving be it the sun, earth, moon, etc... everything is moving somewhere while keeping their orbit (kind of) XD
    Ever expanding towards a limit you mean, you can look it up if you want but here is a short video if you want to not waste time, but yeah the age of the solar system is also something to consider XD

Actually, the earth is moving away from the sun about some few centimeters each year, so, we are moving out of orbit too :blobsweat_2:
    Cool XD
    That is also true, yeah :blobsweat_2: XD

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2021
    babybb, Lissi and otaku31 like this.
  17. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    on cosmic timeline current human lifespan is worthless lol~
    there also star, celestial object and astronomy object which can make our sun is tiny lil dust so yeah nothing need to be scared at~
    the moon moving away but based on timeline prediction who know if human still on earth when moon say goodbye to earth

Wing0 and Deleted member 369806 like this.
  18. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wahhhh really

I learn new things every day :blobrofl:

19. Deleted member 348269

Deleted member 348269 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the universe was ever expanding...but hmm there are two theories of it being infinite or finite thu...

Don't particularly like sourcing video channels that are the type to list this-is-interesting facts kind. Some of them don't really fact check, just list whatever "facts" they heard and some of it may be inaccurate.

Yes I think about the world collapsing sometimes. But it ain't that far into the universe ending. We won't even be alive then. Heck I remembered something in hs where teach told us while earth is orbiting the sun, we cross a certain path every some million years that makes us more vulnerable to asteroids hit. Last major one hit 65-66 million years ago. Teach told us we were sorta due for another major hit. Hello dinos.

Before we even reach to the ends of universe thu, we're more likely gonna have to deal with the sun dying out (its midage atm) and leaves catastrophe with no more sunlight to grow crops and many other living things depending on sunlight.

But the most scary stuff aint even all that either. The most scary stuff is humans. Tensions can lead to war, and humans have always perfected making more bigger, better, deadlier weapons...Humans are more likely to end themselves than something on a universe-level descending on us. Like major world wars type. Long before aliens from space come and take over, we're probably wiped ourselves out with all the fighting among us. The biggest fear is it to happen during your time; no one wants to be the last ones living before we all boom each other. Just pray and hope it doesn't happen in our timeline and neither for centuries to come. And that eventually we find ourselves more at peace with each other, in good way.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2021
  20. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a big bang, so there is a beginning, by declaring that alone, the argument of the universe's infinity is disproved but let me give you something better then, since I am not sure of the video's source myself, I liked the experiment in the video tho XD
    Here is a good infographic, tell me what you think about it (this is the image just in case it doesn't load or something)
    Another, thing that might help XD