What’s the deal with Korean people and bread?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Raven Evernight, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    I see it in lord of Korean mangas kids bullying other kids and forcing them to go buy them bread like what is it with Korean people and bread is it like a drug addiction or something? Sweets and stuff I could get but always bread is weird to me can someone explain please?

OechineunAlex and huseyn12 like this.
  2. huseyn12

huseyn12 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my own opinion, they are pastries.(I just searched korean bread on the internet)
    In my country (it is called Azerbaijan--west asian country), the word of chorek (bread) had 2 meanings, first one is obvious, but centuries ago we called pastries as bread. Maybe korean people are the same as us

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  3. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    They're lunch.. you live in a world where wheat, rice, and maize are the main staple foods; guess which one is easier to carry around

4. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Bruh

Reading List:
    Link
    Pastries. It’s normally for snacks or breakfast/lunch. Then again it could be because it’s called “빵셔틀” which means bread shuttle, which is usually used at school, where one student is picked on and/or bullied to do the errands for people who are in a stronger position than they are.

5. NorthBladeTL

NorthBladeTL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They eat bread for lunch and there's always a long queue for bread at the school cafeteria. As petty as it sounds, the bullies just want someone else to do the queuing for them. They probably want the bullied guy to pay for it too, so they can spend their pocket money on other things.

6. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's lunch or breakfast. Some bread and a drink are common lunches and breakfasts. I know a lot of people who still do this. Also the bread is different, there is melon , brown sugar, strawberry, coffee and chocolate as well as many others.

7. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bread are common as lunch menu.

8. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. And when they're older and have entered the workplace they learn a better way to do it: group-buys between co-workers for specific days of the week for lunch orders. You don't even need to pull aggro to get others to queue.

It's so much easier to have someone go and buy lunch for everyone on alternate days so that you don't have to queue every day by yourself. The real trick is learning about how to get discounts for the restaurants on your days so that you make a little if you need to give change back to some of the people. This has gotten harder, though, if you're using a group-pay app and just picking up the orders for people.

NorthBladeTL and Baldingere like this.