LCD Absolute Resonance

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Greyman

Greyman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, yeah. "I won't need to associate with him once I've used him to establish close business ties between our families," isn't exactly forward planning.

jacobpaige likes this.
  2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "don't mention Li Luo in front of your mother." I wonder if her mom lost his dad to his mom ;)

Why would his resonance power being slightly better than hers give such a noticeable result?

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Was she inspired by the young lord's good looks?" lol XD

He's not capable of making third grade products, so how can he be so certain that his watersource can beat Inkwater Pavilion's? This is assuming that he even tested it on the first and second grade products.

I'm also still wondering how he's planning to continue supplying the workshop with his watersource once he's gone to college. Won't it just fall off a finicial and reputational cliff the moment his watersource stops being provided in sufficient quantities?

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a strong feeling that the author isn't going to be accounting for the time and energy he has to put into generating watersource for Suncreek Villa.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He has way too much faith in what people won't dare to do...

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "You should have asked Southwind Academy what Li Luo was famous for. It was tattling!" lol.

"Forget it. I can't afford you. I think I'll get someone to take you back to the City of Southwind." lol.

"Make the Suncreek Villa a top-10 villa... Jiang Qing'e, you blackhearted maggot." Honestly, it sounds pretty reasonable given what he's accomplished so far. Even if he only buffs the low tier products, it'll still have a massive impact on the prosperity of the business. Though, he'd need to drastically increase the amount of watersource he can generate. I expect becoming a Resonant Master will help tremendously in that regard though.

That aside, I wonder how long it'll be until he can make products on the same level as the ones he needs to use. I'm leaning towards 7th grade or higher, if only because of how hard it will be to find anyone capable of making them for him, much less willing to do so in bulk for money.

otaku31 likes this.
  7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So, couldn't he just provide the watersource while the other guy becomes president? This isn't enough for that guy to give up.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Vice President Pang, you have worked very hard. I give you a year's leave. Please enjoy your rest at home." lol :LOL:

Wasn't he the only fifth grade artificer left though? How will they produce fifth grade products now?

otaku31 likes this.
  9. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was something like that mentioned previously? Maybe they have other fifth grade artificers, tho not as accomplished as Pang. Well, even if there aren't any fifth grade artificers left, Lingqing might take up the vacant role; she should have had a feel for it after she successfully refined a fifth grade product at the festival.

Tho I do wonder how Li Luo can meet the supply of watersource, now that the demand has gone way up... unless he breaks through to Resonant Master stage.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    jacobpaige likes this.
  10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure it was mentioned last chapter when introducing the VP guy.

Yeah, I'm kinda wondering how he'll find the time/energy to do anything but make watersource at this point. I expect the author will just handwave it if they bother to mention it at all though.

otaku31 likes this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why the author even needs that guy to betray the bank. If what the MC needs is going to be put up for auction, then anyone paying attention to the MC will be able to notice him bidding on the items and then try to outbid him for spite.

That aside, I'm really glad that the difficulty of producing enough watersource is being acknowledged.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Well, a man like me can't stand the strong bullying the weak." Such righteousness! This filthy world doesn't deserve him ToT

I'm guessing the kid is royalty.

If he doesn't need the materials immediately, he'd probably be better off just letting the guy have them. I'm sure Lu Qing'er would be happy to keep an eye out for more of them, or to simply import them for him.

Greyman and otaku31 like this.
  13. Greyman

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, yes. It is likely less about roping Ning Zhao into this one petty scheme in particular, and more about exploiting his jealousy to habituate him into joining future plots and plans.

jacobpaige and otaku31 like this.
  14. Greyman

Reading List:
    Link
    It would have. We could have had a mini-arc with Ning Zhao

Looks like the plot is taking another path though.
    It was fairly telegraphed. Mischievous sick royal patronage ...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I was figuring he'd be the prince at most, or maybe a princess in disguise.

"You're the emperor of the Xia Kingdom" Is this a translation error? How can he be the emperor of a kingdom?

Yeah, I figured his casual gift would be the solution to a chronic and intractable illness or "illness". Now I'm just wondering if the kid is actually sick, or if he's being poisoned. Also wondering in what way this will wind up benefiting the MC. I'm sure it'll be more than just money.

16. Greyman

Reading List:
    Link
    So, it turns out that the current water-source is not a one-shot cure-all, but it has caught the first princess' attention.
    Benefitting? :confused:

I'm expecting a storm of trouble brewing on several fronts before any net benefit accrues. Like...
    We haven't even met the regent yet, and already foul play is suspected. :cautious:

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like one of the teachers will have it in for him during the exam.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So, what grade will his new resonance be? Fourth? Sixth? And will he have to purify it separately from his first resonance? If so, then that's going to be very, very expensive.

19. Greyman

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh oh. Someone is in trouble now.

Taking such a risky action without warning his waifu.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how he plans to explain having two resonances. I sincerely doubt he'll manage to hide the second after all.

Nah, he'll likely just be super hungry when he wakes up and crawl to the chef for a feast.